JEA Senior Living Employee Reviews

A great place to work
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 10, 2018
I've worked for JEA for almost three years now and have nothing but the best to say. Their dedication to their mission of care is second to none. The focused and detail driven staff here make work seem easy and enjoyable. Supervision take the time to get to know staff in meaningful ways. Staff show great joy in what they do, not only because they know how important the work they do is, but because they get to see the joy it brings to the residents.
Staffer
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 26, 2018
As the new staffer I love my new role after being promoted from a caregiver. I love taking care of residents and that is so present from all staff especially the management. I have even seen the Nursing Director and Administrator feeding residents or toilet residents when we are short staff for the shift anywhere else I have worked. Truly cool that everyone help each other. Come work here all the new staff is so positive and work as a team.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Low pay
This place is a JOKE
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 18, 2018
The company offered many promises but few fulfilled. Although the company was recently opened, so many employees have come and gone.There was too much management, but yet no one had a clue of how to manage. Too much management but no one is capable of managing their own department, you have maintenance management managing nursing staff, how is that even possible? Communication management managing kitchen department, just everywhere it’s a ridiculously easy workload but when you have clueless management leading you the place is chaos. A pure joke I feel bad from the family paying over $5,000 out of pocket, no insurance covering for the type of care they receive. From the food to the poor nursing staff. The company hires anyone off the street it’s ridiculous. What a big disappointment. The staff does not receive any additional dementia training, no one is a dementia specialist there it’s ridiculous.
Cons
Great company, great culture, amazing story
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJune 17, 2018
Overall JEA has been a great fit for me and my life. They cherish their residents, families and employees. The regional team and support is phenomenal! I love the story of the company. It all started with a son who wanted to provide the best Alzheimer’s care for his mother, through personalized care, learning about and loving the residents.

They really want you to have the work home life balance, which is what I have loved the most. However, working in healthcare- we all know it’s a 24-7 field. This happens whether you work for JEA or not.

I have very few complaints about JEA, the reimbursement process is crazy. The benefits arent great (I’m lucky enough to not have to use them) and the pay is lower than some local competitors. But for me, it’s worth every penny!
Pros
Company Mission, work homelife balance, residents & families
Cons
Benefits, pay
Awful place to work
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 17, 2018
If your lazy, into drama, you suck up to management and are just looking for a paycheck this is a good place for you to work. Management will not stand behind you if your a good caring worker, protects the lazy ones for fear of retaliation.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Alot of drama, lazy caretakers, residents not getting proper care, alot of games
Former employee
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 13, 2018
Does not have the staff needed to accuritally care for the residents, administrator was two faced talked about wveryone behind there backs, talked down to everyone like they were filth
Pros
Great receptionist
Cons
Poorly ran due to upper managment not letting scheduler do job
I really enjoyed JEA!
Marketing Director/Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 17, 2018
My time with JEA was wonderful. I enjoyed the culture and the management, but I wanted to advance and there were not opportunities under their existing structure. Also, their bonus structure was subpar. Overall a good experience though.
Caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 16, 2018
I really like working at Edgemont Place in Blaine, MN. The residents are light and the other staff help one another. I plan to become a TMA and a LPN with this company.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay is low
Great Corporation
Program Director Mentor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 28, 2017
JEA's meaningful moments philosophy of care system is amazing and I feel that concept should be standard in all facilities. Jea loves to promote from within and they give a lot of support if needed or even if your direct supervisor may not. They pay for travel to be sent to trainings. I thoroughly enjoy this job.
Pros
Put residents first
Cons
A little too large for memory care in my opinion
Very Bad Management
Community Resource Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 31, 2017
I worked as a Community Resources Director. I was micro managed daily along with threats and intimidation. The local, regional, and upper managers demand that you follow their ineffective systems and then blame you when they don't work. If you suggest changes you're considered to not be a team player. It's the classic example of insanity... doing the same ineffective things over and over again, while expecting, rather, demanding different results.

Your pay is not that great. Then they make you cover all of the business expenses. A typical month of expenses could run over $1,000. The reimbursement would not be seen for over a month or two. I waited nearly three months for my first expenses check. I had no Idea that I would be funding the company with my own money.

