JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Harrisburg, PA

Great for those who need a flexible part time job
Every shift for me was a bit different. Some days I was cashiering, other days I was helping with signs and read floor plans for new stock. Management put a lot of emphasis on signing customers up for credit cards, which began to feel like it was the only thing they cared about. Employees were constantly coming and going, so the store was always understaffed. I loved being able to organize merchandise but it was often unrecognized due to the main focus being credit and not store presentation and shop-ability.
Its a ok place to work at if your a school student
It was a good experience over all but you there for a while a people get position you think you should have been asked and never was and you go out your way to help them out but dont get credit when credit due is not fair
Cons
They font take care of the associate's we dont get treated fairly
Great Place Overall
Fast pace as you started your day had to get the pallets down and the merchandise to the floor never a dull moment but your co workers made things less stressful team work is the main key.
Pros
discount on items
Cons
high turn over rate
Productive and friendly co-workers
Everybody there was very nice and helpful when it came to learning new things. My bosses were very friendly and understanding when it came to having time off and sucks days.
There is no team in this place
There is extreme favoritism within the store and imediete supervisors do not share information with other associates , getting in trouble for other co workers when its not ur fault
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
fun place to work
Retail experience and working with public are some of my favorite things. Enjoyed working with my supervisor on store projects. Worked in specific position that required more extensive training.
Pros
public
Cons
changed to commission
Loved this job
Very fun and always advancement opportunities. They were always having contests and parties. They really care for their employees and their customers. Favorite job.
Disorganized
over all a good working place people are friendly and the customers normally are nice. They are sometimes disorganized but their communication isn't all that.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JCPenney?
fun and easy
Love working in this environment, and impacting peoples lives. Enjoyed meeting new people and working with people my age. Disliked the hours given expected more.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Low pay
Rewarding and fun
A typical day in the studio includes photographing, selling, using customer service skills, and maintaining my staff of workers by making a set schedule and following up with them to guide them.
Pros
discount at store
Cons
under appreciated, not helped
Fun atmosphere with great people, management & staff
Being part of JCPenney was more than a job; it was an experience and an education. There were multiple factors that led to this being the truth; a clean and well organized layout & stockroom, customers that enjoyed shopping at our store, the people that connected the customers with our vision, and the great management team that led us. The store manager at the time was by far my favorite employer to work for; he was serious & goal oriented, but smiled and had a good time, and this passion ran deep through every layer of hierarchy.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Fun
Customer Service, Commercial awareness, Price checking, working under a time frame while working individually or with a team, Responsibility, Set and Support awareness.
Fun and productive work environment
count register fold clothing meet and greet customers learn a lot of customer service skills management was a unorganized co workers were fun hardest part was standing all day meeting customers
Pros
discount clothing
Cons
low pay wages
A very culturally diverse place of employment, which is enjoyable & educational.
Very busy. Management needs improvement. Fairly flexible hours/work schedule. Enjoyed meeting and helping hair clients.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management needs improvement, difficult to advance as stylist.
Love the Events with Food!
Only good thing i can say was the coworkers were fun to work with and some customers were pleasing to serve. I never knew what was on the minds of Higher management, its like they pull ideas out of a hat.
Pros
love the team and great customers. events too
Cons
higher management with their bad ideas make customers unhappy and confused so they lash, the hours sometimes aren't good either
fun and busy
I loved it and every aspect of it the only thing I didnt like is short staffed. JCPennys always needed help and never could keep it
6.8K
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight