JCPenney Employee Reviews

11.1K
Found 17,540 reviews matching the search See all 17,596 reviews
Unrealistic expectations
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 21, 2018
High stress. Expect you to pull off the impossible with no support or resources. Uncertainty of the company is unnerving. Upper management has zero relevance in the salon industry, and don't want to really hear the feedback of the experts.
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Lack of recognition, lack of support and resources, bad management, high turnover
Great place to learn
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 21, 2018
Learned a lot about how to run in the retail business and how to develop new skills and multitask to maximize the value of the customers' time and money.
JCPenney is a fun place to work at
Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 20, 2018
JCP is a great place to work at if you are just starting in the work environment as well as great people and experiences. We believe that all the associates should get recognized for their great work.
Too many changes
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 20, 2018
Too many changes are being made that do not work for small stores. It makes the existing employees jobs harder and there is no compensation. This company preaches about the customer and front line employee comes first but thats a big lie.
JC Penny is an excellent company has provided great status and stability.
Cosmetology-Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2018
I have been with this company for several years. It has excellent customer service and provide benefits to suit employees needs. This is a company who has many growth through out the company. This company is establish through out the US and employ many employees with benefits. I appreciate this company because of the growth. Employee and employment enhancement through a variety of educational programs. Customer service is a major priority. Customer Service is number on the chart. This company believe in giving their customer quality service from day to day. I feel very privileged to work for this company. My experience has grown in cosmetology service. I am ready to teach others to become excellent students in the beauty world and becoming excellent customer service enhancing and motivating others. This company has been one of my biggest motivator in the work field, this company is recommendable.
Pros
Excellent customer service.
Cons
lLimited to certain jobs skills
jcpenney
Customer service/sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 20, 2018
Loved working there before the old manager left. The new manager chose favorites and was not easy to talk to. Great company, good pay, fun work environment.
Ok
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 20, 2018
Great place if they would be able to grt managment on the same page employees are i enjoyed working there was a great place im not so sure now havent beem there in years
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard work
Energetic, fun, friendly.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYJuly 20, 2018
I love interacting with the customers, helping with their questions and needs about a product. It was a bright, fun environment which I enjoyed along side other workers and customers.
Fun to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 20, 2018
Helping customers Making sure that they had all the helped they need. Christmas time is the best time to work there. You get to wear fun shirts and get meals
Great
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 20, 2018
A great place to work. The managers are so nice but the job advancement and potential for making more money in increments of 6 months at a time are not there. I need more money.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Not enough break time
Great company to work for with the right management
Operation Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 20, 2018
You will find good and bad in companies procedures when you are trying to go with the flow of all the new trend especially when you are working retail.
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Not enough people to work with
Dirty store not sanitary
Visual merchandising (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2018
This store is a poor environment to work. You must be young a student and needing part time hour only.
This store is not for a head of household that need to provide for a family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Dirty enviroment very low pay job.
Fun place to work with great people
Retail (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 19, 2018
My experience at JCP has been a good one but the big reason i am leaving is because of pay reasons and my degree. I am wanting to get a job to fit my studies.
Pros
PTO after working for years
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits until youve been there for at least three years if im not mistaken
Good place
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2018
I worked there while going to school. They were always helpful when I needed off for school things. They helped me to be able to work and go to school at the same time.
Awesome place to work
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 19, 2018
I loved my job at JCPenney. If our store had not closed I would still be with the company. I had great general managers and my salon staff was the best.
Happy and easy going work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 19, 2018
When merchandise would come in I would place it on the sales floor, and organize by size, color, and style. JCP was very educational for me as I learned how to size customers and mark items if they needed alterations. My first 13 years with JCP was spent at the Benton Harbor, MI store, which was quite small and co-workers were close knit. The year I spend at the Mishawaka, IN store was a great experience as I was able to spend more time in the clothing area, as opposed to spending lots of time at the cash register while at the Benton Harbor store. Because Mishawaka employed nearly 100 employees I never did get to know names of some of the staff. During my nearly 15 years at JCP it was very enjoyable to interact with the guests.
Pros
Being able to make guest have a pleasant experience
Cons
Part time health insurance was eliminated when Affordable Ins Act started.
Started as a decent job and things changed
Shoe Expert (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2018
I was really enjoying working for the company in the commissioned shoe sales department. I was making decent money, had a costumer base and took care of one the "store in stores." They changed CEO, I went to no commission, still made good money, but they pushed the credit cards hard and I didn't really vibe with that. I valued actual moving of product.
JC Penney
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2018
This was a good company to work for. The management was great and willing to work with you. Holiday hours were crazy, but I loved it at the time. Benefits were good.
Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
Working here was all work no play. Work one stop and would have to return 2 minutes later and repeat. Constantly picking up clothes and folding. Helping customers find where they need to go.
Sales Associates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2018
Overall the company is not bad, Just the management needs a lot of communication and needs to be on task. Due to issues from time to time, managers doesn't help much when their employees are going through difficult.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

47%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss