Jefferies LLC Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for.
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 12, 2018
Jefferies was a good company to work for. The daily work was always challenging. I enjoyed working with the people at Jefferies.
My job entailed the settlement of all fixed income and MBS trades on a daily basis . I also supported the Middle Office desk and worked closely with the Finance desk making sure Jefferies exposure was always kept to a minimum.
The work place culture was good until upper management began to look for ways to outsource our positions , which they finally did last August.
Summer Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
Overall a great work environment with very talented people who are willing to help and mentor the interns. Would definitely recommend applying here. Tough selection process but the compensation and learning is very worth it.
Pros
free coffee
N/a
Vice President, Emerging Markets Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2018
I do not feel comfortable discussing my time in depth there. It is a standard firm that tries to carve a niche for itself as a nimple financial player.
love this company
Intern, Investment Banking Controllers Department (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 14, 2018
Pros

- Pay depends on where you sit and how well you perform. Can get paid above street & peers, but will depend on how hard you work and a bit of luck
- One of the last banks with an old school Wall Street culture
- Jefco is a tough place to work, but your experience will allow you to migrate to another bank or industry with ease
- You'll learn to adapt, survive, and play office politics well
- If your young and bring new talents to the table, you can outperform senior folks stuck in their way
Fun and relaxed atmos
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Fun work environment . Lots of smart people.
Lacks delegation. Big turnover of personnel
A bit sectarian ,specially among old employees.
Slight resistance to change
great people to work with
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
Work was steady and they gave the opportunity to frow and learn new things. People were great and teamwork was encouraged. Management was great to work for, firm but fair.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
eating lunch at your desk
Good time
Investment Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
Very happy with my time spent at Jefferies. Positioned me well for whatever comes next. Feel I was able to see a wide range of deals and had good exposure to senior management / clients.
Decent place to work
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Workplace culture can be challenging. Level at which you enter the company is key to advancement. Not a warm and fuzzy atmosphere. Not much direction. Good for a self motivated person.
Pros
Typical full accompaniment of employee benefits
Great Learning Experience
Operations Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Jefferies because of the amount of learning opportunities and connection with management. They made the intern experience exciting and showed off the different facets of the bank.
Tough Work Environment
Emerging Markets Product Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
I worked in Product Control for Fixed Assets in an environment that catered to the whim of its traders regardless of how outlandish. The employees on the desk were allowed to foster hostile work environments and were demeaning and disrespectful to their support staff. The Product Control management team was callous and uninterested in work life balance or basic parental accommodations such as allowing an employee to take their allotted paternity leave.
nice place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
Smaller firm provides wider exposure to various areas of bank. Learning is encouraged and mangers are willing to help juniors come up to speed with various wall street trading conventions
Smart and driven people
FO Consultant, Fixed Income Business Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2018
Jefferies is fast paced and entrepreneurial environment

Management did not make you feel like you were at the bottom of the chain, it was open door policy

Hours can be long and demanding

IT support can use improvement

Overall, people are friendly and approachable
Pros
career advancement, tons of learning
Excellent workplace
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
A Daily heavy fast pace work environment in Latam world and Canada. I developed a lot of good work relationships in the International world with other firms and clients as well. Our manager was always hands on and helpful and always willing to teach and train anyone. Especially our summer Interns. A good work environment and team work all around the office.Everyone is very cooperative. Jefferies also offers training classes online and in class.
Jefferies
Product Controller (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 29, 2018
Good place to work in, I was able to placed in a department that allowed me to develop my skills and competency in the organization. Mid class executives treated me with respect.
Small Prime Brokerage that afforded a lot
Vice President, Prime Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 24, 2018
My time at Jefferies was short but I learned the business front to back. Great technology and very good people. Was always a full day at the office and you really had control of your time.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Business did not grow
Worst Company I ever Worked For
Helpdesk team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 22, 2018
I have no idea how they are still in business. This place was an absolute joke. Take about the 1%! Management, colleagues, and everyone in general just didn't care about each other at all.
A Learning experience
Sales Assistant-Equities (temporary position) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 13, 2018
Very challenging which is something that I enjoyed. Very rewarding. It was a contract job unfortunately and I would welcome the opportunity to work for this company. I love dealing with people.
Excellent Place to Work at
AML-Operations Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 9, 2018
Jefferies was a very good company for me to work at as at the time , I had lost my job at Barclays and was looking for another position, and they were difficult to come by. I was able to secure an AML- Operations Compliance Analyst position and it gave me opportunities to broaden my horizons
Pros
As mentioned above
Middle market investment bank
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
High transaction volume in some groups. Good work experience for younger bankers. Average compensation and benefits. Review the bonus claw back and garden leave carefully before signing.
A great career
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Jefferies. The work was very rewarding. It was a challenging job and required lots of hard work and long hours. I made great friends there though and I'll never forget my time working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferies LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jefferies LLC.

Powered by Comparably