Jefferson Center for Mental Health Employee Reviews

The Mountain Team was awesome
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, COJune 22, 2018
I loved all my co- workers and clients and will miss them dearly!
Maintaining confidentiality and had the ability to calm unsettled clients in the mental health industry
Scheduled and coordinated all therapy and prescriber appointments on the company's Avatar software program.
Handled filing, record keeping, cash receipt logs in inner office mail for several offices in the mountain communities
In charge of ordering all office supplies and necessary inventory for the mountain offices
Good mission
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJune 12, 2018
They do a lot of good for the community and they stand by their mission every day. Good leadership in their senior management personnel and they did great at promoting within.
Great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJune 6, 2018
Great people, I enjoy working with folks across programs. Very mission driven, provides great services to all clients. Dynamic work in a pleasant environment.
Low pay
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COApril 27, 2018
Low pay and high cost for benefits. No potential for promotion or professional growth. This is a job not a career. It was nice to provide help to clients who really needed us.
Medical Records
Internship Student (Current Employee) –  Northglenn, COApril 20, 2018
these are the tasks that i perform. Scanning, Faxing, Data entry, release of records, denial. Everyone is a pleasure to work with and very respectful.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Excellent, smart, capable people who have a cooperative spirit and have a heart to help others, but challenged by increasing workloads and limited $$
Marketing Manager, Sr. Writer (Former Employee) –  Greater Denver AreaMarch 23, 2018
Good people with a spirit that everyone helps everyone. No ugly back-biting. Occasional fun outings to help boost morale.

Funding concerns meant however that many departments were down several employees but the workload stayed the same and often increased. A good culture but building stress over the never-ending workload and deadlines. People are handling it well and professionally, but that doesn't erase that it is a factor.
Pros
Great people to work with, good cooperative, supporting culture. Generous paid time off
Cons
As mentioned, increasing workload with several job attritions not being replaced with new hires
The best job I have had working in the behavioral/mental health field
Health Home Coordinator Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 16, 2018
Easily the best job I have had in the mental health field. Jefferson Center works hard to ensure that employees don't get burnt out despite the sometimes stressful parts of working in the mental health field. Work life balance is respected and encouraged. My position is grant funded so on one hand the pay is just okay but because of the grant Jefferson Center was able to pay me a bit more, more than some clinicians probably make. Jefferson Center makes up for the pay with benefits and scheduling flexibility. They work with working parents which is great because if your kid gets sent home sick from daycare you don't have to worry about losing your job. They sometimes let me work from home so I don't have to use up all my vacation time when my child is sick. Overall I would recommend this organization in a heartbeat.
Pros
work life balance, create your own schedule, good health insurance options, passionate coworkers, kind managers
Cons
low pay depending on the position, lack of room to advance career, some managers don't do well in interdepartment communication, collaboration with their primary care partner is a night mare
High Expectations, but great culture
Outpatient Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jefferson County, COFebruary 13, 2018
The organization sets high expectations for employees, but also tries very hard to support employees in meeting those expectations. Overall it is a great place to work.
I was able to introduce Cultural Competency Initiative
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COFebruary 7, 2018
Not enough advancement from Navigator to Therapist which was my specialty. MY position was helping consumers navigate social services/ mental health/ food stamps and community resources. It was gratifying to help clients with support systems and provide bi-cultural and bilingual services to Spanish Speaking Clients.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Down sized the Navigation Dept.
Good organization
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJanuary 17, 2018
Very caring employees, management ability depends on the department, great benefits. Culture is old-fashioned although there can be flexibility in hours depending on the manager.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Few raises or bonuses
PTO aplenty, understanding of life mishaps and flexible with your needs
Residential Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 27, 2017
Jefferson Center provides a lot of paid time off and flexibility to work with your life, when normal life things come up. They do not pay very well, but it is not their fault, it is just the nature of non-profit.
Mission that focuses on needs of community
School Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Arvada, CODecember 1, 2017
Supportive Board of Directors
Incredible benefits
Wellness Hour each week
Competitive Salaries
Strong mission
Strength Finders
Speaker's Bureau opportunities
Lobbyist keeps informed of political decisions
Comforting and sometimes sad place to work, but always hopeful
Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 17, 2017
I learned so many things and finished so many courses, ie; Mental Health First Aid, Trauma Care, Suicide Prevention, Spirituality, and so many more.
I felt at ease there, and so hopeful for my clients, as they started their recovery. Some clients did not work out and walked away, as they were not ready to begin their journey to recovery. Sometimes that happens, but usually they come back and began again, and they are always given that "second" chance. Because, that is what recovery is all about.
Pros
Great benefits, and the pure joy of helping people
Cons
No Wellness classes offered to employees
Great place
Primary therapist/care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 15, 2017
I truly enjoyed my internship experience there. I learned a lot working with clients with SPMI. The supervision was fantastic along with all the folks working there.
ok place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COMay 24, 2017
If your on the bottom trying to work your way up its difficult to excel here. If you are already at the top you will not have a problem and will probably really enjoy it.
Pros
vacation and holiday
Cons
expensive benefits and low wages.
Good place to work at.
Navigation Assistant/Main Operator (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COMay 22, 2017
JCMH is a good place to work at, it can sometimes be stressful, but overall it is a good place to be. It strives for excellent customer service and making sure that the patients are heard, and get everything they need.
Laid back place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 11, 2017
Great benefits, voted top place to work in Colorado 5 years running. People are awesome. Lots of community work and events for the customers and employees.
A nice place to work.
crisis staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 27, 2017
Community Mental Health giving consumers a choice in their mental health services.
LPN my position.
Work days were busy on this crisis unit.
Co-workers were enjoyable & hard working.
Most enjoyable part working with consumers to achieve their optimum potentials.
Pros
Pleasant company to work for.
Cons
Supervisor not always available or on site at our facility.
Solid agency with healthy culture
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Evergreen, CO 80439February 25, 2017
I enjoy working for JCMH and can say that there is a healthy culture and solid teams and experience within the agency.
Respect, interest in individual employees and their needs and facilitating training is valued here to provide the best care for clients.
Wonderful staff that truly care about clients
Can't tell you... (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 4, 2017
Staff at JCMH truly care about clients. Immediate supervisors/managers are great, but the top doesn't really know what is necessary. I have an example, but cannot explain, as it would compromise my identity.
I love working here though and believe in what they are doing. JCMH also gives out cost-of-living raises regardless if they can offer real raises because they do care about their employees.
If positions are eliminated they will find a place for you to work in another location/job, doing their best not to put anyone out of a job! Fabulous company that I highly recommend!
Pros
Company cares about workers & staff cares about clients
Cons
Top level bosses disconnected with reality of bottom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Center for Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight