Jazz Pharmaceuticals

Working at Jazz Pharmaceuticals: 33 Reviews

United States33 reviews

good work life balance. good managers. Co-workers are kind and respectful towards each other

Featured review

Jazz Pharmaceuticals selected this as a representative review
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Teams are collaborative and easy to work with. Career growth dependent on your manager. Mid size pharma. Team members are respectful to each other. Everyone works together to meet deadlines. Lean teams.

Overall company culture is okay

Needs more diversity. I think they may be working on it. Had a lot of fun times. Definitely lots to do for professional development and team building. Management could be more hands on with employee relation issues.

Jazz Pharmaceuticals insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Treating contractors like dirt - lots of back-room politics

Stay away from this company at all costs! My manager was a back-stabbing idiot who allowed a co-worker's objections to using one word ALL CAPS in an email as "reason" to end contract early. Owner is a fake, fattest and dumbest CEO that I've ever met! Avoid like COVID!!

Leadership puts action to words

Work life balance depends on your position and manager, advancement is possible, but depends on support received. Ever changing, so you always have to be ready and willing to jump in and help out - great learning opportunity.

Everyone is NOT treated the same.

Major issues within certain depts. They have huge growing issues which they need to start learning from. Most people there are nice, a few to watch out for, as in any company.

Great core team

The people I worked with on my team were wonderful, smart, and innovative people. I really enjoyed my time there with them. Unfortunately, we had a change in management and I decided to leave for other opportunities.

Pros

Great culture

Mutual dislike

Waiting for the other shoe to drop. NO help with a large city tax wage or public transportation. I had no confidence in management they had no appreciation for my work only criticized my work and very publically

Leadership is paper-thin

Jazz is so poor at leadership development and employee recognition that it has taken to hiring outside for key leadership jobs that internal employees are far more qualified for. Sometime in the very near future the company will reach a tipping point where the talent will leave and Jazz will be a team of incompetent leaders supported by clueless new hires doing the actual work. It’s not a sustainable model

Good work environment and some of the best co workers and some of the of the best upper mgmt. that I have ever worked for.

Jazz has been a good company overall with great benefits and great people. A typical day at work is always busy but productive.I learned a lot involving time management and effective routing due to having one of the largest territories in our region.I learned how to manage my time during the day more efficiently.The workplace culture was really good over the first eight years of my tenure but as more people were hired from outside our company you could see the culture changing somewhat but still able to maintain most of the culture that attracted employees to Jazz. I worked with some of the best employees at Jazz that I have ever worked with and will continue to consider them friends and coworkers.I was fortunate to sell several great products during my time at Jazz. The most enjoyable part of the job was the comraderie with the other Jazz reps that I worked with.

Good place to work.

Jazz is a good place to work and I would recommend this company to prospective employees. There are some changes that are happening, but that is to be expected with expansion.

Great Culture

Jazz is a growing biotech that is positioning itself as a key player in the rare disease space. The organization employs a flexible work arrangement that allows employees to work anywhere between 1-5 days remotely. It's a great place to work and boasts a very collaborative work environment. Key to any employees success is learning to navigate the office politics among mid-level leadership. However, the top-level executives have done much to deter its prevalence.

Pros

Great culture, flexible work arrangement, great pay

Cons

People afraid to 'rock the boat' within the R&D organization.

Jazz Field Rep

Highly ethical company with a commitment to employee growth. High concern for patients and healthcare practitioners. Favoritism can be a problem at times.

Pros

Great company culture

Cons

Favoritism

Great culture, helping patients

Mid-size pharma company that is true to following its mission to help patients with medical needs. Specialty areas of focus mainly around Sleep and Hem/Onc therapeutic areas.

Pros

Cons

Growing pains

Not a bad place to work

Okay place to work. Free snacks/drinks provided in the kitchen, as well as catered lunches very often (meetings/trainings). Easy to work with the staff.

Good pay and benefits

A lot of nice people. A little too much group think on occasion. Lots of senior management turnover is a concern. Overall committed to doing good things to help patients.

Great Culture

Working at Jazz Pharmaceuticals was the highlight of my career. Jazz has an outstanding culture of collaboration and innovation that starts with the CEO and is encouraged throughout the organization.

Pros

Culture, collaboration, innovation

Cons

Newer Head of Commercial is has micro-management style

Productive and fun environment.

it was good working with them. it was friendly environment. coworkers helped so much. and learned a lot from the new experience.it is nice to work in a fast pace.

Pros

friendly environment

Cons

short breaks

The people are wonderful

The people and overall culture at Jazz is wonderful. Work life balance is no-existent though and upper management does not prioritize projects well. Once you start you are overworked from day one. The company does amazing things for patients, but they need to do more for their employees, the employees who are not a VP or above.

good pay

they had great meetings with all the bells and whistles. The training was good and the culture was good. There were some very arrogant salesman but it had to do with pay

small mentality trying become big too soon..

Tone from the top needs improvement as there is a disconnect between what they say they want to do and what they actually do. Walk the talk! The UK site wants control as they are worried about what is to come as a result of BREXIT - company should get out of Oxford and just go to Dublin for all of your company activities.

Excellent company to work for with great people!

The company sold off our Women's Health Division and so I was there for less than 10 months. Great people and very motivating work. Management was great! Good working team of people.

Pros

Great people!

Cons

company sold off the women's health business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jazz Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Jazz Pharmaceuticals with

Learn about Jazz Pharmaceuticals in popular locations

Jazz Pharmaceuticals reviews by popular job title

• Jazz Pharmaceuticals