JEA Senior Living Employee Reviews

Management is unprofessional and childish. They speak to you in a demeaning way. The choose favorites over quality workers.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  amherst, nySeptember 14, 2018
Management is unprofessional, uneducated and present child like behaviors. They show favoritism with certain staff. They are one of the worst companies i have ever worked for. There is certain staff that do inappropriate things to the residents. If I could rate them a 0 i would!
Not a good place to work or a place where elderly are well taken care of.
Caregiver (Full-Time) and med tech (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 6, 2018
I worked work Pacific Garden last year and until this moment I've hear and experience the worst of it. Caregivers don't last more than a week. Management is never there always out going for lunch and other things and the try to hide from workers to not answer questions about the residents. Residents are not well taken care of and some caregivers are very rude to them and management covers them. I saw so many wrong things and was never taken care of. I was always too scared to mention anything to families. I have so much to say but this would have to be it.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Not always get breaks, overworked, bad management etc.
Rewarding, Enjoyable place to work
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 10, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. This is the best job I have had. The entire staff (management included) are a great group to work with. This is one of the best working environments I have ever had. I can see staying here until I decide to retire.
The Best place to work in 25 years!!!!!!!!!!!
Community Resource Director (Current Employee) –  Peoria,IllinoisAugust 10, 2018
I love Grand View and I love JEA. This is the finest place to work in the Peoria, IL area. We are supported by upper management and the home office. I would go the extra mile for the wonderful residents and staff at Grand View. Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy your job. Apply today.
Pros
Wages, Residents and families, wonderful working conditions
Cons
I honestly have no cons to working here.
I love my job!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 10, 2018
If you want to work in a place that is full of love, gives the residents dignity, and everyone feels like family...this is the place for YOU! I have worked in other long term care facilities and I know what bad care looks like. Its not here. The food is delicious, the care is exceptional, and the love is felt for our friends that live here in our community. Please join me in honoring these beautiful residents with being part of our family at a JEA community. They really take memory care to a new level!
Pros
Loving, Clean, Clean, Clean!
Horrible
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 8, 2018
This concept is great but the way the treat the residents is awful. You would have to hide the current residents with behaviors just so they can portray everything is peachy. The management is evil and spiteful.
Pros
Love Residents, Pay
Cons
Horrible Management
Incompetent Senior Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 2, 2018
Regional management neglected operations for years resulting in serious deficiencies in care and staff training. Conflicting direction from regional managers caused confusion for staff and managers. Total lack of corporate oversight. Serious and regular management turnover which has come to the attention of state licensing.
Pros
Interaction with families and residents, great managers
Cons
Everything else
A great place to work
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 10, 2018
I've worked for JEA for almost three years now and have nothing but the best to say. Their dedication to their mission of care is second to none. The focused and detail driven staff here make work seem easy and enjoyable. Supervision take the time to get to know staff in meaningful ways. Staff show great joy in what they do, not only because they know how important the work they do is, but because they get to see the joy it brings to the residents.
Staffer
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 26, 2018
As the new staffer I love my new role after being promoted from a caregiver. I love taking care of residents and that is so present from all staff especially the management. I have even seen the Nursing Director and Administrator feeding residents or toilet residents when we are short staff for the shift anywhere else I have worked. Truly cool that everyone help each other. Come work here all the new staff is so positive and work as a team.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Temporary Job
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed being able to work alone, but did not enjoy the working environment. I was given many different conflicting instructions on how to fix or improve my working process. I was given only one or two days of on the job training and then was expected to handle all responsibilities and problems myself with no room for error. Management was either too involved or not involved at all. Working with the elderly was humbling and fulfilling.
Pros
Free lunches, helping people
Cons
Poor management, unfriendly coworkers
This place is a JOKE
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 18, 2018
The company offered many promises but few fulfilled. Although the company was recently opened, so many employees have come and gone.There was too much management, but yet no one had a clue of how to manage. Too much management but no one is capable of managing their own department, you have maintenance management managing nursing staff, how is that even possible? Communication management managing kitchen department, just everywhere it’s a ridiculously easy workload but when you have clueless management leading you the place is chaos. A pure joke I feel bad from the family paying over $5,000 out of pocket, no insurance covering for the type of care they receive. From the food to the poor nursing staff. The company hires anyone off the street it’s ridiculous. What a big disappointment. The staff does not receive any additional dementia training, no one is a dementia specialist there it’s ridiculous.
Cons
Great company, great culture, amazing story
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJune 17, 2018
Overall JEA has been a great fit for me and my life. They cherish their residents, families and employees. The regional team and support is phenomenal! I love the story of the company. It all started with a son who wanted to provide the best Alzheimer’s care for his mother, through personalized care, learning about and loving the residents.

