Jay C Stores Employee Reviews

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Depends on the store and management
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 13, 2017
I enjoyed my job here for the most part got me through highschool and I was a little immature to have a standing review of this place because it was so long ago but from my findings it was always about half and half. Half everyone I knew that worked their liked it and the other half didn't. Guess it just depends on the job you take here.
Pros
close to staff
Cons
management was always shady
JayC
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Odon, INApril 5, 2016
I been with Jayc Food Store almost three years now. I have learned a lot, its been a real experience. It had its ups and downs but I have always got through, with the help of good coworkers and good leadership from the managers.
Pros
Break Time, discounts
Cons
Nothing free
Small outdated grocery store
Curtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day consists of bagging peoples groceries, taking in carts, mopping, cleaning the restrooms, taking out the trash, and helping customers out with their groceries. Some days they'll have me greet people as they come in. I have learned that the customer is always right and to work fast. The management was alright. I liked some more than others. Some tried to work me too fast while cleaning so I couldn't do a good job. My coworkers are mostly other high schoolers or college students. The hardest part of the job is to not get moody with the customer when they bad mouth you. The most enjoyable part is giving the kids stickers because it always makes them smile and it makes me feel good that I made their day.
Pros
time and a half Sundays, get off whenever you ask, small town store
Cons
poor management, dirty, minimum wage, hot, small, outdated