JCPenney Employee Review

Poor Training/Management
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 6, 2013
I started working for JC Penney, Santa Ana location, as a transfer from Arizona. I know how to do my job and I do it well, but working a three story department store is very is a big difference then only one. story department store, compared to a single story.

Other JCPenney Employee Reviews

Not a long-term place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 19, 2018
Managers continually push for associates to open JCP Credit Cards, without acknowledging whether they have the opportunity to open any or not. The less you open, the less you are appreciated and the more you open, the more you're appreciated. Most co-workers are very friendly and welcoming. The store is either very busy or dead, so work load varies day to day.
Pros
flexible hours
It was ok to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 19, 2018
You would normally come in and be assigned apart of the store to work at for the day. I learned that it doesn't take long at all to learn a store. Management was average, could have been improved. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the customers to find what they need and seeing the smile on their faces.

55.4K
44.9K
34.1K
21.2K
1989

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

73out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JCPenney.