Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union

Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union Employee Reviews

Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Behind the times and COVID exposed it

Came from another credit union's call center into a Member Service Rep position hoping to be spending more time in face-to-face interactions with members. The reality with COVID was that MSRs became additional call center reps. Upper management has consistently given me a 50-call quota which feels unreasonable, the mental health impacts of COVID et al notwithstanding, and seemingly without much allowance for in-branch tasks and member follow-ups. My fmr CU's call center was big enough that I doubt branch MSRs had to convert to pseudo-call center reps.

Pros

Good benefits and pay, good coworkers and workplace culture, no day later than 6:30pm

Cons

Poor adjustment to COVID, way too much paperwork for too many transactions

Productive & fun workplace. Everyone was friendly & quite helpful

I really enjoyed the receptionist/front desk position even though it was only for a short time as I was filling in for someone else. Everyone was very friendly & were more than happy to help out anytime I had a question or problem. I would’ve been very happy to continue working at Jeanne D’Arc if a part time position were available.

Always very busy

I was a teller. The managers were never there to help. They expect you to do things not listen in your job description for little pay. The workers all had their own clicks so it was hard to talk to anything. Members can be rude and expect you to know who they are and what they want.

Cons

Short breaks, bad pay

Best Job I've Ever Had!!!!

I absolutely loved working here!! I was hired as a LPT teller when I was in high school and it was probably the best decision I ever made. I made great pay, had amazing coworkers, and you can tell upper management truly cares about its employees. Each branch is relatively small, so you end up being really close with your coworkers and I have honestly never met a JDCU employee I didn't like. It was also a great resume booster when applying to different business schools, and you truly do learn a lot while working within the branch so if you are thinking of working in business I would definitely recommend working here. The only thing I did not like this job is that it is not flexible for college students, they are not flexible with allowing leaves for school and it was actually the reason I had to quit. I was so sad to leave as I genuinely did like working here and I still miss it to this day :-(

Pros

great pay, great management, great work atmosphere

Cons

not flexible for college students

Amazing Company

Jeanne D'arc really values their employees and everyone works together as a team to accomplish things. The management is very approachable and there is many opportunities to grow in the company.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Managment takes employee satisfaction and well being into serious consideration

This was a great place to work. I enjoyed coming to work each day, interacting with my co-workers. A very professional and friendly atmosphere. My manager was one of the best people I had the pleasure of ever working with.

A Typical day at work

Managers are understanding to each of our needs. The CEO takes the time to greet us and know us by name. Feels like a family working here. Great place to work.

Pros

Community Service Involvement

Cons

Driving distance from home

nice coworker

can be busy at times, but there was a time you had to work evenings .I was able to cross train which helped me learn a lot. not a lot of room for advancement during the time I was employed there.

Pros

nice people

Cons

advancement

JDCU was a great company to work for it.

The day at work was great, I learned to be a resources for my customers. Management was excellent. Workplace culture as a family. The hardest part of the job was the little time of the day to work at JDCU. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked to get the customers need met.

Pros

Great family company

Cons

Eliminated my job.

Depends on management

Can advance if you get the right manager. It can be difficult if you work in a much faster pace branch. For the most part a good job but can be stressful for the pay.

Jobs at Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union

See more jobs

Quick Turnover, Low Salary, Fast paced Enviroment

Recently at Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union, there has been extreme trouble with a fast turnover. New employees aren't satisfied with the job responsibilities that co-inside with the low pay. This makes the typical work day difficult for long-term, full-time employees due to low staffing and excessive mistakes affecting members. Jeanne D'Arc, in most branches, is a fast-paced work environment providing a productive day. As an employee with Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union, you must provide exemplary member service.

okay place to work

okay place. not much room for advancement. make sure credit score is above 650 or you will most likely not get hired. job can be boring at times. management and benefits are good.

Good sense of family/team

Working at JDCU, you really get to know the members that come in and the people you work with. They never make you feel like you are completely alone and you are able to ask questions when needed. They would rather have you ask questions than do something you should not have done. The workers care about one another and even their regular members that come in every week and even every day.

Has its ups and downs

Every time I would try to advance they would hold me back. Had no respect for my family during a hard time. Talked down to me and would make me feel horrible.

Great Bank

I loved working at JDCU, the members where always very nice and excited to see you. The environment was tough sometimes but it was easy to bring up issues with everyone.

Great company

Great small company to work for management is great. everyone is very friendly and kind. you feel like family with the amount of members you help out each day

N/a

I have worked at the credit union for many years and would recommend this company to others who are looking for an opportunity.

Its an Ok job

Very long hours, management could be better, if you don't meet the managers standards they will constantly pull you into there office even for the littlest things.

Fun Place to work

Teller line would really stay steady. I learn how to do different jobs besides just teller duties. Management and co workers were all about team work. The hardest part was not a lot of room for advancement when I was employed, their was only one Branch at the time I was employed

Pros

Christmas Bonus

Cons

Only one branch existed at the time I worked there

Productive and friendly place to work.

I enjoyed working for the Credit Union but due to personal reasons I had to leave for a part-time daytime job only.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight