JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Bronx, NY

Good for Temporary, Unsure for Career
JCPenney is a quick and easy job, management respect their employees and ensure that the employees are motivated. Most needed during the holidays, and may need to consider seniority
Would not recommend!
Have no great reviews about this place. Good apparel and prices and discounts but overall.working in there with management was not good. They don’t appreciate your hard work!
Company has double standards for different employees
They do not treat people fairly... I was fired for a lie... I was told in August 2018 about doing a credit card without I’d... which was a lie... it took manager till oct 24 to fired me... 8 years with a company I gonna put my job on the line for 2.00... 2 months no warning no write up.. Something is definitely wrong in that store.. it has happen to many people wrongful termination...
Horrible Place To Work
These people will overwork you and underpay you. All they care about is people signing up for credit cards. The employees receive $2 per credit card that they sign a customer up for meanwhile the managers are getting $10-20 per card
This company's employees need to know better dress code. The co workers need to come on time. Not enough cashiers. All fitting rooms should be open
Not enough teamwork. Lack of staff. Lack of communication. Not enough hours. Working late. Not enough security guards. All Fitting rooms should be in use not just only one being open. All recovery should learn how to do cashier incase of short of staff.
Pros
There's no pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
It's Eh
There's no proper training. They may teach you the basics but ultimately end up pairing you with a "buddy" (who's just another associate, not a manager) who has to teach you everything they know. Management tends to ignore you. They only like to pretend they have a good relationship with associates whenever corporate comes over. Associates are told day and night to push the credit card. If your numbers are low, you're accused of not doing your job. In actuality, no one wants the card.
fun
● Demonstrated worthy behavior and partnered with other co-workers for
additional support when neccessary.

● Greeted customers when they entered the store and approached

customers when they are in need.

● Made sure customers had a wonderful experience as they are shopping

and leave the store.

● Provided solutions when there is a problem that needed to be resolved.

● Maintained in assigned section and folded clothes, pants appropriately by

size order.
productive and fun workplace
I really did not enjoy working here because I was in the jewelry department and it was really slow and you had to be on your feet ALL day, Management was great but did not like being in the jewelry department
great experience
this was my 1st retail job. it allowed me to get my foot through the door. i was only a stock boy at the time but was giving lots of leadership roles. This helped me out in my future endervers.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
competitive pay
Productive.
Friendly co-workers, flexible schedule and knowledgeable workers.
We all work well together and as a team to make sure store is cleaned up before we leave.
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
Not enough breaks
okay place to work.
okay place to work but not for my career. typical day was not busy at all. coworkers are not usually welcoming as they all have their "groups" and are mostly unprofessional and mixy.
Pros
relaxing job, stress free most of the time
Cons
mixy employees, biased management, unwelcoming coworkers, rude coworkers.
Honestly, the current store manager appears to decrease the morale in the store. Creating an environment where there is no loyalty.
The culture in the store greatly depends on the managers. Many of the managers and supervisors have been with the company and in that particular location for quite some time so there is really no room for growth in the store. A typical day at work is high energy. Running around. The current store manager is very egotistical and not an effective listener. He is so concerned about his own position that he does not back his team which, in turn, creates an environment where no one is eager to go to bat for him.
Pros
One of the great things is that this is a fast paced environment.
Cons
The company brought in a wave of individuals from another company who, shortly after, left for another company. This has everyone feeling as if they're walking on sand.
Okay place for a summer job
This job is best for students in the summer when home from college to make some extra cash. Very low salaries and unless you are management, you can only get part-time hours.
Pros
Nice environment for a part time job
Cons
low pay, little hours
Working with the public is what I enjoyed most about this job.
I was a sales associate. Mainly I worked in the women's department, either in fashion jewelry or in the fitting room. Working with people as always been something I enjoyed. So working in the fitting room was great. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for long periods of time, because I used a cane and a chair in the fitting room would have been welcoming.
Pros
The work schedule was good for me
Cons
I used a cane, and when asked if I could have a chair in the fitting room, I was told no and that I needed a doctor's note to say I needed to sit sometimes.
n/a
Working at jcpenney was good. It helped me gain my skills in customer service. The only reason I left was because of management. Everything changed. The management to me got a little bit more rude. overall the manager I had before the one I do have now was the best manager I'll ever have. He was very considerate to everyone any actually cared about us and treated us like family.
fun place
located in the mall of coop city,it was the first jc penney store in new york city.It was an attraction for not only shoppers who live in the bronx but also shoppers from all the 5 boroughs of new york city.Always busy.
Pros
pizza time
Cons
limited benefits
Best retail job ever!
This was honestly the best retail job i've had. Great coworkers, great customers, and great benefits. If one department is too overwhelming, you can be asked to be switched to one to better suit your pace.
N/a
Working in Jcpenney was a ok job, I had to deal with customers which was the brunt of my duties at Jcpenneys. I was incharge of mainting the front desk.
enjoyable
Always a busy day at the location where i worked, i learnt how to deal with rude customers and how self-control, it was really a pluser working with JcPenny
This job is trash
Don’t work here. This job is trash. Managers don’t care about you. They can all smd. Never again will I work for this ship wreck. Close down. I will personally close this establishment down. Definitely filing a complaint to Corps.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Everything else
Busy, busy, busy. Worked in many departments. Closing is hard.
Poor management. Management lack skills and discipline needed to successfully create a respectful working relationship between management and employee. Many times missed breaks. Training was terrible - self training through modules within a limited time frame. Company does not learn anything from the many reviews posted online. Unprofessional attitudes of management.
Pros
Job for holidays
Cons
Poor management. Having to review this company
7K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JCPenney.