JBT Employee Reviews

Legalized Slavery
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2019
This company is so disgusting to work for, uneducated and dishonest management. The Human Resources is non-functional at best unless, you are management. They pay below average and doctor numbers to show proof. This is one of the worst companies I have worked for in my life. The disorganization is ridiculous, the current management at IAH is overwhelmed and lack the knowledge needed to do their jobs. United Airlines needs to eliminate this company before JBT causes an issue that gives United an even worse reputation.
Pros
Cons
HR has no integrity, management absolutely horrid
Poor management
General Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2019
Their airport contract is poorly managed, management has no idea who does the bulk of the work, they underbid the contract can barely afford parts could barely pay people on time every time the system went down they take forever to order the parts, poorly managed
Lack of knowledge and favoritism being roled
MRT 1 (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2019
This company really doesn’t give you a chance for growth. I feel that management needs more training. We should get pay raises every 6months - 1year. They should even give us evaluations every year haven’t revived one in about 4 years of my 6 years being with the company.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Pay isn’t good for someone with a family
Good place
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 11, 2019
JBT is a good place. Lots of people working lots of hours... but overall it pays well. There are a lot of good team members and the management team is friendly
Great culture
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96817February 7, 2019
Many opportunities for growth. Learn new things everyday. Work as a team, Work environment is great, work together if you dont know something it is okay we learned things together and its a win win situation when working with fellow workers at the Oahu JBT services.
Was ok . But now going downhill
Senior Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 27, 2019
Job was great. Problem is now management. There is no trust in management anymore. If only they would listen to the guys on the front line, they would find out the real truth about what goes on. I've had a manager who has consistently lied to staff on many subjects, he has pretended to care about contracts, but at my operation (which was small) he didnt have a badge for two years, .that's how much he cared.
Upper management really need to see who they pick for site managers. In California there have been some very poor choices going on for the past 5 years.
Pros
Enjoyable work, varied, some great people to work with
Cons
Bad site managers, lots of hypocrisy, and favoritism
Work Position
Work Order Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2019
Depending on the position you get hired for will either help you with promoting or be at a stand still. If you get hired as a Jammer you will have the opportunity to promote. If you're hired as an office admin, promotions do not exist.
Pros
good pay
Cons
high cost of health insurance for families
Great Pay is the only pro
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 27, 2018
Very diverse company with great pay. Management needs a revamp. Some of the planning for the future isn't accurate. Very little, if any, communication within departments.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management/hours/expectations
Loved jbt aerotech
Crane Operator, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 18, 2018
I use to love working there i want to work there again. The reason i havent worked there again is because they are rarely hiring. The people that work there already stay there permanently which i was trying to donthe same but i got laid-off.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2018
Good place to work for it. Very physical job. hands on. fast paced. Good supervisor that listen and comprehend . Pay could be better but for beginner is ok.

Want to know more about JBT?

Ask a question
Don't waste your time
Manager - AOA (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx.November 4, 2018
This is a very bad company to work for. The site director only cares about you when you can make him look good. He is very cut-throat and has very poor managing skills.

The upper management is only concerned about pleasing the customer so they can keep the contract.

The site director goes behind his manager's backs to talk to hourly employees to scheme against a manager if he is scared of them taking his job or if he needs a scapegoat.

Safety is non-existent! Too many people getting seriously injured and the site director and upper management really not trying to correct the issues.
Pros
Cons
Very bad management
A great company to work for
Maintenance Technician MRT II- MIA (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2018
By nature the work environment is a fast paced always on culture. Between operation and proactive maintenance that is solely focused on customer satisfaction, JBT is company that excels in all facets of the luggage conveyor delivery system. Management is always creating an atmosphere of growth and providing opportunities to be an asset to other airport and terminal partners. The work personnel is a group of talented individuals always thinking of team first.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No Paid vacation and expensive medical plans
Down Down - former employee
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 29, 2018
It used to be a great place to work...for the past 5 years it has gone down hill. Management has no training, growth is only attained by moving in the same circle as management. It's no longer about your knowledge or experience. Forget about job security, that is a thing of the past. Employees are on their own, HR is only present for their managers.. not the employees.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours, difficult to grow, fear, job insecurity, low morale
Great place to work at.
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 28, 2018
I liked the hours and liked the people I worked with very good people easy going and the job was very productive every day was never a dull moment hardest part of the job is getting parts on time.
Pros
uniform
Look elsewhere
Worker Bee (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 17, 2018
JBT Lakeland hasn't hit rock bottom yet but they are digging as fast as they can.
In all my years I have never seen the attrition so high. Good people move on to better companies. If they don't move on JBT will get rid of them for dubious reasons. Seems to be trend that the older you are the more likely you are to bet let go. It doesn't matter how talented and hard working you are. Almost know one over the age of sixty is left. They think they are saving money but what they are doing is creating an environment of unhappy employees that is not sustainable and will ultimately cost much more.
To make matters worse, the management team is never called to answer for attrition, low morale, questionable quality and the inherent losses of productivity. in the event that they might, they have a tried and true record of blaming the rank and file employees.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Poor management.
Great work experence.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 14, 2018
Fast pace, learned a lot from this job , working with different tools, painting masking measuring working on harnesses. Reading blueprints, pallet jacket.
it was a job
Maintenance Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  rduSeptember 5, 2018
paid the bills- just a job-I was out of work for over one year. a new job was exciting. call JBT and ask them about me. I wish I could still be working there.
Challenging Managerial Environment
Sr Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2018
Fast growing company with very diversified portfolio PHL site under new contract with a large union workforce supporting a consortium of airlines in maintaining passenger boarding bridges and baggage handling systems 24/7.
Pros
Different challenges each day, Outstanding supervisory team, High (union driven) compensation results in very little, if any turnover, Seasoned, professional senior mechanics who take pride in their profession.
Cons
Work/life balance non-existent, Accountability within union environment extremely difficult, Ungrateful primary customer, who employs some directors/managers who are unprofessional and lack integrity, “Customer is always right" has its limits
Work at JBT
IT Desktop Support Specialist/Temp (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAAugust 7, 2018
I really like the work condition at JBT, they treated employees fair and nice. The only reason I left JBT is that I completed my Temp. Contract. If I there's a open position, I would like to apply for it.
Pros
Work condition's great
Cons
I don't have any negative things to say about JBT
great
Welder step 7 (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 5, 2018
management was great an friendly people that worked there were great to work with they have changed jetway completely an it is a newer an safer place to work
Pros
working 7 days a week
Cons
putting in for vacation