Jefferson Healthcare Employee Reviews

Back Country Good Ol' Boy System
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAJune 28, 2018
Management is about protecting and promoting local people, relatives and the politically connected while keeping the system closed from outside influences. Many if not al of the Elected officials in Jefferson County have relatives in supervisory positions. Over use of the critical access hospital billing process to increase profits significantly while expanding their reach to control of the service area from competition.
Pros
Discounted Healthcare Costs
Cons
Too many to list, stay away!
Rural Hospital
Registered Nurse - ICU (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAApril 29, 2018
This is a rural hospital so we didn't have a lot of resources while I worked here. I was often the only RN in the ICU however there were often only 1-2 patients and occasionally zero.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Skills base stalls out after being there for a short time
This was not a job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAApril 19, 2018
I volunteered here. I did not work here. I sat with the Alzheimer's patients and spent time with those that had no visitors or family. The staff was nice enough but the people who lived in the facility deserved better treatment.
not going to rate
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAApril 5, 2018
Not going to comment
this is not what I want to do at the moment ask me again another day as I don't feel this is relevant

thank you for your time in this matter
Pros
almost everyone is nice and helpful
Cons
not going to say atm
Jefferson Health care
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAMarch 28, 2018
8 to 10 hours days.
Decent management.
Click workplace culture.
Time.
Mostly pleasant atmosphere. Great view of the ocean. Friendly people. Excellent cafeteria.
Benefits
Cons
Competitive
Lower than average pay
Clinic LPN (Current Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAMarch 21, 2018
I am an LPN; the WA state average pay for an LPN is 25/hour. In Shelton, which is similarly sized, the average pay is 30/hour. I am currently making 22.67/hour but that is because I am paid 15% extra because I don't make benefits as a temporary employee. So my base is 19.30/hour which is 6 dollars below state average.
They say they value their employees and one of the mission goals is to find and keep good employees. I don't feel very valued being paid 6 dollars less than average.
All my coworkers tell me that the benefits are excellent and I believe that and I imagine that's why the pay is low compared to average.
Pros
Teamwork. friendly coworkers who want me to succeed, great benefits, good management
Cons
Lower than average pay, no parking for employees (take what you can get)
competative work place
PORTER-FLOOR TECH (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAMarch 11, 2018
hard work but its worth it and a lot of opportunities for overtime. the work area is very fast paced but when you find your pace it gets slower. stay on time and your good.
Outpatient Clinic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAJanuary 11, 2018
I worked in the Outpatient Specialty Clinic which deals with IV therapy, chemo, Allergy injections, Wound and ostomy care. The group of nurses in this department is a very close knit group and work well together for the most part. The care is thorough with an attempt to make it consistent. Quality and safety are of the highest importance to this clinic. It is pretty quick paced taking on multiple patients in either the IV area or the wound area, although staff is willing to help out as needed. I enjoyed both the staff and getting to know the patients the best.
Value their employees
LABOR & DELIVERY NURSE (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WADecember 4, 2017
Supportive teamwork environment, managers that listen and want to know how team members are doing, what they could do better as a manager. Staff back each other up.
Pros
You're not just a number. Excellent benefits.
Cons
Can be hectic and stressful
understaffed
STNA (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, OHNovember 1, 2017
Mandated several times a month and expected to come in on days off or stay for 16 hours. Management is lacking and not consistent. Lack of training for employees.
jefferson
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, OHOctober 26, 2017
They are very pleasant and friendly, family oriented facility, working there was a great experience and I would recommend for anybody who is looking for a good job to start off with.
Pros
food is great
Cons
may have to work multiple back to back weekends
Good place to work now
Care Team Member (Current Employee) –  Clinic areaJanuary 21, 2017
This place has went through a good change lately. There were a a couple people across different parts of the hospital who were pulling everybody down. HR came in and took care of that and it feels like a different place now. Really good patient care and strong focus on quality and doing things right. Really good physicians and providers (easy to work with). New services for patients. Management finally providing a direction so know where we are going, that makes it easy to stay here. Really, really good food (led by an executive chef).
Pros
Executive chef, good benefits, people are great to work with. Management starting to clean things up.
Cons
Unionized so it takes too long to get rid of problems, Union doesn't do much other than protect people who should've been gone long ago.
Management in transition
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WANovember 29, 2016
My experience working in the clinics was challenging. I did not feel that management was realistic in their understanding of what is required for good patient care and I feel that the moral of the clinical employees is very low.
Normal
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WANovember 26, 2016
I loved helping the patients and enjoyed the relationships I developed with them. However, I did not feel appreciated as a person there we were more like number.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Cold work environment
Its A Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 26, 2016
The don was rude . overworked and underpaid. Workers were pretty nice and helpful. At first it was 12 he shifts then they went to 3 shifts . some cnas were lazy .
Pros
A job
Cons
Underpaid
Productive.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  2200 Jefferson hwy. Jefferson Lousiana. 70121July 17, 2016
Productive. The Staff were nice to work with, if I needed help they where there to help if not busy them self's, easy place to work at friendly, caring, I really love working with the Resident's,and taking care, and talking and listening to them .
Pros
When I work there it was about sharing.
Cons
Nothing.
easy job hard ppl to work with
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOFebruary 29, 2016
low pay for how much work they want you to do. Working with the residents is the fun and rewarding part but upper management and scheduling make it hard to enjoy the job.
Terrible Company to Work for!
Lower Class Worker (Former Employee) –  EverywhereFebruary 15, 2016
Wow, I expected a much friendlier culture at this small community hospital! Upper management have their noses up in the air and do not associate themselves with the 'lower class workers,' who are the ones keeping the hospital running. It's truly unfortunate. I would not recommend working at this hospital. I resigned because management does not take care of problems, they sweep it under the rug, and never clean it up.
Friendly work environment
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAJune 28, 2015
Everybody at Jefferson healthcare is behind the mission of providing the best patient care, but in a small town it's tough to have a personal and private life outside of work.
Poorly organized with leadership that holds themselves in high regard
Operations (Current Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAFebruary 23, 2015
Has a low regard for physicians. Management holds themselves in high regard but organization is very weak with scattered inconsistent processes. Thin margins.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Quick triggered management style

Comment – October 20, 2015

Agree with these observation. I have noted that at the Director level their seems to be a revolving door. A lot of the x-directors were excellent but no longer their....makes me wonder about why they burn through so many good people.