The turnover at this company is very high. It's representative of the ineffective strategy, management, and top leadership.
Pros
Lol
Cons
Ineffective strategies, ruthless management practices, bad leadership
This is a poor place to work. Upper managers micro manage everything
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Clinton, UTMay 9, 2017
You dont want to work here unless you like being micro managed. The is no teamwork and even though everybody is nice to you to your face they cant wait to make drama. Unless you enjoyed being over worked, under appreciated and stabbed in the back everyday dont apply.
Pros
Great residents who you can really love
Cons
hostile work enviroment because everybody wants to have an opinion on what you do.
Very bad managment
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 6, 2017
There is no supper from no manager.they lie about everything . Activites food all manager. Are no good great caregivers .Knew administrater is never there to know there. Employees.very 😢
Structured and Sterile
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  HQDecember 9, 2016
if you like to be micromanaged this is the place for you. The corporate office puts on a good show but in actuality very miserablenplace to work. No room for advancement and pay is less than desirable. Policies are ridiculous.
Pros
It was a quick and easy job
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 19, 2016
It has been fun working at this job and learning to use my hands a lot. While building desks, chairs, tables and even lamps. I learned that I enjoy working in groups and having the right kinds of age group would make work fun. The best par was going to different states and seeing what kinds of entertainment they and and weather. It was awesome because my best-friend could come and him an i make work go so much fast just because we can lift heavier and have experience together get hired as a duo at multiple different jobs, and have been recommended by several people. To be honest their was not a worst part about this job.
Pros
take any breaks you want
Cons
No ethic or dignity here
xaregiver (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILMarch 19, 2016
My pets would not be allowed to stay here.
Supplies for residents are not available resulting in indignity. Food is disgusting. Residents were served chopped bologna sandwiches for dinner but great staff did the best with availability.
Management is scarcely seen as they are always in meetings leaving those that are providing direct care to assume their duties.
Facility does have awesome overworked and under-paid caregivers.The residents and caregivers make this facility,no one else.
Turnover is outrageous especially Director of Nursing/HSD and caregivers.Why don't they stay? .
Current nurses cut corners at every opportunity,including medication management, policy adherence and documentation.

State of Illinois says this facility is ok. Think twice.
Pros
Residents are the best Caregivers are awesome, Yes you may get food if you work days/
Cons
Uncertain schedule, lack of management contact, visibility, and direct contactor knowledge about resaidents
Authoritarian managers who talk at you, not with you.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Tumwater, WashingtonMarch 7, 2016
Very high turnover, except for the ethnic workers who have lots of friends on staff. Awful pay with low moral and feels like an oppressive regime with very little communication with staff. If you are ready to act as a lowly surf who asks no questions, then its a great place to work.

Completely unrealistic expectations for direct care workers in assisted living.
Pros
free lunches if you work the whole day and lovely residents
Cons
Absolutely nothing progressive about this place.
Worst place I have ever worked.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Unfortunately, this company should get out of the Senior Care industry. They are putting their resident's lives in danger. I am quite surprised that State Licensing has not shut them down.

Poor HR policies, inadequate staffing,training and, without a doubt, poor resident care. The caregivers try so hard (most of them) to provide the best care possible but do not have one ounce of support from the corporate office.

Beautiful building.... ugly corporate operation
Pros
Friendly caregivers trying to do their best
Cons
No support from the company/corporate office
Good work environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 20, 2015
Great work environment, have good team and wonderful residents, beautiful building. Company provides poor benefits, non-competitive pay rate with few raises.
Pros
hours
benefits
Poor
Staff (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 17, 2015
I put 2 weeks in expecting to be paid my pto per their policy and did not receive it after working my notice out called about it and they ignore you staffing awful management was awful
Pros
Cons
Poor health insurance poor working atmosphere poor management
short staffed, over worked, no days off.
Glen Oaks Urbandale (Current Employee) –  Glen Oaks Urbandale, IowaOctober 1, 2014
Too many managers. The Food svc and Maintenance managers have more control over nursing staff than the DON. You are required to do housekeeping, set up, serve, and cleaning of dining room. Always short staffed. Management has no clue! poorly treated. Expected to work over time without asking. Put on schedule w/o being asked. Not enough cna's on duty ever!!! JEA needs to come in and fire all managers. The residents should come first not the managers ideoscyncrasies! Place is dirty and smells of urine.
Pros
Residents
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JEA Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5