JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 18,991 reviews matching the search See all 19,051 reviews
it was a good learning experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 18, 2019
It was my first job and it helped me a lot understand the most fundamentals that a job has. I learned how to handle money run a cash register and organizing
Pros
lunch breaks, and discounts
Cons
got a bit hectic at times
Love this company!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2019
Jcpenney's is a fun company to work for. I loved everything about My time there. Trendy upbeat culture , and yhe black fridays dpent there were epic!!!
Pros
Fun, atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours given.
welcoming and supportive environment
Recovery Associate (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJanuary 18, 2019
the associates at jcpenney are supportive of each other and kind to everyone they meet. they made me feel very welcomed in my first few days. the environment was positive always.
Pros
great community
J.C. Penney is a Competitive and sometimes fun place to work.
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mesquite. TX.January 18, 2019
J. C. Penney’s is a very fast paced business when dealing with customer’s needs and satisfaction. There are lots of incentives to have fun with everyday plans such as dressing up for particular holidays. Making each day of one week something different to wear during the Christmas holidays. There are rewards for a job well done. There are holiday meals served for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Pros
Christmas time has excellent pay potential in fine jewelry.
Cons
No room for growth. Low pay scales.
jcpenny seasonal
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Fun place to work, you do things on your own, very reliable upon yourself and time passes by fast. have your job task to do throughout the day nothing crazy hard just the right amount that should be expected.
Very fast pace working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 18, 2019
I liked it there at first, and it was amazing, but the only disadvantage was that after any holiday, they start to cut your hours, and it is extreme.
customer service
customer care of kitchen appliances (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 18, 2019
replenishing kitchen appliances and bathroom. stocking. helping customers find what they wanted. extending a helpful hand. working in other departments having a discount and family night
Pros
managers were really nice
Cons
staying until another person didnt come in
Great Job
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2019
The work was never overwhelming and management was good at helping out where it was needed. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement and cross training.
It's alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 18, 2019
-Lots of work to be done.
-Day-to-day productivity is fulfilling.
-Great associates; friendly.
-Many different cultures to interact with.
-Lots of opportunities for growth.
Management challenged environment.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLJanuary 18, 2019
The reason JCP stocks are at a all time low is they do not have any clear cut vision on who they are or where they want to go. They hire management that do not have great leadership skills and it fuels a already disgruntled employee environment. Upper management restricts the store management from being effective in merchandizing and encouraging their staff. They limit the staff hours so much that it appears to be a ghost store....or help yourself store. If they added self checkout they would be more explainable to customers that they really do not want to serve you and you should serve yourself. The great employees who do care are frustrated daily with management who shows a complete lack of knowledge or again...vision to lead. Breaks my heart but it appears JCP will be the next big store to shut its doors and management failure owns that.
Pros
100 plus year old company
Cons
Management and a complete lack of vision.
Goal accomplishment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJanuary 18, 2019
I liked working there because Sometimes managers used to ask me the tips how I sell the credit cards to customers. It was nice being part of that company as a sales associate.
Pros
Part time
Easy place to work at with limited growth potential
Transportation Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Started right after college and learned a lot about supply chain and logistics.The management team is great, but the future of the company is uncertain.
good managment
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I would do cashier stock pricing it was a little to slow at time but other than that it was a very good experience. I got to learn a lot there and I would advice others to go work there.
Company
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 17, 2019
JC Penney was a horrible company to work for. I barely had any hours, and the management team was awful. They accuse you and try to fire you before they hear both sides of the story. Worst company ever.
nice place to work
JCPenney Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 17, 2019
friendly staff, and flexible hours. never a dull moment. love working at JCPenney if your are looking for a Part Time this is the place to be.the holiday are exteremly busy but fun....
JCPenney Team Work
MDSE Execution Associate (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TX 78552January 17, 2019
Working at JCPenney gave me amazing work experiences in life for future careers. They showed me how to work with a team and greater communication skills. I thank JCPenney for giving me the skills I need in life.
Pros
Good Breaks
Unclean
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I value every experience as a learning experience. The JcPenny store in Chico, California is the dirtiest store I have ever been in. The fitting rooms are in need of immediate attention. I believe the dust and dirt made me sick, each shift.
Busy and Fun
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2019
I was an intern there and I worked in the backpack division where we looked at backpacks on a daily basis to see how well the sales were going as we were reaching peak season. I also helped with other various projects like allocating and competition shopping. On top of that it was really cool sitting in and participating in vendor meetings.
Pros
good pay and good environment to work
A Decent Job
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 17, 2019
It's a nice place to work. Probably the easiest warehouse ever. I just don't like how the hours go up to 6 days 12 hours to 4 days 4 hours. It's kind of unpredictable at times.
Pros
Nice Pay, Easy Work, 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, Overtime hours
Cons
Unpredictable hours at times
Selling jewelry
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 17, 2019
I work in the jewelry department selling jewelry and cashier, cleaning cases,helping customers and answering phones and helping out in other departments when needed.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Some times it was stressfull

56K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

54%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss