Jefferies LLC Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Workplace culture can be challenging. Level at which you enter the company is key to advancement. Not a warm and fuzzy atmosphere. Not much direction. Good for a self motivated person.
Pros
Typical full accompaniment of employee benefits
Great Learning Experience
Operations Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Jefferies because of the amount of learning opportunities and connection with management. They made the intern experience exciting and showed off the different facets of the bank.
Tough Work Environment
Emerging Markets Product Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
I worked in Product Control for Fixed Assets in an environment that catered to the whim of its traders regardless of how outlandish. The employees on the desk were allowed to foster hostile work environments and were demeaning and disrespectful to their support staff. The Product Control management team was callous and uninterested in work life balance or basic parental accommodations such as allowing an employee to take their allotted paternity leave.
nice place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
Smaller firm provides wider exposure to various areas of bank. Learning is encouraged and mangers are willing to help juniors come up to speed with various wall street trading conventions
Smart and driven people
FO Consultant, Fixed Income Business Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2018
Jefferies is fast paced and entrepreneurial environment

Management did not make you feel like you were at the bottom of the chain, it was open door policy

Hours can be long and demanding

IT support can use improvement

Overall, people are friendly and approachable
Pros
career advancement, tons of learning
Excellent workplace
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
A Daily heavy fast pace work environment in Latam world and Canada. I developed a lot of good work relationships in the International world with other firms and clients as well. Our manager was always hands on and helpful and always willing to teach and train anyone. Especially our summer Interns. A good work environment and team work all around the office.Everyone is very cooperative. Jefferies also offers training classes online and in class.
Jefferies
Product Controller (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 29, 2018
Good place to work in, I was able to placed in a department that allowed me to develop my skills and competency in the organization. Mid class executives treated me with respect.
Small Prime Brokerage that afforded a lot
Vice President, Prime Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 24, 2018
My time at Jefferies was short but I learned the business front to back. Great technology and very good people. Was always a full day at the office and you really had control of your time.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Business did not grow
Worst Company I ever Worked For
Helpdesk team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 22, 2018
I have no idea how they are still in business. This place was an absolute joke. Take about the 1%! Management, colleagues, and everyone in general just didn't care about each other at all.
A Learning experience
Sales Assistant-Equities (temporary position) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 13, 2018
Very challenging which is something that I enjoyed. Very rewarding. It was a contract job unfortunately and I would welcome the opportunity to work for this company. I love dealing with people.
Excellent Place to Work at
AML-Operations Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 9, 2018
Jefferies was a very good company for me to work at as at the time , I had lost my job at Barclays and was looking for another position, and they were difficult to come by. I was able to secure an AML- Operations Compliance Analyst position and it gave me opportunities to broaden my horizons
Pros
As mentioned above
Middle market investment bank
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
High transaction volume in some groups. Good work experience for younger bankers. Average compensation and benefits. Review the bonus claw back and garden leave carefully before signing.
A great career
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Jefferies. The work was very rewarding. It was a challenging job and required lots of hard work and long hours. I made great friends there though and I'll never forget my time working there.
Fast-paced
QlikView Developer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 1, 2018
Its a fast-paced work culture over there. People are friendly and collaborative. Team-management is good. Good communication is encouraged. Its a good firm to work with.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
Low key work environment. Firm has minimal product offering and lots of stagnation. It seems that people just want to be there to finish out their careers and are happy with status quo.
Pros
work, life balance
Cons
stagnant, minimal opportunities for promotion
Executive protection chauffeur (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Many hours working with the CEO good overall working environment and the office location is very easy to get to- going to put in many hours overall good place to work
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Excellent Place to Be
AML Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
It was excellent, good people great atmosphere. The work was very challenging, and I really liked what I did. There were a lot of folks that were there from prior jobs, and that made it great there as well.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2018
They value their employees with great benefits and a great work life balance. It was a fun job with a fast pace but there was always time to play. My experience at Jefferies was a very good one.
Pros
the little perks
Cons
No Cons
fast paced, stressful fun
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 15, 2018
worked with CEO and CFO of companies that want to bring there companies public. I was in charge of getting private plans, and putting together investors so they can hear there story
Pros
learned alot
Cons
had to leave to leave because I was moving
Great company but bad management
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Jefferies was a great company to work for but unfortunately I had a horrible senior manager that made coming to work challenging and due to the small size of personnel, the loudness voice always prevailed.
Pros
Excellent location in NYC and JC. The company itself is good.
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferies LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about