JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 18,525 reviews matching the search See all 18,585 reviews
Fun and professional work place.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 13, 2018
Working at JCPennys I ran the cash registers, I made displays for clothing. I did a lot of different tasks assigned to me. I was also promoted to the shoe department where I was able to earn commission. It was a great place to work.
Working
Independent worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Work was always cool,calm and collected. Nothing ever got too crazy or hectic. My coworkers were amazing and friendly. They were always there to help me with anything i was confused about.
Jcpenneys review
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 13, 2018
If you get a part time job be prepared to get a second job. There aren’t enough hours and the paycheck isn’t enough to live off of. No benefits are offered either for part time workers and you get less than 20 hours a week. I work 8 hours a week. Max.
Cons
Not enough hours.
First public job
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOSCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 12, 2018
JC penny has great clothes, as well as, awesome low prices. JC Penny's was great to their employees. As a high student at the time of employment they did not once fail to recognize my outstanding customer service!
Cashiering
Cashier/Recovery (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 12, 2018
The job is boring and very slow. Customers can be rude but its not the hardest job in the world to do. If you're looking for an okay start............
Great Place with right people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 12, 2018
JcPenny was a great job to have. It is a retail store so you do get the crazies out there. Not just customers but a few employees as well. But that is every job.
Fun work place, nice people, enjoyable
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 12, 2018
Many different positions to work in. Great management and benefits. Lots of team work. Great pay with earned time off. Discounts on all there items with great sales. The only thing that sucks is that you work all the holidays, but it's great money.
Pros
Discounts health care day 1
Cons
Working holidays
Alright for a first job
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 12, 2018
Coming out of high school this isn't a bad place for a first job. However the pay and the hours are consistent with most retail jobs and management would much rather replace worker than keep them.
JCP 10 years
Custom Window Treatment Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 12, 2018
I worked as a custom installer for window treatments. They were very good to me. I ended up leaving to another job only because of my one boss who mis-managed me and others. She is now gone from JCP. Other than her I liked my job very much. I would love to be any part time part of JCP
Pros
job security
Fun, Productive, Easy Going
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 12, 2018
This was not only my first job but also my favorite job I have ever worked, due to a sad misunderstanding the job came to an end. I worked in the men's accessories department (suits, ties, tuxes, dress shirts etc) as my trained department, after that was easily mastered I was sent to work in the Levis department (Jeans etc) and the left over men's departments (Sports, casual etc) Management was fairly decent but there was a lot they didn't teach you nor did your appointed mentor teach you, often you were left alone with barely any idea how to manage things. Hardest part was not having any idea what to do during rushes or when no one was around and everything looked spotless, though when people finally showed up to help out you were kindly explained how things worked, always kind staff never any anger shown in this work environment. The best part of the job would have to be how at home and relaxed this job feels, I always looked forward to working here, every shift.
Pros
Friendly, Relaxed, Easy
Cons
No instructions, no training, often left alone
No One Listens!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 11, 2018
I had such a terrible time working there. The only positive thing there was my co-workers in my department. At the time, I was a full-time student, I had put down the days I was unavailable for, I told the lady who interviewed me and she wrote it down as well as double-checked with me, and then I informed the woman during my orientation. GUESS WHAT! I was scheduled during my classes!
I personally don't recommend working there, but of course, this was my experience.
The place is not bad as a general sales company it has a lot to offer. However the way they operate does not allow for almost anyone to be full time.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2018
This is a place that works out if you are a student and need a part time job and don’t have work experience. You will be payed minimum wage no benefits or vacations. In fact they will even not give you payed sick days. You will be scheduled 5hrs and have to take a 30 min break so basically you only get paid 4.30hrs which is a waste of 30 mins if you ask anybody. Management is the biggest issue. They are not very good at following what is set for them as a guide of availability. All in all I stayed there for a while mostly cause the discount is good !
Good environment busy fast pace.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 11, 2018
I liked working stockroom but it was hard very fast pace, had to ask for my breaks they never were offered, the people you work with are always in a hurry to leave they rather not take a break.
Pros
you get good discounts
Cons
i felt i was running all the time.
Productive.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 10, 2018
Friendly co-workers, flexible schedule and knowledgeable workers.
We all work well together and as a team to make sure store is cleaned up before we leave.
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
Not enough breaks
wonderful working there
Jcpenneys/Seasonal Sales Assosiote (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WANovember 10, 2018
My first job ever but it only lasted only two months because it closed down the next year sadly I would've been staying to work full time. I enjoyed the people and the my fellow employees they were very sweet and cheerful.
Pros
get discounts on everything in the store and good work environment
Cons
never be late
Nice place to work
Merchandise Executive Associate (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 10, 2018
JCP was a great place to work. Overall, I enjoyed my time there. I had to leave for the Marine Corps, but otherwise I would most likely still be there.
Hard work and good pepole to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 10, 2018
Typical day at work Ringing up clients orders, helping with questions ordering things in catalog.
What have I learned Strong sale skills
Hardest part of the job is to get customers to sign up for Icaps
Pros
good hours during holidays
Cons
Icaps
Great employees!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 10, 2018
Worked seasonal and was not notified that i was working seasonal. Management needs to communicate better with the employees. Too many daily mishaps due to lack of communication with employees.
Pros
Free lunch during the seasons
Cons
Management needs to be a lot better
Brand new salon.
Master stylist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 10, 2018
Needs to have a better marketing system. Clients should have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Very low client retention due to high cost of services. Remodeling project took months to complete and hired immigrants to work on the job.
jc penney
Sales Associate, hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 10, 2018
while at JC Penney i worked for the portrait studio . I also worked in the salon as a hair stylist after finishing Cosmotology School. I enjoyed working with the customers and clients.

55.9K

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight