JBT Employee Reviews

Painter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2018
Good place to work for it. Very physical job. hands on. fast paced. Good supervisor that listen and comprehend . Pay could be better but for beginner is ok.
Don't waste your time
Manager - AOA (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx.November 4, 2018
This is a very bad company to work for. The site director only cares about you when you can make him look good. He is very cut-throat and has very poor managing skills.

The upper management is only concerned about pleasing the customer so they can keep the contract.

The site director goes behind his manager's backs to talk to hourly employees to scheme against a manager if he is scared of them taking his job or if he needs a scapegoat.

Safety is non-existent! Too many people getting seriously injured and the site director and upper management really not trying to correct the issues.
Pros
Cons
Very bad management
A great company to work for
Maintenance Technician MRT II- MIA (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2018
By nature the work environment is a fast paced always on culture. Between operation and proactive maintenance that is solely focused on customer satisfaction, JBT is company that excels in all facets of the luggage conveyor delivery system. Management is always creating an atmosphere of growth and providing opportunities to be an asset to other airport and terminal partners. The work personnel is a group of talented individuals always thinking of team first.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No Paid vacation and expensive medical plans
Down Down - former employee
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 29, 2018
It used to be a great place to work...for the past 5 years it has gone down hill. Management has no training, growth is only attained by moving in the same circle as management. It's no longer about your knowledge or experience. Forget about job security, that is a thing of the past. Employees are on their own, HR is only present for their managers.. not the employees.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours, difficult to grow, fear, job insecurity, low morale
Great place to work at.
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 28, 2018
I liked the hours and liked the people I worked with very good people easy going and the job was very productive every day was never a dull moment hardest part of the job is getting parts on time.
Pros
uniform
Look elsewhere
Worker Bee (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 17, 2018
JBT Lakeland hasn't hit rock bottom yet but they are digging as fast as they can.
In all my years I have never seen the attrition so high. Good people move on to better companies. If they don't move on JBT will get rid of them for dubious reasons. Seems to be trend that the older you are the more likely you are to bet let go. It doesn't matter how talented and hard working you are. Almost know one over the age of sixty is left. They think they are saving money but what they are doing is creating an environment of unhappy employees that is not sustainable and will ultimately cost much more.
To make matters worse, the management team is never called to answer for attrition, low morale, questionable quality and the inherent losses of productivity. in the event that they might, they have a tried and true record of blaming the rank and file employees.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Poor management.
Great work experence.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 14, 2018
Fast pace, learned a lot from this job , working with different tools, painting masking measuring working on harnesses. Reading blueprints, pallet jacket.
it was a job
Maintenance Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  rduSeptember 5, 2018
paid the bills- just a job-I was out of work for over one year. a new job was exciting. call JBT and ask them about me. I wish I could still be working there.
Challenging Managerial Environment
Sr Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2018
Fast growing company with very diversified portfolio PHL site under new contract with a large union workforce supporting a consortium of airlines in maintaining passenger boarding bridges and baggage handling systems 24/7.
Pros
Different challenges each day, Outstanding supervisory team, High (union driven) compensation results in very little, if any turnover, Seasoned, professional senior mechanics who take pride in their profession.
Cons
Work/life balance non-existent, Accountability within union environment extremely difficult, Ungrateful primary customer, who employs some directors/managers who are unprofessional and lack integrity, “Customer is always right" has its limits
Work at JBT
IT Desktop Support Specialist/Temp (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAAugust 7, 2018
I really like the work condition at JBT, they treated employees fair and nice. The only reason I left JBT is that I completed my Temp. Contract. If I there's a open position, I would like to apply for it.
Pros
Work condition's great
Cons
I don't have any negative things to say about JBT
great
Welder step 7 (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 5, 2018
management was great an friendly people that worked there were great to work with they have changed jetway completely an it is a newer an safer place to work
Pros
working 7 days a week
Cons
putting in for vacation
Poor Management
Facilities Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 23, 2018
No support or direction from management or Lead team. Promises are not kept, the workplace environment is stressful and very cutthroat. No paid holidays medical premiums are very high. If it wasn't for all of the shenanigans this would be a nice place to work
Pros
nothing good to say
Cons
poor management and leadership
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston TxJuly 2, 2018
12 hour shifts with 1 hour break sometimes they had mandatory overtime on peak times, holidays is not an option to be off.
No air conditioning at all and during the days would be so hot !!!!
Pros
Free Lunches on Saturdays in the summer, cool pops
Cons
healthcare was too expensive
Fun work place
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 27, 2018
Not a bad place to work, supportive direct manager and creative environment. Allows for personal growth and invention. Can lack some support in areas but very supportive in others.
bad management and not allowed input, do as we say attitude
Conveyor Belt Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2018
Poor management, they have differrent standards for their employees, the ones that are not accountable[ from nepotism] and others that are accountable, not fair to those who constantly having to prove themselves.
Pros
Cons
management and employee turover constantly, extremely dangerous and toxic invironment to place to work, where no one practices safetety procedures
Great Oppourtunity
MRT1- Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2018
Great place to start if you are mechanically or electrically inclined. Job atmosphere is great. You can really excel if you are self motivated.
Lenient on OT able to work.
Pros
semi relaxed atmosphere
Cons
12 hour shifts and uncomfortable areas to work.
10 worst companies to work for
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
management is everything when it comes to the workplace. they can make it a great place to work,... or they can make it a horrifying nightmare!

JBT management is definitely the 'latter'
Pros
ZERO pros (unless you like working around big airplanes)
Cons
management from top to bottom! Safety rep is a complete fraud
alot of hours, poor morale, working in the ac
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2018
Half awsome half sucks. Great company but miserable management. The place gives you the tools to do your job but your going to do repeat work same thing over and over. You would think working in the ac in florida everyone would be happy but the politics and almost like they want robots so not many days off or you probably wont have a job for much longer if you miss to many days. Golden hand cuffs lol. If you can get hired on key word IF its great benefits, great company in general, but it seems like everybody is miserable and they buy everything you need its a weird balance. Not for some people. You have all the hours you need if you can deal with the politics. It makes you soft in my opinion. I have adhd so doing the same thing over and over im not happy. If you dont mind the repeat work and politics its a great place to work. LIVE to work Not WORK to live here. 6 days a week sometimes 7 if your hungry then try and get in there nes global will get you in.
Pros
Plenty of hours, buy your tools, ac, steady paced, great for certain people
Cons
Hard to get hired on/contract, and they want drones not humans
Daily Routine
ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
I have enjoyed my time with JBT , We started retrofitting existing lighting to LED technology , the work is challenging in itself . I was involved with ordering spare parts and Light fixtures . I really liked schedule with 3 1/2 work week . My co-workers were involved and we accomplished some pretty complex projects . I've met people from all around the country and different every day . . We are a sub-contractor for United Airlines , they dictate work assignments and daily work orders . I pretty much maintained Ramp level lighting, troubleshoot calls and requested work orders . Their is a high turnaround and there are new faces daily. I work as Facility maintenance and enjoy my work .I'm going on three years and pretty much this is it , get your task accomplished and go home. This is not a job where you have advancement oppurtunities .
Pros
excellent work schedule 3 1/2 days
Cons
my shift starts on Sunday and work some Holidays
The environment
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden UtahFebruary 20, 2018
The people you work around a very friendly you got a good team the managers are good the lead men are very good they like to communicate with their workers
Pros
Cookouts
Cons
Health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JBT. Our community is ready to answer.