JCPenney
66Average

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Las Vegas, NV

Las Vegas, NV99 reviews
I worked for JCP at the Boulevard Mall before it closed. It was a great place to work, although I personally feel it was a great spot to start off at a really young age.
Pros
Met some great people, gained experience
Cons
Being on your feet & starting pay was really low.
If you are a YES man or woman you'll get promoted. If you voice your concerns to company they will hold it against you. If one of the people from management doesn't like you, then you're pretty much stuck no advisement.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Working in a high school environment
The overall environment created within the company was great and easy to maneuver through, however communication between different authority figures could be improved upon.
Worked together in a team environment, always in a fast past, customer service was big, always having to coordinate with the dates and what was need to wear that day, management never communicated.
Good / excellent work place I wish my living situation was better so I could have kept the job the team I worked with in the morning was amazing and hard working just like me .
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I really enjoyed this job, and the people I worked with. I really look forward to getting up and going to work every day here. Said the store closed..
JcPenny was ok it was not the best experience but definitely one to start with to get your feet wet very faso paste job a lot of assistance if you need it it’s was for the most part well organized
You get to meet some really nice people and potentially make some really cool friends but unless the managers like your or you get along with them, you won’t get as many hours as you expected and they’ll notice the things you do wrong more than the things you do right
Excellent company culture. They preach servant leadership and back up the talk. Great people who love their jobs. Highly recommend to anyone looking for work/life balance and a job they look forward to going to each day.
The managers at grand canyon are sweet and pleasant to work with but has absolutely no communication skills. I had a husband of 26yrs sudden die due to health issues and they fired me. No care no proper procedure on power line leave due to the death say i was job abandonment that was falsely accusation but im able to be rehired .the 9$hr. pay is a joke on their behalf and high theif is so ridiculous at the grand canyon location. Will not go back if they paid me double. No care no support not even counselor for my death and all i had was top reviews from customers everyday .
Really enjoyed working there at first but then I see that they don’t keep their word when it comes to hours or schedules or pay. Company is in trouble and my location has many days when there are hardly any customers in the store. Not much inventory to offer. Hard to compete with Target and Kohl’s. No loyalty to hard workers. Management is uninterested. Company is losing many good workers.
JC Penney was a great place to work with fun people to work with. My manager was wonderful, she always made sure if we had a problem her door was always open, or if we needed anything we could always come to her.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Part time does not get benefits
At JC Penney Home Store I would clock in and first thing I would go to the morning meeting were daily goals and projections for the store were giving also employee achievements were announced and sometimes rewarded. Any training needed would be set up and scheduled. Management was supportive of employees. Workplace culture was friendly and happy. Hardest part was having to leave. Most enjoyable was the people I worked with.
Pros
Salary plus commision let you acheive a pay and increase at your pace.
Cons
It is a decent place to work, the management is nice and they try to work with you, but it's difficult at times struggling with not getting hours and going sometimes a week before you are back at work.
Overall this job was the best it helped me grow more with customer service,patience and the ability to multitask. My boss was understandable and worked well when random things that came up out of nowhere.
Pros
Good lunch breaks
Cons
Got busy during the holidays
Jcpenney's is a fun company to work for. I loved everything about My time there. Trendy upbeat culture , and yhe black fridays dpent there were epic!!!
Pros
Fun, atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours given.
JC Penney's is like a family we accept all inclusion and diversity it's a great place to work. JC penney recognizes people for their hard work and promotes many people from within the company Many of my closest friends work for JC Penney'.
Pros
Lots of work perks
Cool and easy. Nothing too big nor too small. Coworkers are friendly and easy to approach. Customers are normally pretty cool people with the occasional upset customer popping up every now and then. Overall a cool place to work at for anybody looking for their first job.
A typical day at work was usually laid back with bursts of busy-time as customers would checkout in waves. I learned how to sell credit cards to people! Everyone was incredibly friendly and I am leaving only due to lack of funds and relocation. The hardest part of the job is staying late to recover the store after a busy shift and the rude customers. Every other moment was incredibly enjoyable, especially the deals you get as an employee!!
Pros
discounts, bonus for selling credit cards, family w/ peers
Cons
rude people, bending over to fold
It’s wasnt always fun working at JCP. Management never did what they were suppose to. They made you work extra hard for little pay and couldn’t grow within the company.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No growth, no hours
I work in the Home Specialty Department, Selling
Appliance's I am always looking for a customer to great and see

how I can better assist with a home purchase, like a washer/dryer

mattress or custome window coverings
Pros
The break room has drinks and popcorn for employees
Cons
we do not have 1 hour lunch only half hour lunch
7.2K
Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.