JBG SMITH Employee Reviews in Chevy Chase, MD

Fast paced and high stress
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMarch 9, 2018
- Remnants of old company culture completely gone upon merger.
- Transition due to merger is still underway, outcome is uncertain
- Good benefits but high stress and uncertain job security
- Many in management out of touch with lower level staff
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
High stress, culture has become elitist
JBG Smith is a company tht is going places
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 4, 2018
As a whole JBG Smith is a great company that is employee oriented and effectively managed. JBG Smith has afforded me opportunites over years to gain experiences to help me further my carreer in property management.

JBG Smith prides itself on a teachable environment and encourages promotion within the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Small staff
Jbg smith
Senior Vice President, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDOctober 11, 2017
A great, but competitive place to work. The culture is a collaborative one and the overall environment encourages people to add value and make a difference.
Productive and challenging
Hardest: Matching budgets with wants
Enjoyable: Helping with home
Workplace Curlture
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMarch 3, 2017
JBG prides its self on creating a comfortable, enjoyable and fun working environment. It's great to work with people that become your friends. A great perk are the planned events, baseball games, happy hours and family picnics.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Merger with Vornado
Great Place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 7, 2016
JBG has a very tight knit family like atmosphere. I have learned a lot while working here and JBG is always there to assist whenever needed.
What an amazing company!!!!
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDApril 6, 2015
The cutlture, creativity, growth from within, room to be you, commitment to their people, on and on...makes The JBG Companies the company out there to work for. They are simply amazing, stellar and exceptional in every way. Relocation from the area pulled me from them, but if the opportunity ever arose, I would want to go right back.

Keep it up JBG! You are doing it right!
Lots of moving parts
Residential Property Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase MDFebruary 5, 2015
My days for the most part are busy. I know the tasks I must do and get them done with no problems. As a business the company works very well together. The hard part is when all of the moving pieces within my own team do not work out. There are communication issues, breakdowns in authority and the general thought that I am there to clean up the mess.

I am very good at what I do and that's what makes it worthwhile. My work is for the most part recognized positively and I am fine with construction criticism
Pros
free breakfast and stocked fridges with beverages
Cons
inter team workings
Fantastic Firm!
Mixed Use Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDOctober 10, 2014
JBG is a fantastic firm. Great culture, intelligent people, interesting project, and the opportunity to be at the forefront of D.C. ever changing landscape.
Pros
Interesting projects, dedicated to the community, endless supply of free peanut butter, fruit delivery
Cons
The operations and onboarding process need to be restructured. Policies are not often conveyed.
Conservative environment
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJune 13, 2013
Daily review of backups and worked on any issues, checked on all servers for any issues, maintained phone system and resolved issues at any of the sites, trained helpdesk and users on areas they needed assistance with. Direct contact for outside vendors who were on call to help maintain systems. Consistently worked on providing and encouraging communication among technical staff, outside vendors, and user community.
I learned more in depth skills with regards to our Cisco environment including CUCM, Unity connection, Presence and Meeting Place Express.
Worked on managing projects and seeing them thru their lifespan.
Difficult to get technical staff to communicate issues or ideas or changes that each individual would be working on.
Enjoyed learning about cisco technology and working with the legal team on requests they needed for eDiscovery and being a liason to outside counsel.
Pros
Breakfast and drinks always provided, holiday celebrations, gifts at the holidays
Cons
Not being compensated for working overtime, frequent discovery of new communication methods with managers
Fun company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDAugust 23, 2012
Great company to work.

Gained good knowledge on what to look for when renting.
Pros
great place to meet and network with people.
Cons
need to be a high producer.