JBG SMITH Employee Reviews

Jbg smith
Senior Vice President, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDOctober 11, 2017
A great, but competitive place to work. The culture is a collaborative one and the overall environment encourages people to add value and make a difference.
Productive and fun
LEAD CONCIERGE (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 10, 2017
Great place company to work for, treats you with the upmost respect. Great pay and wonderful staff, the work envirnment is also wonderful. i couldnt ask for a better job
Nice Comapny
Resident Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 14, 2017
Great company to work for with opportunites to advance. Fun job and great co-workers. Company likes to give back to the community which was really a plus for me!
Great Benefits
MARKETING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 24, 2017
A typical day here would consist of collaborating with colleagues on projects. The hardest part of the job was resisting the free bagels every day and working in cubicles, noisy. This company had the best benefits. Thoughtful of the communities surrounding their properties.
Pros
Lots of holidays
Cons
Structure
Productive and challenging
Hardest: Matching budgets with wants
Enjoyable: Helping with home
Good Company
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2017
JBG is a great place to work. The people are caring and the company believes in putting its employees first. Higher ranking positions do not have much support.
Great Place
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 3, 2017
JBG was a great opportunity! The leadership is easy to approach and they do a very good job with making sure there staff is balanced with the tools and resources that they need to be successful.
Pros
Great Place to Work!
Cons
Unfair treatment to certain employees
jbg
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 10, 2017
JGB companies reward and compensate their employees commensurate for their work. It is definitely a company that supports upward mobility. I enjoyed my time at JBG.
Love it here
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 11, 2017
Company is amazing with great people, great culture, and amazing employee relations. The hardest part is that there is always so much going on, but that's not always a bad thing. I love working here!
Workplace Curlture
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMarch 3, 2017
JBG prides its self on creating a comfortable, enjoyable and fun working environment. It's great to work with people that become your friends. A great perk are the planned events, baseball games, happy hours and family picnics.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Merger with Vornado
Great place to start my career.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 23, 2017
A great company with a good management
team.

Your success is everyone's success.

I learned Yardi Systems.

The most enjoyable part of my job is finding solutions to prospective clients and their families.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with issues once the client moves into the property.
Pros
Great training program. Good benefit package.
Cons
No complaints about this company.
not fun
Resident Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 30, 2017
I don't have much to say about the company, all I can say is that they had a manager that harassed me so much and one ever cared for much others say but I made it and worked there for 5 years
great company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 9, 2016
Management was great. The property manager exceeded my expectation and provided me with the experience to excell in this industry. Co-Workers were great; my office consisted of 3 different cultures that worked well together, as well as learned from one another.
Pros
Great community
Cons
Rush hour traffic to work
could be better
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22209June 30, 2016
The overall company as a whole is wonderful but the internal sites could be managed better. There is a huge gap when it comes to communication, and no one is really listening to feedback that could be used to better the system thats already in place.
Cons
No lunch break
Great Place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 7, 2016
JBG has a very tight knit family like atmosphere. I have learned a lot while working here and JBG is always there to assist whenever needed.
A overall great culture of community.
Assistant Property Manager - 284 Units (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDMay 28, 2015
Has a fun and energetic work environment where the team always supports each other when completing tasks.Upper management takes the time to get to know the on-site employees and each employee if given an opportunity to shine.
A Great Company.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Alexandria VaMay 25, 2015
I worked for JBG for 1year , JGB is one of the best company I ever worked for an not to many companies can come close.JBG trains their employees with a lot of training classes pay is Great an the way employees are treated like human and shown appreciation for the job you do.
JBG is one of the Best places to work for That other company Buzzuto is a far second can't touch JBG 4real.
Pros
TRAINING LUNCHES an they really care about their employees
Cons
Under staff
What an amazing company!!!!
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDApril 6, 2015
The cutlture, creativity, growth from within, room to be you, commitment to their people, on and on...makes The JBG Companies the company out there to work for. They are simply amazing, stellar and exceptional in every way. Relocation from the area pulled me from them, but if the opportunity ever arose, I would want to go right back.

Keep it up JBG! You are doing it right!
Lots of moving parts
Residential Property Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase MDFebruary 5, 2015
My days for the most part are busy. I know the tasks I must do and get them done with no problems. As a business the company works very well together. The hard part is when all of the moving pieces within my own team do not work out. There are communication issues, breakdowns in authority and the general thought that I am there to clean up the mess.

I am very good at what I do and that's what makes it worthwhile. My work is for the most part recognized positively and I am fine with construction criticism
Pros
free breakfast and stocked fridges with beverages
Cons
inter team workings
Fantastic Firm!
Mixed Use Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDOctober 10, 2014
JBG is a fantastic firm. Great culture, intelligent people, interesting project, and the opportunity to be at the forefront of D.C. ever changing landscape.
Pros
Interesting projects, dedicated to the community, endless supply of free peanut butter, fruit delivery
Cons
The operations and onboarding process need to be restructured. Policies are not often conveyed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JBG SMITH. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight