Jefferson Healthcare

Jefferson Healthcare Employee Reviews

jefferson Healthcare
work hard and alone most days team work very little if any . I mean if you like to work alone in the healthcare field this is the job for you . This was one of my least favorite jobs in as a CNA
Same ol same
not alot of advancement and doesn't pay as good as similar jobs. owner is cheap and benefits are very expensive, no yearly raises and short staffed all the time..do more work with less help
Toxic environment
A small number of employees are treated well here. These are the employees who spend their days hanging out in the manager's office rather than treating patients. The rest of the employees are treated with disrespect and bullying is common. This is not a meritocracy. If you are a skilled and hard-working therapist, this is not the place for you.
Good
Excellent place to work. Pay is fair. People are very polite and kind to work for and with. Very organized and understanding of family emergency. My boss is very pleasant and his door is always open.
great co good benefits
hard work, challenging but rewarding great team work
great management,recognized for performance

great community interaction

felt like you really belonged
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Toxic Environment
Very toxic environment where there is NO trust among staff. Certain employees who are ‘friends’ with the Administrator are allowed to bully and micromanage employees and then report to corporate when you state that they are not your boss, which they weren’t (same ranking). Also, most of patients are seen as dollar signs and not people. Had outbreak of Tuberculosis and did not even report to State.!
Small town community
Loved working for a small town rural hospital . Loved seeing my patients at the farmers market or grocery store
Manager and staff were very friendly . Everyone helps each other out. Worked with some of the best doctors . Truly feels like family
Dept can be productive if everyone did what they are assigned to complete, cell phone use is out of control.
Jefferson is very big now things get lost in the mist of each day. Things are planned well but not played out well. I like working at jefferson and wish to be hired full time with jefferson in the nephrology dept.
Manager is not a nurse
The job was great the people awesome but the manager of the program is a physical therapist. She has no management training or skill most of the people at Jefferson stay because of the people there. Also the pay is ridiculous they are the only hospice company in the area so if you want to work hospice they are the only choice, which allows them to pay next to nothing
Pros
The people
Cons
The management
Financial pre-clearance management is aweful
Financial preclearance is an exceptionally unpleasant work environment. The manager is highly volatile and random in her moods. She does not allow staff to transfer, the only way out of her department is to leave the organization. Jefferson may be a good place to work but this department is awful to work in. The good pay and benefits arent enough for retention in this deoartment.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Financial pre clearance management.
Very Busy
I think this place should pay more attention to the employees and give them the tools needed to complete a task. Constantly overworked and understaffed. I wouldn’t work here again if they doubled my pay. As a new nurse I was definitely thrown to the wolves. That’s expected what wasn’t expected was the lack of support staff to safely care for patients. Management too busy sucking up dollars and making meaningless weekly meeting material to actually help those they claim to care the most about. Their patients or clients. Sad excuse for a care facility in my opinion wouldn’t let them care for my Goldfish.
Pros
Great co workers, nice residents
Cons
No breaks
I miss this place every day
I didn't leave this place for any other reason than the distance to it was too much for me after the years I had been there. I liked my office and the doctors that were there but we went through office managers often. Also when a new person was hired she began to act like the boss and changed a bunch of stuff.
Pros
Pay, hours, co-workers
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Good
Reports arent the best
Management team changes frequently right now they seem to have a good team

