Jefferson City Public Schools Employee Reviews

Supportive
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 11, 2019
There are lots of opportunities for training and support throughout the school year both on and off campus. Time on usually granted for special events that are out-of-town.
working with children
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 22, 2018
I would start my day off by getting breakfast ready and my cahier ready for the children to come though to get there food during breakfast plus lunch then I would go though each child's account to make sure they had money on there accounts. I would then do all my paper work up for the day to turn into my boss each day. Then I would go help the other ladies clean up the kitchen so we all could go home on time.
productive and growing atmosphere
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Working with Jefferson City Public Schools was a great experience because I liked working with kids. I learned that working with kids isn't easy an you have to be patient and mature
benefits
Cons
short lunch break
Stay away from this district!!!!!!!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  ElementaryApril 22, 2018
If you value quality of life do not work here.
Behavior of children is so bad you cannot teach .
The administration does not support teachers or help you out when you need it.
Administration does not value employees .
The administration does not listen to their employees and keeps secrets from employees. .
Administration puts so much on your plate you can't do anything well.
They have not had a reading ,language, spelling, series for multiple decades.
The kids have too much power.
Good teachers have been quitting for the last ten years bc it is not worth your health/peace of mind to work there.
No support from administration when children yell cuss and throw things.
Not encouraging to their employees.
If you have a child that needs academic help they do not have services for them. A child needs to move to Blair oaks or any surrounding area to receive services.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Focus on the success of all students
School Psychological Examiner (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 31, 2018
Educational environment focused on education of children along with developing well rounded and well adjusted children/adults. Reading is an important focus. With new administration a renewed focus on working together to ensure graduating students that will become adults that are in pursuit of what will allow them the most success personally and professionally.
Pros
Students
Cons
Learning about difficult circumstances for students outside the school day.
Good Hours, Poor Compensation
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 5, 2018
Overall the staff truly care and work together to benefit the mission of the building and the students of the district. Health Services compensation packages are low compared to other districts of the same size. Salary is not equitable to like healthcare positions within the area. While the district overall is working to I’m prove the work culture throughout the district some buildings continue to have poor performance and negative undertones.
Pros
Work hours, positive coworkers
Cons
Compensation, Work culture
Professionals with Students in mind
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 30, 2017
Good Place to Work, Friendly colleagues who keep the interests of the students in mind and striving to be the best district and a difference maker in the state of Missouri
Pros
Good benefits and retirement plan
Productive Workplace Committed to Helping Students
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 28, 2017
Jefferson City Public Schools works tirelessly to help the students from diverse backgrounds find success. There is a balanced emphasis on academics, athletics, and the arts.
Pros
Good School-Community Relationship, Faculty Works Well Together
Cons
Weak Administration Ten Years Ago, Yet Situation Consistently Improves
great place
Maintenance/ Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 26, 2017
i enjoyed working here. it had great people to work with and i liked the fact that i knew people there considering i graduated from school there. i would also recommend this place for anyone who wants to volunteer or work here
Pros
great place to work
Great hours
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 18, 2017
I really liked working at the school, however, the money was an issue while I was a single parent. Enjoyed the hours and being with my kids. Great staff and even better benefits.
Pros
Hours
Cons
salary
Loved working there
Teacher Aide (Paraprofessional) (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 6, 2017
I loved working with all of the kids and I miss each and everyone of them so much. It was fun going back to kindergarten and seeing how much school has changed. It is fun learning new teaching skills and just having fun again. We should all strive to be kids again and just want to have fun
Pros
On school schedule, breaks and summers off
Cons
Was not promised a job year to year
Excellent
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 23, 2017
This was a great place to work. I subbed occasionally and the owner was always so organized and happy. The children always seemed happy as well, which says a lot.
Pros
Small and quaint
Cons
No job advancement opportunities
Great atmosphere to work in.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 29, 2016
I only work part time for the district, so I do not recieve any type of benefits.

I love the job and the people I work with. It is a very nice atmosphere to work in; however, I have a child going to college in a year and need full-time employment.
Pros
It is very flexible. I set my own hours. I love that about my job.
Cons
No benefits
Fun people to work with
Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 5, 2016
Fun atmosphere and great people. I learned that not all work places are not strict and you can and will be able to get all your duties completed.
Jefferson City, school district was a great place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 1, 2015
I was particularly impressed with the school community relations
where parents and relatives are always welcomed. They had parent outreach programs where parents volunteered in the schools and on field trips. Parents were even came in and had lunch with their kids.

For a while I worked as a Facilitator. The hardest part of my job was working with special needs students that needed that one on one attention. On a typical day they were a joy to work with but everyone can't have a good day everyday. Some days a parent might be called in council with their child to make him more compliant.

The co-workers were always great people and great to work with. It takes a team working together to make an environment that conducive to learning. The students are our main objective.

While I worked as a Substitute Teacher classroom management was the main objective because the environment must first be conducive to learning. I took great pride in myself maintaining classroom control, and teaching and following the teachers written daily plans.

The most enjoyable part of the job was always the student teachers interactions and the learning outcome. It made me feel gratified and fulfilled to help students learn and find their ways. I must say that I also learned something everyday, no matter how small it was.

I am well traveled, therefore I learned long before coming the Jefferson City School District that each person is an individual with unique differences and all differences are to be respected. Working in the Jefferson City School District just reminded me
  more... and reinforced what I already knew.  less
Pros
The students and the co-workers were great to work with
Cons
Lunch break longer and better pay
Jefferson City Public Schools is a great place to teach.
Middle School Art & Health Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 4, 2014
I have enjoyed teaching at Thomas Jefferson Middle School for the last 20 years.
A very competitive work environment, especially for minorities
Head Custodian and Floor Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 21, 2012
Worked as a custodian

I learned the importance perusing my own convictions about employment

Management was challenging.

Co-workers were fun

Hardest part of Job? Advancement

Most enjoyable part of the job? students