JEA Senior Living Employee Reviews

Absolutely NOT a good place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 24, 2018
A typical day at work begins by 6 am. Morning staff are usually hard working and at the top of their game. Unfortunately, the admin and charge nurse only come to work everyday to eavesdrop, loaf around and accuse hard working morning staff about not doing their jobs.

Apart from the poor working and managerial atmosphere, there is a perpetual shortage of staff as well as a very high staff turnover due to poor working conditions and pay (a disgraceful $12 per hour). The few existing staff are overworked, micromanaged and under compensated in terms of PTO, dental and health insurance. There is no 401k! Take note!

To cut the long story short, working at Edgemont Place will be a decision you will regret.
Pros
Cons
Very low pay
Beautiful courtyard
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WANovember 12, 2018
Administrator doesn't care about employees. The nursing and activities staff do their best to provide a happy and healthy environment for the residents to live in though. Extremely rewarding, although very emotionally stressful due to the nature of the job. You either don't like memory care, or you absolutely love it
Terrible management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bryan TXOctober 19, 2018
Dietary manager at the Bryan Texas location is the most unprofessional “MANAGER” I’ve ever ran into in a work place. Barely knew her workers name. Allowed other coworkers to talk crazy to new hires! All around unprofessional. Only positive thing I can say about the place is the pay was good! Don’t waste your time applying.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management
Awesome staff and work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Clinton UtahOctober 15, 2018
I’ve only been At Barrington for 6 months but I have really enjoyed working here. The staff was immediately welcoming when I came here. I actually have bosses that are always there and helpful when needed instead of having a boss that won’t show up or even help out. This has been a great company to work for so far.
Pros
Paid vacation, set schedule and floating holidays.
Best company I’ve worked for!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton, UTOctober 15, 2018
I’ve been a CNA going on 4 years. I have worked for JEA for just under two of those years. It is by far the best company I have worked for! The pay is better than anywhere I have been offered. Management is very observant of employees and residents needs. Questions and concerns are quickly heard and taken care of. I feel even though I may just be a CNA, my voice is heard here. Teamwork can be seen throughout. Caring for these sweet residents is absolutely the best and I can’t see myself leaving any time soon. Love JEA!
Pros
Caring for the residents and meeting their amazing families, pay, teamwork
I love my Job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton, UTOctober 11, 2018
This is the best job I have ever had. Unlike many people, I do not dread going to work on Mondays, nor anyway for that matter. My supervisor cares about me, and everyone else I work with. The culture is such a good collaborative place, I know I can count on anyone helping me with anything. I can promise families about the care that they will receive, because I know that they will. I even have family members living here! I feel good about my job, and the folks that we get to take care of.
Pros
Getting to know awesome family and residents, taking care of people with a rich history of knowledge and experiences.
Awesome Place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Clinton, UTOctober 11, 2018
I have worked for JEA for nearly 2 years. They have been really good to me. I receive plenty of recognition and I absolutely love my job. I don't know why anyone could have written a negative review about this place, but they were obviously bitter. And the one that was the food service director was being negligent and reckless, so we couldn't have that. Obviously! Great place to work! Love my job!
Worst place, 6-2 Nurse is an old bully
Resident care (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 2, 2018
Poor management, 6-2 nurse was a bully and ran the facility instead of the HSD or administrator. If the 6-2 nurse didn’t like you she would make your life horrible. Don’t not work here, you will regret it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Management is unprofessional and childish. They speak to you in a demeaning way. The choose favorites over quality workers.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  amherst, nySeptember 14, 2018
Management is unprofessional, uneducated and present child like behaviors. They show favoritism with certain staff. They are one of the worst companies i have ever worked for. There is certain staff that do inappropriate things to the residents. If I could rate them a 0 i would!
Not a good place to work or a place where elderly are well taken care of.
Caregiver (Full-Time) and med tech (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 6, 2018
I worked work Pacific Garden last year and until this moment I've hear and experience the worst of it. Caregivers don't last more than a week. Management is never there always out going for lunch and other things and the try to hide from workers to not answer questions about the residents. Residents are not well taken care of and some caregivers are very rude to them and management covers them. I saw so many wrong things and was never taken care of. I was always too scared to mention anything to families. I have so much to say but this would have to be it.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Not always get breaks, overworked, bad management etc.
