Jefferson County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great public school career.
Principal, and Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed my years as a teacher, assistant principal, principal and finally central office administrator. Great job helping students and families succeed.
Fun place to work
Para Professional (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COAugust 6, 2018
Loved this job and the atmosphere. Loved the kids and the time teaching them to grow. Management could use some help in understanding and backing up their employees instead of listening to parents 2 cents. ...If I wasn't moving, I would have loved to stay.
Pros
Teaching Children
Cons
management doesn't back up the employee, parents run the school
Escrow
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
I like the work environment but I just don't like the escrow. But over all it is a great place to work for. I love children and I love what I do. But just all the extra money that is taken out of your check I dislike.
Pros
Off days when weather is bad.
Cons
Escrow
Difficult Job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dunstan Middle School, Lakewood Co.July 23, 2018
Teaching middle school is a very difficult job. The last few years the school administration has made that job even more difficult. The demands put on educators today seem to increase every year, way out of proportion to amount of compensation received.
Pros
Indoor work all winter long
Cons
Very demanding and impossible expedtations
Nice job.
Colorado (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 17, 2018
I loved working with the students, my coworkers, and driving a bus. Get up early in the morning, pre-trip your bus, drive kids to school, some routes have a mid-day route to drive, drive kids home in the afternoon. You can make extra money by driving to school events or field trips.
great place lots of cook out and at the end of school year roadeo
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2018
it give you a since of family and some of the school kid are great and I enjoy being there bus driver also the employees always having pitch in and fun riser and the staff are wonderful to work with
Pros
fun place great retirement plan
Cons
not able to make it to grand kids school advent
Fair
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Adult EducationJuly 12, 2018
Poor management due to lack of communication and favoritism among management and staff. As new management came aboard, there came micromanagement also. Employees that were there for yesrs was treated as if we had no expertise in the areas we worked in for years.
Pros
Freedom to perform my job when I started in 2006.
Cons
With new management came micromanagement
Great School!!
Substitute Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loisville KyJuly 12, 2018
Nurturing environment for students, the staff is great and willing to help everyone. I felt privileged to be a part of this great organization. I have learned just as much from the students as they have from me.
same
Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2018
I worked at both Human Resources for Jefferson County Public Schools and for the Early Childhood Education grant. I changed a lot of people's lives by hiring them for full time positions and benefits.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Grant funded
Jeffco Public Schools
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJune 25, 2018
Jeffco Public Schools is a positive place to work. Resources are abundant and leadership is strong. I enjoyed working with the staff who were supportive during the overall process of educating, including the ups and downs.
Long term sub
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 20, 2018
Take over classes when the teacher is unable to work that school year. I teach just about any subject and any grade. I manage classroom behavior and follow lesson plan.
Pros
Love working with kids and teaching
Cons
Working with kids that need more help outside of the school
productive, stressfull but all in a days work to get the job done
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 20, 2018
Safety is our main focus and what we do is get children to their destination in a safe manner. It is a business yet it deals with the public and cares about the concerns of the people and its staff.
Stressful but you work with children
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 14, 2018
This job can teach you more than you know. I've learned a lot about myself, children and many life lessons from those kids and I am eternally grateful.
pay sucks
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 12, 2018
pay is not enough to keep up with cost of living. even after 10 years my pay wasnr even enough to pay all my household bills. Would not go back to this employer.
Pros
na
Cons
summers, and holidays off
Great job for a mom with school-age kids
Instructional Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 11, 2018
Worked with students in 1st through 6th grades individually and in small groups to assist with reading and math skills. Prepared items for teachers' classroom use. Assisted in the office.
Patience is Key
Early Childhood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 10, 2018
Position included front office duties. Make sure to have a lot of patience working with children and adults who act like children. The hardest part was seeing children who came from abusive backgrounds. It is easy to get attached to the children.
Horrible
English Language Arts Teacher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 9, 2018
Why would anyone want to sacrifice their time, money, sanity, and self respect to work in the toxic environment in JCPS? Basically they are taking teachers out of the classroom when there are any minor problems to show the state that they are "tough" on teachers. But it is ridiculous and it's hurting kids.
Bad experience
PreK teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2018
I did not enjoy this place. It was very adversarial. People lied about me and make my life very difficult. I decided it was not worth being away from my family to continue there the next year.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
not enjoyable
No job security even for experienced employees
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2018
On any given day, I had to cover for other teachers because substitutes would not come in. Building old and in poor shape. Seeing insects in classroom a common thing. Administration expectations of excellence high, but not supported by policies and decisions. Communication with administration and district supervisors often lacking. Teachers often not respected as professional experts in their field.
Pros
weekend and holidays off, good health insurance
Cons
see above
know what you are getting into
Instructional Assist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2018
Make sure you can deal with children of all different attitudes before signing on for this job. Children are different than you may think, especially when you have them more than a couple of hours at a time. Also, the majority of people you work with are female, so make sure that is a good environment for you.

All that being said, I love the ladies I worked with!