Everyone gets along

Fast paced

Time goes by fast and everyone is usually willing to help
jerfferson healthcare
Management does not care about staff. day shift under performs and gets treated like gold. while the hard working night shift is abused and left severely short staffed. nurses are the CNAs while being ran into the ground. they refuse to give anyone a raise. they work us like slaves. they steal from the employees and give us gas cards as if that will make up for it. the administrator does not care about residents or staff. the DON favors anyone with an accent. the ADON has literally no idea what she is doing. the benefits are horrible. everything this company does is designed to keep money in their pockets. the place is dirty and people are sick of getting bit up by bugs. the housekeeping staff contracted to the facility is useless. they dont even clean the residents rooms. there is no linen or wipes or supplies to do our jobs. most of all the residents suffer. do not work here. its not worth it.
Receptionist to Leadership
I have now worked for JHC for 2 years. I was originally hired as a Clinic Receptionist and spent most of the first year learning the many internal processes and requirements it took to deliver exceptional care for our patients. I had a great leader, developed many work relationships, and collaborated as a team daily to streamline our communications and break the potential barriers that came our way. I learned so much in a short time and just soaked up information to take with me on my journey with JHC. I asked many questions and felt my feedback and concerns were always acknowledged. I found myself growing with the tools that were given by my leaders and eventually went into a Care Team Support role, which was encouraged. The many stepping stones were given and I found myself applying for a Leadership position that I now currently hold. JHC to me is like the University I never attended and view this much like an educational/learning experience that has been nurturing and rewarding. I feel valued as an employee and in return admire this organization and what it stands for.
Pros
Benefits, Co Worker's, Our Patient's, Work/Life balance.
Cons
That we aren't able to be fully staffed due to housing costs in our community.
Highly Unprofessional
I was excited to start working with Jefferson Health care when I got the call saying I had got the job. I am always wanting to learn new thing and meet new people. After a month of working there, I noticed they were expecting me to know everything in just a short amount of time even though they knew when they hired me I had no medical background. I started to become more stressed and unpleasant when I would come home due to one of my coworkers. She is very stoned faced and shows little to no emotion so I couldn't tell what she thought about me at all. I would ask questions to make sure I was doing everything correctly and she would huff like I was bothering her. Before my 2 month mark, I ended up in the ER twice during the week because of palpitations and chest pain which turned out to be a severe panic attack. while I was out I was told by several patients that I knew personally that a few people at the desk were talking badly about me while I was not there and where patients could hear. When I came back a few days later I was brought into the break room by the manager and she told me there were complaints from coworkers about how I was taught certain things several times and continued to make mistakes. Mind you this was just my second moth there with no previous medical background. I was also told that I have bad posture which they knew because I told them I have had back problems since I was 15. I was then told that I argued with coworkers even though I am a quiet and shy person and rarely spoke to any of my coworkers unless they initiated the conversation. I felt targeted. - more...
Be careful before you decide to work with this hospital
Be alert when working with this hospital as they tend to dump you during the probation period without any warning or consideration whether you have relocated your family, bought a house, switched school for children etc…It has nothing to do with your qualification or performance, just because the supervisor/doctor/or manager don't like or discriminate you. The working environment is hostile, working hours is long with no break, equipment is old, employee benefits were ignored, yet they love to brag about their "friendly", tight knit team, and beautiful small town. It is all fake until you deal with their real face. Very unethical and unprofessional, it is absolutely NOT a place to work and grow.
Pros
Cons
Enumerous
Excellent place to work
Jefferson healthcare is a really great place to work! My coworkers also seem to love working here! It is relaxed as long as you are providing excellent care.
Poor Ethics and Morals
I paid to relocate myself from a job I held in Nevada for 14 months. I worked for 5 weeks and a day and a half when they terminated me for not meeting their professional expectations.... I have never been fired during a probationary period in any of the 8 states I have worked... especially having 11 years of lead mammography experience. I know they never ran the position and believe I was terminated so the girl who had the job before me could come back full time as she hated where she took her new position.they left me in a bad place... as I purchased a home in the area 1 week before they let me go because I was lead to believe it was a permanent position
horrible management and very dirty facility
always short staffed, staffing coordinator does not know how to do her job or answer her phone when you are needing to get in contact with her. Administrator is known for putting facilities into the ground and then ditching them for another facility. Fail to report things to state where residents and staff are affected which has led to many residents and staff members being hospitalized for being sick. They take an hour out of your check for lunch breaks and you don't have the time or staff to cover you to take your break
Cons
deduct time when you dont get breaks
Looking for new path in nursing field
Reliable coworkers, sometimes flexible hours, mostly positive direct patient interaction, teaching hospital useful to learning new diagnoses and treatments
Pros
Co workers, hours, pay rate
Cons
Work holiday and weekends, management, staffing, patient to nurse ratio
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.7
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jefferson Healthcare.