Jean Brooks Landscapes
Jean Brooks Landscapes Employee Review

Jean Brooks Landscapes Executive assistant to the President Review - You will find a life here!

January 21, 2014
I worked at JBL for just under ten years. I found that if you can work hard here and you don't complain you will find amazing rewards. The management is so generous around the holidays and with personal issues. The work is hard I wont lie, however they make it really fun! You will work at amazing places all over the Boston area and be part of a highly respected highly skilled team of designers, gardeners, construction workers and irrigation specialists; Landscapers. A typical day starts at 7:30 with a light hearted company meeting then everyone is sent to projects depending on the schedule. You will be taught everything you can possibly imagine about the different services provided and even be compensated for continuing your education. It's a family owned and operated company so you can expect a warm, friendly and approachable management who will happily cater to your concerns. You will laugh everyday on this job! Your co-workers will be skilled, compassionate people, there are rarely those "grumpy, don't talk to me" people. I'll reiterate that the work is hard, you dig a lot, you lift a lot, and you plant a lot, but keep in mind that hard work is heavily rewarded, It's done outside, and in some of the most beautiful places in Boston. Being a highly reputable company focusing on high end projects there is money to be made, if you work hard and you are loyal. You wake up early, but you also get out a little earlier then most jobs. Finally, this is a seasonal business so as a landscaper you will be laid off for a couple winter months so be prepared to hibernate, - more...
Pros
Benefits, generous management, high-end clients, no homework, get your hands dirty, boots, clothes, pruners and rain gear all provided.
Cons
Early start, rain or shine, physically demanding