JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Human Resources Manager

Human Resources Manager54 reviews

Found 54 reviews matching the searchSee all 24,885 reviews

N/a

Bankruptcy is immenent. This is the most disorganized and operationally inefficient company I have ever worked for. Culture and morale are very poor. Very sad because this company used to be great but has completely lost its identity.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Job security

Awesome environment!A lot of long term associates who understand change and are very talented!

I love my job and team.Yes,there's a lot to do,organized retail crime is on the rise and some days I'm an over payed cashier BUT...our customers are great! Culture and morale and awesome and there is always a plan to succeed!

Pros

Flexible, team envitonment, environment, benefits

Cons

None for me

JCPenney insights

Based on 7,824 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

JCPENNEY is the worst employer i have worked for.

JCPENNEY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THERE PEOPLE.They do not compensate their employees for the work that they doExpectations are too high and corporate does not appreciate what employees at the stores do for customers.

A company that values people over profit

Excellent management! They definitely make you feel needed and successful. A real family environment! Only wish the pay was competitive. But, honestly, the company I left JCP for isn't nearly as people-friendly. I am considering going back to JCP.

A Company That Learned Too Late

Saw a lot of upper and middle management come and go in my ten years with the company. Some good, some bad. Same with co-workers. It was more difficult knowing how excessively the company spent in the past, along with the useless amounts of money poured into coupons and senseless promotions like doorbusters. Money which perhaps could have been better spent on actually training new employees or giving incentives to employees to show appreciation. I didn't feel super appreciated for long holiday shifts spent away from family to be given a little bag with lip balm and Band-Aids.

Pros

Associate Discount

Cons

Low pay for the amount expected out of each associate

Productive and fun

I’m proud to work for JC PENNEY. There’s never ending growth in the company. I am challenged every day to meet metrics, and proud once those metrics are met.

This is a very fast paced and challenging place to work. I was able to learn a great deal from my manager. I really loved the energy of the team members.

Awesome experience and gained alot of experience that helped me in the QA and Logistics Center field. Great company for growth and experience, awesome employees and management.

Good company

overall good company with good benefits and culture. able to be flexible to meet needs and training. fun environment and great discount corporate office

N/a

This location keeps hiring GMs that want to run the store as other companies they have worked for. None of them try to adapt to company policy and standards.

Great place to work and contribute to revitalization efforts

Company has strong reputation and history, but having difficulty reinventing itself. Great opportunity to work hard and have fun with great employee discounts.

Work morale

Hard to get work moral from under paid and or minors. No budget for payroll and or merit increases. Barely able to hire the headcount required. Bonuses are only obtainable through certain metrics that are impossible to make. Turnover percentage not an accurate metric with a majority of staff being minors.

Pros

Vacation

Cons

Employee Moral

Poor management and low morale

The GM and Sr. HRM are terrible leaders in the facility. The culture is broken and the morale is low. They lack engagement and don't know how to treat people. They don't follow processes and make up policies as they go to fit however they feel at the time.

Nice place to work

I loved working for this company. It was a great experience and I was glad to be able to learn and grow as an employee. I would love to work here again if given the opportunity.

Not a great place to work

You would think the environment would be family oriented and friendly. However, managers treat you based on how they liked you. Meaning if you're not liked you get less hours and bad work shifts.

Pros

Cons

Poor benefits, compensation and work life balance

Great Place to work

A typical day at JCPenney was fun. I really enjoyed this job the most First thing when I would come in is Correct all time sheets from the day before. Every Monday Morning I would have to correct time sheets from the weekend and close payroll. Print out all consolidated time sheets and file them. After closing payroll , I would go in the Cash room and count and balance the safe. Count all registers and count all money from the day before sales and set up for deposits. I was the hiring manager in charge of hiring,I-9,onboard training. I did all the terminations and paid outs for employees. Ordering all supplies for the store. Set employees up with FML leaves/disability/maternity leave,etc. I learned everything about HR at JCPenney. I love the fact that HR is a job that you can never truly know everything. I learned something new every day. The hardest thing was not knowing everything. The most enjoyable part was talking with people one on one. Employees trusting me and supporting them with the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.

JC Penney

Great company to work for. Everyone seems to have fun yet still work hard at what they do. I enjoy working with my coworkers and my General Manager. Lots of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

inconsistent work schedule

Relationships with the store manager at some stores determine your success

Younger inexperienced Managers are given opportunities to run stores with little or no experience. If your store manager likes you, it can help your careers whether or not you're qualified.

Pros

Upper management beyond the District Manager is fair

Cons

Some District Managers are horrible along with some store managers

Fun and High Energy workplace

It is a all hands on deck type of job. Team works together to deliver great customer service. Workplace built on the golden rule( treat others the way you would want to be treated) that goes for customers as well as your coworker. Hardest part would be schedule and not being able to spend time with the family for holidays as you would like but the best part of the job is also the family you gain at Jcpenney with coworkers and customers. Also great associate discount.

Daily duties

Daily management duties, review reports and follow up on report and team. Great customer service, follow up on customer. Operational duties /work shipment, daily merchandising of sales floor Develop team, daily coaching, on boarding and follow up on company policies long with Human Resource duties

unstable company, no growth

Penny's is not a growing company. They have not embraced the next generations shopping preferences even though the have systems in place to accommodate. They do not train or promote programs to grow their business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JCPenney. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare JCPenney with

Career recommendations for Human Resources Manager

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Human Resources Manager in US