JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Houston, TX170 reviews
I had a great experience working for the company . There are many opportunities to grow within the company and outside. It was just a wonderful work environment.
I advice all full time employees not to go back to work if JCPENNEY won't compensate your part time hours with full time pay. The management staff are salary but the hourly employees will get part time pay when they were hired as full time. Employed over three years and now they want me as part time......SAD SAD SAD SAD
It was pretty good. They are going to give you a lot of hours and it was like a second family for me but I moved to Texas City so I could not stay and work in Houston.
Hardly any full time positions except for management, Not a bad company for a first job or a teenager but more desirable jobs with better pay. The hardest part was the lack of hours.
I worked here over the holidays at the mall. If you are used to working a very face paced and frustrating job, this job is for you. I do not recommend this as a first time job, you will struggle and hate your life.
nice customers
employees are very nice

management is very understanding and nice

typical day is easy going

hardest part would be keeping everything in order
JCPENNEY is great for the customer and you if you believe in customer is always right. But there needs to be more flexibility in work hours and job duties. There aren’t enough consequences when you are not performing to company standards.
After having complaints about meyerland jcpenny instead of getting any positive or helpful feedback I got removed from position and after leaving I was taking out of data base saying I never worked there after back and forth on the phone for a year they just decided altogether to just say I never worked there even though I provided pay stubs. Terrible company to work for
It’s always busy and I learned how to talk to other and control my self my management team was ok it’s was all diverse controls self and communicate I get to meet new people ever day
It’s an okay job for people with not much of a financial responsibly. Schedule was ok but I did not like the mandatory closing shifts and the long holiday hours. At the time, my management team was awesome until everyone was laid off which then caused the store to flop. I believe this occurred company wide and most of my colleagues then left the company as well.
It is a good place to get started when learning retail. There is a lack of advancement and meaningful wage increases.
Management is very respectful of their employees.

It is easy to get time off when needed.

Good benefit package
Good great managers cool job but low pay very far to commute it was a great team/staff but I was very slow paced.The ride was far to get there and I had to walk.
Loved engaging with the associates and customers. Loved empowering the associates
hardest part of job is the women's fitting room

Learned to come up with better game plans to ensure and easier close of store
Customer service was my main priority. More than 15 years in retail.
I enjoyed managing ,interacting with my peers. Great company to work for. Best prices . Employee discount plus coupon A plus..
I worked in management for JCPenneys for 25 years. It was some of the best years and some of the worst. I never felt fairly compensated for the responsibility I had. I was always in management. I started as a trainee and retired as a senior merchandise manager. The stores were reorganized in 1998 and I was asked to take an early retirement. I complied.
This job had its ups and downs the managers were super strict. You get paid more when you work holidays which was great but the cleaning up process at the end of the night was very had almost impossible to finish.
Working here honestly helped me during high school was very well established. The managers were very good on communication and making sure every thing was well with everyone of us.
JCPenny gives you the stepping stone to create your own business inside their business . They provide great training and supply all the tools you need to build your clientele. You have to be able to multitask throughout the day in order to have a successful and productive shift. Management does a great job with making sure you meet your goals and quotas.
my time at jcpenney was overall fine. there are ups and downs but its basically exactly what you would expect working there would be like, ring people up, organize stock, clean after closing.
Awesome work environment with friendly colleagues that constantly seek to better themselves. I'll recommend Halliburton to anyone that's willing to grow.
I was only seasonal during the holidays. But, my department manager was a paranoid maniac and a blatant southern conservative who wanted her ethnic employees to "remember their places." My manager was controlling and usually angry about personal things that had nothing to to do with our jobs and would engage in departmental gossip with other managers on the floor. She made it almost impossible to work effectively and her attitude and lack of leadership diminished the department's sales and customer service.
7.2K
Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.