Pca
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 29, 2018
Not a good place too work it's so messy and lot of drama they have care givers answering phones doors and taking care of residents they don't acknowledge how good of a side you are always under staff
Rewarding, Enjoyable place to work
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 10, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. This is the best job I have had. The entire staff (management included) are a great group to work with. This is one of the best working environments I have ever had. I can see staying here until I decide to retire.
I love my job!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 10, 2018
If you want to work in a place that is full of love, gives the residents dignity, and everyone feels like family...this is the place for YOU! I have worked in other long term care facilities and I know what bad care looks like. Its not here. The food is delicious, the care is exceptional, and the love is felt for our friends that live here in our community. Please join me in honoring these beautiful residents with being part of our family at a JEA community. They really take memory care to a new level!
Pros
Loving, Clean, Clean, Clean!
Horrible
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 8, 2018
This concept is great but the way the treat the residents is awful. You would have to hide the current residents with behaviors just so they can portray everything is peachy. The management is evil and spiteful.
Pros
Love Residents, Pay
Cons
Horrible Management
Incompetent Senior Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 2, 2018
Regional management neglected operations for years resulting in serious deficiencies in care and staff training. Conflicting direction from regional managers caused confusion for staff and managers. Total lack of corporate oversight. Serious and regular management turnover which has come to the attention of state licensing.
Pros
Interaction with families and residents, great managers
Cons
Everything else
A great place to work
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 10, 2018
I've worked for JEA for almost three years now and have nothing but the best to say. Their dedication to their mission of care is second to none. The focused and detail driven staff here make work seem easy and enjoyable. Supervision take the time to get to know staff in meaningful ways. Staff show great joy in what they do, not only because they know how important the work they do is, but because they get to see the joy it brings to the residents.
Staffer
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 26, 2018
As the new staffer I love my new role after being promoted from a caregiver. I love taking care of residents and that is so present from all staff especially the management. I have even seen the Nursing Director and Administrator feeding residents or toilet residents when we are short staff for the shift anywhere else I have worked. Truly cool that everyone help each other. Come work here all the new staff is so positive and work as a team.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Temporary Job
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed being able to work alone, but did not enjoy the working environment. I was given many different conflicting instructions on how to fix or improve my working process. I was given only one or two days of on the job training and then was expected to handle all responsibilities and problems myself with no room for error. Management was either too involved or not involved at all. Working with the elderly was humbling and fulfilling.
Pros
Free lunches, helping people
Cons
Poor management, unfriendly coworkers
This place is a JOKE
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 18, 2018
The company offered many promises but few fulfilled. Although the company was recently opened, so many employees have come and gone.There was too much management, but yet no one had a clue of how to manage. Too much management but no one is capable of managing their own department, you have maintenance management managing nursing staff, how is that even possible? Communication management managing kitchen department, just everywhere it’s a ridiculously easy workload but when you have clueless management leading you the place is chaos. A pure joke I feel bad from the family paying over $5,000 out of pocket, no insurance covering for the type of care they receive. From the food to the poor nursing staff. The company hires anyone off the street it’s ridiculous. What a big disappointment. The staff does not receive any additional dementia training, no one is a dementia specialist there it’s ridiculous.
Cons
Great company, great culture, amazing story
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJune 17, 2018
Overall JEA has been a great fit for me and my life. They cherish their residents, families and employees. The regional team and support is phenomenal! I love the story of the company. It all started with a son who wanted to provide the best Alzheimer’s care for his mother, through personalized care, learning about and loving the residents.

They really want you to have the work home life balance, which is what I have loved the most. However, working in healthcare- we all know it’s a 24-7 field. This happens whether you work for JEA or not.

I have very few complaints about JEA, the reimbursement process is crazy. The benefits arent great (I’m lucky enough to not have to use them) and the pay is lower than some local competitors. But for me, it’s worth every penny!
Pros
Company Mission, work homelife balance, residents & families
Cons
Benefits, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JEA Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7