JCPenney Employee Reviews

Good
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 24, 2018
It was a fun experience, Loved the people and the job, it was fun going in everyday i got to experience different type of people everyday, there wasn't a day were there was a little excitement.
Competitive yet relaxed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bend, ORApril 24, 2018
Hardest part of the job had to be making the credit "goals" as the store located here was placed off of the main road so our customers tended to be repeat customers, whom already had credit lines open with the company.
pro
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAApril 24, 2018
I would come into work, have meetings, prepare what I needed for the day. Sometimes there was more to do then there is time. The company expects so much with little to no help at all and giving each store little hour for associates.
Pros
discount
Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  arlington expresswayApril 24, 2018
Great job just not enough hours over staffed sometimes there was too many people in one department and because so many people were hired hours weren't spread properly
Very relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 24, 2018
It was a a very good job but I wanted better opportunities but the management and the people working there are very nice and work well around your schedule
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Hours
Jc Penny is a great Job
Shoe Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 24, 2018
This job was good. I loved working at night. I enjoyed coming to work every day. Good pay. However, I had to leave for school. The manager was very fair and professional.
Corporate
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 24, 2018
Was assigned to Loss Prevention--great unit in a busy environment
learned plenty about the beginning of the criminal investigation process.
great culture within loss prevention
Very nice mangers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 24, 2018
The managers were very nice and always put the customer first. They would assist in anything the customer needed. Most of the workers were very helpful as well.
Very easy to learn required skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamston, SCApril 23, 2018
My time at JCPenney was a huge learning experience. I was able to learn basic skills, such as operating a cash register, very quickly because of the welcoming environment. I was put to work almost immediately and help was provided to me when needed. Everything was very clear, and I was never unsure about what my job was for the day. I think that this job was a very good job to have for my first job. Now I can say that I have experience in retail, which helps in acquiring future employment.
Pros
paid very well, fun environment
Cons
some employees were unprofessional and rude
JCPenney
SENIOR LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILApril 23, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone join this workforce as JCPenney is closing most if not all of the stores they have due to slowly going out of business. Work life at the stores are very stressful as you repeat your steps and job duties over and over again.
Personal reasons y I left
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 23, 2018
I loved my job at JC Penney and tryed so many times to go back they said they are hiring but I put in for position but ever hear back from them I call and they say they are not hiring I quit for personal reasons
Pros
We had 30 mins to a hour
Cons
Yes we had Break
Productive fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for the company. We were like a little family in our department we were actually a team and had each others back. Not quite sure how it is now but from my experience I would recommend them to work there.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed my 6 years as an employee. Jewelry is exciting yet competitive. I enjoyed my customers. They made my day; along with me directing them along the right path.
Quick-paced job but with great managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 23, 2018
At JCPenney, there are a lot of responsibilities. An associate has to clean out fitting rooms, greet customers, assist them in finding merchandise, clean off floors, fold clothes, hang them up, and put them in their respective location, check customers out, assist with credit card applications, and perform online orders in the store. While the list of responsibilities is a long one, the exciting people and amazing management makes the work environment much more enjoyable. Working here is hectic at times, but being able to help others find things that they love is something that I really love to do.
Pros
Great management, fun coworkers, competitive environment
Cons
Stressful at times, inconsistent scheduling
This job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lathonia GAApril 23, 2018
Love the staff but the management at the 2 stores I worked at was horrifying. But the store manager were at the Oxford AL store was helpful. I didn't quit or get fired. It just ended.
Great job
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOApril 23, 2018
JcPenneys to me is a team that works together. Everyday is a new experience you relate to customers and I love the public. Yes there is a lot of changes daily and even more things to keep up with as you make your work environment look presentable and up selling is a must
Pros
enjoyable work atmosphere
Cons
working nights and weekends
going out od bussiness
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAApril 23, 2018
the customers where good, management was another matter. they played favorites all the time, usually the ones with attitude got all the praise, and the ones that worked hard got worked harder .
fast paced
cashier (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 23, 2018
Omni dept is the only dept which is fun, enjoyable and able to have a stress free day in retail. cashiering is the most difficult aspect of retail but if you are just looking for a job this is the right place to work while your are doing school.
Great High School Job
Cashier - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2018
JcPenny was a great job for me in high school. The hours was flexible and they worked with my school schedule. The co workers and management was very nice.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
No cons
Nice
Associate (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLApril 22, 2018
Worked here during the summer while the store was closing. Was just a fun time with every employee. Loved that you could get everything here at great discounts clothes, shoes, bed sets, kitchen were all unbelievable.

55.4K
45K
34.1K
21.2K
1991

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

73out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JCPenney.