Jeffco Public Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a Fair environment
Night Custodian (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, COJuly 9, 2018
Good job for the time that I needed, happy to be leaving. on avrage would just need to clean and had a set schduale and things that needed to be done every night.
Satisfying but low paying!
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJune 7, 2018
Fast paced, involved position with many needs to be met. Very collaborative staff create a work environment where paras are given the tools to be as effective in providing support to students as teachers.
Many responsibilities come with the job, but mostly passionate staff developed a culture of "can do" - with or without resources.
Its always students first!
Pros
Fulfilling (but exhausting) job. Many opportunities to interract with students, parents etc
Cons
Terrible pay with no salary options, so no money during breaks. Very little resources to meet the basic demands of the job.
Jeff-slow
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 28, 2018
I have worked for jeffco public schools for 16 years it was great at first 7 years pay great coast of living great. csea made every classifield and teacher force pay cut strip of coast of living so superintend could keep there bounes never fight for heart soul of there job.
Pros
retierment
Cons
everthing else
N/a
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMay 22, 2018
Learned management skills, cash handling, portion control, book keeping, ordering food for the following week, tempatures. Clean up at the end of the day.
Pros
Lunchbreaks, time off during the sumner
Cons
Pay isnt all that well
Ok
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMay 10, 2018
Paid time off and sick leave are generous. Pay for IT related positions is below average. Upper management is out of touch with the work that is actually happening. Coworkers are great for the most part. Health benefits are terrible.
Pros
Pto, family friendly working environment
Cons
Healthcare, little to no room for advancement
Stressful
Teacher II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 5, 2018
Management doesn't care about its employees. Sick and personal time is not important to the board. Want you to work beyond your stated time. No overtime offered
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Longer hours and no appreciation
It has been awhile...
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Golden, COApril 24, 2018
Cafeteria was hard work and food not appreciated by students. Underpaid and over worked but good relations with those I worked with. Substituting was fun but students were difficult.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Hot work environment.
Teachers are helpful and well prepared
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Golden, COApril 22, 2018
I have enjoyed subbing in Jeffco County Public schools because the teachers always had their lesson plans and materials ready for me, and the other teachers in the building were very helpful.
Pros
Lesson plans were always ready
Good District
PreK-12 Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Golden, COApril 9, 2018
Depending on the school Jeffco has some great students. Pay is not the greatest. Administration in schools are usually pretty good.
Teaching is not something you enter to become rich.
Quick-paced environment
Night Custodian (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COApril 8, 2018
Assigned to a section of a school to clean nightly.
Needed higher-than-average time management skills.
Needed above average individual work with light team work on special nights, such as school events or programs.

Management was excellent.
Workplace culture was very relaxed.
Hardest part of the job was detail work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making an area your own -- exceptional cleanliness and readying the school for the next day of operations.
Pros
Paid lunch, generous breaks, friendly staff
Cons
School events, school sports and heavy detail work.
Jefferson County Public Schools
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 29, 2018
JEFFCO schools is an excellent school system and have always rated high in the educational field. I worked for many schools as a substitute and contracted teacher for 26 years. Dedicated teachers make differences in student's lives and I did that. While under contract, I taught 5-6 and 1-2. I was recognized as Teacher of the Year in 1997. I have always carried a profound love for children and teaching them.
Pros
working with children and teaching them
Cons
accountability
Workplace Review
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 29, 2018
It was an OK place to work. Loved the school schedule, but didn't like not getting paid over the summer or holidays. Benefits could be better, and didn't like not getting to use my earned paid time off as I wanted to.
Many Opportunities
Office Manager/IT Trainer and help desk support (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 27, 2018
I started in accounting, and advanced to opening a brand new school as the office manager. I was responsible for running the Local Area Network, building the Master Schedule and scheduling students while managing an office team of 5. I accepted the many opportunities that were presented to me and enjoyed my entire tenure.
bad
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 23, 2018
terrible work place. No communication between upper management and field teams. Horribly treated. Not enough staffing. Funding not prioritized on employee's needs.
Pros
Cons
everything
Easy, routine, and pays well
Head Custodian I (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 20, 2018
I am a head custodian for Jefferson County, and have found it to be a pretty good place to work. I make decent money, and have a set schedule which is very nice. The job (as custodian) is incredibly easy, and hardly ever a stressful job. I would say that the negative side is the drama that happens, and how the higher up management doesn't always seem to care. People get away with a lot of stuff at jefferson county, and I wish they gave you the year's vacation time all at once and not accumulated. Aside from that, the job works and isnt the worst job to have although it can get rather boring.
quality educators and leader
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 17, 2018
I will continue to work with Jeffco Public Schools. I enjoy the educators, students and atmosphere. Due to having summer months off, I hope to work with children throughout the summer months. I enjoy being an active, compassionate, responsible addition to a quality child care and/or development program.
Substitue Perspective
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jefferson County, COMarch 6, 2018
I have had an outstanding experience so far substituting for Jefferson County Schools for all grade levels ECE-12. The communities I have taught in have been very caring. I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with different grade levels to find my fit in education.
Pros
Great communities.
Cons
N/a
I worked as an Elementary Substitute Teacher
Elementary Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 3, 2018
As an Elementary Substitute Teacher, I was "on call" to fill in for classroom teachers. I worked all over the county, following the teacher lesson plans. I often worked with ESL students in low income communities.
Pros
Flexibity in schedule
Cons
No Benefits
Interact with students and staff on a daily basis
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 27, 2018
Jeffco schools provides good benefits, as welll as good working hours. A typical day is very involved with maintaining a safe a secure school environment.
My Crew was the best
Food Service Handler (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 22, 2018
I was assigned to Manning Jr High School. My boss and co-worker were the two best people I every had the pleasure of working with. They were both very kind, helpful and taught me well for the work I was to preform.