JEA Culture reviews

Depending on the specific department, can be very rewarding, or very oppressive.
Pipefitter Crewleader UIS (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2019
A full work day, so time passes quickly. Working in the water department keeps a lot of variety in the daily tasks. Management could be better, but there is good training for management. The workplace culture can be quite hostile, upper management is trying to correct this, but many entrenched individuals have not been dealt with. The most challenging and also most rewarding part of the job is serving the community during emergencies and Storm Duty.
Pros
Good pay, good safety practices, rewarding serving the community.
Cons
High degree of hidden Nepotism and corruption
Great pay, very poor management, toxic work environment, very cut throat and stressful due to poor management team!
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleNovember 11, 2018
Wouldn’t do it, great pay everything else sucks especially the JEA management team! They don’t care about employees would rather get rid of people rather than work with them. Always on your back about something you can’t control like sample results, phantom fecal failures etc. Toxic work environment has been created by the management team!
Pros
Salary, time off
Cons
Stressful, toxic work environment. Poor management, cut throat employees and management. Very poor work culture and management on your back constantly.
workplace, games
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  21 West Church StreetOctober 9, 2018
Work day is steady and productive. I learned the importance of meeting deadlines and providing information as needed for management. Being on time to work, calling in must be before your start time. Discussing your work classification that you feel you need more training to management will result in more training. training was available for all department. I experienced that the hardest part of my job were maintaining professional customer service and safety procedures. Respect each and every co-worker. The most enjoyable part of my job having every up to date computer and software.
Pros
Free lunch during monthly meetings
Cons
Health care and on site Gym
Crazy Town
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2018
Poor Leadership, terrible work culture. You are unappreciated but the pay is good. Employees with tenure are counting the days to retirement. The worst place I have ever worked.
Provides Good Perks, but dislike workplace culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2017
JEA provides excellent benefits to include defined benefit plan, flexible spending account, 401k. In addition, they offer on-site educational opportunities and wellness events. I'm not impressed with the culture of JEA; the people are not very friendly and for the most part very arrogant
Productive, fun work place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for Jea, also there was great team work, I've learned a lot of things. This job gave me great experience, What a great work place
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Planner Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2017
Great culture, fun place to work! Very collaborative environment where managers empower employees to voice opinions and ideas at all times. Overall, I recommend!
Pros
Work hours and time off
Cons
It takes time for co-workers to warm up to you.
An organization with resident focused care
Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 5, 2017
Working for JEA has been a positive experience overall. Their philosophy on resident care is faithfully practiced and the overall work environment is pleasant.
My main complaint is their lack of competitiveness in the area of compensation and benefits. The bonus structure for CRD's is the worst I've seen and virtually non-existent, and their benefits are minimal. I would also like to see more opportunity for advancement from within the company.
Ever changing work environment and challenging and rewarding work
C.F.B. Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2016
Ever changing work environment accompanied by challenging and rewarding work in an evolving power generation market. Although JEA is a city owned utility it functions more like a competitive business in the real world.
Pros
Pension, security
Best job ever
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2015
This was the best job ever. I was laid off in 2008, but I learned great customer service and how to be the best contact represent ever. The managers had been there a very long time and will assist until the end. The hardest part of this job was leaving. I enjoyed working with everyone there. They were extremely friendly and was always willing to help. I learned how to handle the most irate customers to the most difficult.
Awesome
Customer Service/Account Receivables Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great
Process Improvement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2014
Great Company! I enjoyed going to this place daily. The sad part is that I was a temporary employee.
Great Managers! Overall great place to work!
GIS Technician/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pearl St Maintenance FacilityApril 24, 2014
For the most part JEA is great place with great people. Life/work balance is great. Had I worked at the tower I would still be there.
Pros
Great wages, benefits
Cons
Co-worker and facility working conditions where I was located were poor.
Human Resources
Human Resources Consultant I-Benefits Administer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2013
With JEA i work with all of JEA employees and retirees making sure that there benefits needs are met. Management is not dependable. great co-Workers
Very Productive Workplace
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2012
I have fond memories from working with JEA. My fellow coworkers were so helpful and encouraging. I do miss working there.