JBT Employee Reviews

Great work experence.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 14, 2018
Fast pace, learned a lot from this job , working with different tools, painting masking measuring working on harnesses. Reading blueprints, pallet jacket.
it was a job
Maintenance Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  rduSeptember 5, 2018
paid the bills- just a job-I was out of work for over one year. a new job was exciting. call JBT and ask them about me. I wish I could still be working there.
Challenging Managerial Environment
Sr Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2018
Fast growing company with very diversified portfolio PHL site under new contract with a large union workforce supporting a consortium of airlines in maintaining passenger boarding bridges and baggage handling systems 24/7.
Pros
Different challenges each day, Outstanding supervisory team, High (union driven) compensation results in very little, if any turnover, Seasoned, professional senior mechanics who take pride in their profession.
Cons
Work/life balance non-existent, Accountability within union environment extremely difficult, Ungrateful primary customer, who employs some directors/managers who are unprofessional and lack integrity, “Customer is always right" has its limits
Work at JBT
IT Desktop Support Specialist/Temp (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAAugust 7, 2018
I really like the work condition at JBT, they treated employees fair and nice. The only reason I left JBT is that I completed my Temp. Contract. If I there's a open position, I would like to apply for it.
Pros
Work condition's great
Cons
I don't have any negative things to say about JBT
great
Welder step 7 (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 5, 2018
management was great an friendly people that worked there were great to work with they have changed jetway completely an it is a newer an safer place to work
Pros
working 7 days a week
Cons
putting in for vacation
Poor Management
Facilities Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 23, 2018
No support or direction from management or Lead team. Promises are not kept, the workplace environment is stressful and very cutthroat. No paid holidays medical premiums are very high. If it wasn't for all of the shenanigans this would be a nice place to work
Pros
nothing good to say
Cons
poor management and leadership
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston TxJuly 2, 2018
12 hour shifts with 1 hour break sometimes they had mandatory overtime on peak times, holidays is not an option to be off.
No air conditioning at all and during the days would be so hot !!!!
Pros
Free Lunches on Saturdays in the summer, cool pops
Cons
healthcare was too expensive
Fun work place
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 27, 2018
Not a bad place to work, supportive direct manager and creative environment. Allows for personal growth and invention. Can lack some support in areas but very supportive in others.
bad management and not allowed input, do as we say attitude
Conveyor Belt Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2018
Poor management, they have differrent standards for their employees, the ones that are not accountable[ from nepotism] and others that are accountable, not fair to those who constantly having to prove themselves.
Pros
Cons
management and employee turover constantly, extremely dangerous and toxic invironment to place to work, where no one practices safetety procedures
Great Oppourtunity
MRT1- Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2018
Great place to start if you are mechanically or electrically inclined. Job atmosphere is great. You can really excel if you are self motivated.
Lenient on OT able to work.
Pros
semi relaxed atmosphere
Cons
12 hour shifts and uncomfortable areas to work.
10 worst companies to work for
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
management is everything when it comes to the workplace. they can make it a great place to work,... or they can make it a horrifying nightmare!

JBT management is definitely the 'latter'
Pros
ZERO pros (unless you like working around big airplanes)
Cons
management from top to bottom! Safety rep is a complete fraud
alot of hours, poor morale, working in the ac
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2018
Half awsome half sucks. Great company but miserable management. The place gives you the tools to do your job but your going to do repeat work same thing over and over. You would think working in the ac in florida everyone would be happy but the politics and almost like they want robots so not many days off or you probably wont have a job for much longer if you miss to many days. Golden hand cuffs lol. If you can get hired on key word IF its great benefits, great company in general, but it seems like everybody is miserable and they buy everything you need its a weird balance. Not for some people. You have all the hours you need if you can deal with the politics. It makes you soft in my opinion. I have adhd so doing the same thing over and over im not happy. If you dont mind the repeat work and politics its a great place to work. LIVE to work Not WORK to live here. 6 days a week sometimes 7 if your hungry then try and get in there nes global will get you in.
Pros
Plenty of hours, buy your tools, ac, steady paced, great for certain people
Cons
Hard to get hired on/contract, and they want drones not humans
Daily Routine
ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
I have enjoyed my time with JBT , We started retrofitting existing lighting to LED technology , the work is challenging in itself . I was involved with ordering spare parts and Light fixtures . I really liked schedule with 3 1/2 work week . My co-workers were involved and we accomplished some pretty complex projects . I've met people from all around the country and different every day . . We are a sub-contractor for United Airlines , they dictate work assignments and daily work orders . I pretty much maintained Ramp level lighting, troubleshoot calls and requested work orders . Their is a high turnaround and there are new faces daily. I work as Facility maintenance and enjoy my work .I'm going on three years and pretty much this is it , get your task accomplished and go home. This is not a job where you have advancement oppurtunities .
Pros
excellent work schedule 3 1/2 days
Cons
my shift starts on Sunday and work some Holidays
The environment
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden UtahFebruary 20, 2018
The people you work around a very friendly you got a good team the managers are good the lead men are very good they like to communicate with their workers
Pros
Cookouts
Cons
Health insurance
Avoid this place!
Work Order Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Very disorganized, management is non-existent and you can tell the other employees hate their jobs. Top these things with low starting pay and it can lead to low employee morale. You can tell this location was a revolving door, older employees weren't open to new changes, lack of communication. The onboarding process was horrible, insurance is very pricey... just not worth it.
Relaxed Environment
Janitorial Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAFebruary 6, 2018
It was a job where I took out all the trash in all building and had to clean restrooms as well. I also had vacuum rooms if needed. This was my first job.
Jbt
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32809January 29, 2018
this place was a great place to work for they provided all you equipment and made sure that all your needs where met and if needed they would go out of their way to make things happen.
Not a bad place to work if you dont mind travel
Service Technician/Lease Manager (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I actually enjoyed my time with this company and I learned a lot. They take pretty good care of their employees but they expect them to work a lot of hours at locations all over the globe. You can sometimes be away from home for two months at a time or more.
Foodtech JBT Summary
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 2, 2018
While working at the Sandusky location, I met several of the people who were full time employees.The people were polite and worked well together. The environment was one that encouraged relaxation and hard work. Overall, a great place.
Great place!
Lead Manufacturing/Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Madera, CADecember 18, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly people and competitive wages. Willing to train on new aspects of employment and diverse work. Sometimes I would travel within the state and have also been out of the country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JBT. Our community is ready to answer.