Our store provides meals on certain days: Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas. The store manager also does some on his own throughout the year. There are enough leftovers for a couple of days. For example, at Thanksgiving/Black Friday we had: cereal, milk, fruit, pizza/salad, turkey, gravy, rolls, stuffing, pies, and other side dishes brought by staff. The comraderie at our store is pretty good, and management values our hard work. If you are in a store that has negative, complaining staff, it brings everyone down, and creates a negative environment for customers. Ergo, poor sales!
When I worked at the warehouse we had it almost every Friday. The warehouse manager even made moose meatballs from his hunt every year. The best.
Free 30 minutes to eat your own lunch brought from home.
I don't know of any job that offer free lunch. So no
Oh no. You better clock in and out or LP will be on you
All activities including free lunches are based on if the store meets the monthly credit goal set by Synchrony bank. Synchrony pays the store if credit goal is made. On top of that, its managements decision on what to use the money for. Whether that be for a pizza party or treats.
They will occasionally have some sort of potluck or a free lunch on a holiday, but you usually have to provide your own lunch. There is a vending machine in the breakroom.
Christmas holiday season they offer lunch
The company gives a small budget to each store for Thanksgiving/ Black Friday. That being said stores also get funds in their activities account if they make monthly ICAP goals, sales contests, and a few other things through out the year. They can use the activity funds however the store manager sees fit, the store I worked at liked to spend the money on food for workers on all the holidays. It was one thing that the mix of mature and younger workers all seemed to enjoy, and bring up the morale.
- Why did you leave your job at JCPenney?139 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make JCPenney a better place to work?60 people answered
- Do they offer an employee discount?53 people answered
- What is the interview process like at JCPenney?38 people answered
- What is the best part of working at JCPenney?37 people answered
- What department is often the most needed?33 people answered
- What would you suggest JCPenney management do to prevent others from leaving?29 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of JCPenney about how to improve it?28 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at JCPenney?26 people answered
- Do employees have to work weekends?22 people answered