They really want you to have the work home life balance, which is what I have loved the most. However, working in healthcare- we all know it’s a 24-7 field. This happens whether you work for JEA or not.

I have very few complaints about JEA, the reimbursement process is crazy. The benefits arent great (I’m lucky enough to not have to use them) and the pay is lower than some local competitors. But for me, it’s worth every penny!
Pros
Company Mission, work homelife balance, residents & families
Cons
Benefits, pay
Awful place to work
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 17, 2018
If your lazy, into drama, you suck up to management and are just looking for a paycheck this is a good place for you to work. Management will not stand behind you if your a good caring worker, protects the lazy ones for fear of retaliation.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Alot of drama, lazy caretakers, residents not getting proper care, alot of games
Former employee
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 13, 2018
Does not have the staff needed to accuritally care for the residents, administrator was two faced talked about wveryone behind there backs, talked down to everyone like they were filth
Pros
Great receptionist
Cons
Poorly ran due to upper managment not letting scheduler do job
I really enjoyed JEA!
Marketing Director/Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 17, 2018
My time with JEA was wonderful. I enjoyed the culture and the management, but I wanted to advance and there were not opportunities under their existing structure. Also, their bonus structure was subpar. Overall a good experience though.
Caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 16, 2018
I really like working at Edgemont Place in Blaine, MN. The residents are light and the other staff help one another. I plan to become a TMA and a LPN with this company.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay is low
Great Corporation
Program Director Mentor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 28, 2017
JEA's meaningful moments philosophy of care system is amazing and I feel that concept should be standard in all facilities. Jea loves to promote from within and they give a lot of support if needed or even if your direct supervisor may not. They pay for travel to be sent to trainings. I thoroughly enjoy this job.
Pros
Put residents first
Cons
A little too large for memory care in my opinion
Very Bad Management
Community Resource Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 31, 2017
I worked as a Community Resources Director. I was micro managed daily along with threats and intimidation. The local, regional, and upper managers demand that you follow their ineffective systems and then blame you when they don't work. If you suggest changes you're considered to not be a team player. It's the classic example of insanity... doing the same ineffective things over and over again, while expecting, rather, demanding different results.

Your pay is not that great. Then they make you cover all of the business expenses. A typical month of expenses could run over $1,000. The reimbursement would not be seen for over a month or two. I waited nearly three months for my first expenses check. I had no Idea that I would be funding the company with my own money.

The turnover at this company is very high. It's representative of the ineffective strategy, management, and top leadership.
Pros
Lol
Cons
Ineffective strategies, ruthless management practices, bad leadership
This is a poor place to work. Upper managers micro manage everything
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Clinton, UTMay 9, 2017
You dont want to work here unless you like being micro managed. The is no teamwork and even though everybody is nice to you to your face they cant wait to make drama. Unless you enjoyed being over worked, under appreciated and stabbed in the back everyday dont apply.
Pros
Great residents who you can really love
Cons
hostile work enviroment because everybody wants to have an opinion on what you do.
Very bad managment
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 6, 2017
There is no supper from no manager.they lie about everything . Activites food all manager. Are no good great caregivers .Knew administrater is never there to know there. Employees.very 😢

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JEA Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6