JEFFERSON HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A great and fun place
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2018
I enjoy working there I love my manager as well co-workers and Doctor. I enjoy the Christmas parties and new years parties as well we are like family in my dept.
Pros
christmas parties
Cons
nice breaks
working for a great organization
Lab Tech /Clinician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2018
I worked for Jefferson hospital (2) and bot times I was welcomed back through a great company. Learned a lot and its been a teaching experience every time. great organization to work for.
Productive Workplace
Helped senior citizens put groceries away (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2018
I LOVE Jefferson Hospital and having to intern there a couple years ago. It was one of the best opportunities EVER! If I had the opportunity to work there,I would so take the offer.
na
Specimen Receiving Technician II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2018
its a nice place to work. many departments to work in. you can learn a lot. lots of parties. Supervisors are very helpful. close to public transportation.
community based
Accounting/Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15236April 21, 2018
Community hospital that employed local people. The hospital was a nice facility that updated the technology and building continuously. I often recommend the hospital and the physicians to my family and friends.
Pros
close to home
Fast Paced Environment
OR House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Clairton, PAApril 19, 2018
Fast Paced environment, usually busy every day for 8 hours. Learned how to properly clean and OR. Management was excellant. Workplace Culture is very diverse. Hardest part of the job is getting to all the rooms when they call more than one room. The people I work with are the most enjoyable.
Comfortable
Information Technology and Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2018
Worked as an intern in IT under the work ready program, was a comfortable job for someone my age. Expected to carry you're fair share of the work, aren't handheld throughout the experience but coworkers were still helpful.
I love Patient Care
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PA 15025March 25, 2018
Interacting with patients and being of good service to all that need me for various tasks throughout the day is quite rewarding. Patient care has always been my desire throughout my career and helping others is something I always want to be doing.
Jefferson hospital pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PAMarch 22, 2018
I have noticed a lot of changes since Jefferson Hospital has become part of the Allegheny health network / High-mark. Although the new systems and process changes are for the better, our department as a whole has not had a smooth transition and that is due to management. The department as a whole itself has a lot of potential. Staff is very driven and gets along pretty well. Where it is lacking is direction, accountability, follow though and just simple management from management. I'm not sure weather its because this is the only place any of them have ever worked and they have a "We have always done it this way" attitude or just a lack of leadership/ knowledge of what is really going on in the department. The pharmacists are very knowledgeable and helpful. Hardest part of the job would have to be staffing. It was cut back so far its hard to preform as we should. There are no opportunities for advancement in the pharmacy department as of now. As far as outpatient or tech coordinator, none of them have been created and not sure when and if that will happen. There are no lead techs or anything other then a regular staffing tech/ med rec in the ER on swing schedule.
Pros
Highmark
Cons
Staffing levels, Pay, Management
flexible schedule. loved the 12 hr shifts
Registered Nurse- Postpartum (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PAMarch 7, 2018
great co-workers. loved the ability to work 36 hrs/ full-time instead of 40hrs/ full-time. Gave me the opportunity to be home with my kids a few days out of the week.
Worked there for 18 years
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2018
The company just came in one day and got rid of all the employees without any notice whatsoever. They stabbed us in the back and left us with nowhere to turn.
Cons
Didn't care about people and their lives.
Great Staff
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR I (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoy working at Jefferson Hospital. The staff are amazing and for the most part everyone get alone. The staff are helpful, and very informative. I enjoy my co-workers and meeting different people everyday.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunch break and no break in between
Not a place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, GAJanuary 31, 2018
This hospital does not offer a salary that even compares to other rural hospitals or rural healthcare facilities. Employees have not received raises since 2007. The family coverage insurance is $600 plus; so with the low salary you are basically working to pay for your family coverage insurance. The administrative staff and management will not stand behind you when it comes to doing your job and doing it correctly. There are physician's and physician's assistant that are adult bullies. They are allowed to bully employees and talk to the employees in a nonprofessional manner. This facility does not match 401k and offers no other incentives. I would think twice before accepting an employment opportunity at this hospital.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits and employee attitudes
Nice place to work, however no support from my direct report.
Alter supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Working in Internal medicine is an awesome experience. I had the pleasure of meeting new patient's and built lots of relationships. Knowing I made each patient smile or forget their sickness for just a second motivated me to stay in that department.
Pros
Great team of doctor's
Cons
No room for growth
Jefferson, a great place to work!!!
Diet Office Clerk/Host (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2018
The culture at Methodist/Jefferson is great. Everyone is very friendly, which makes it very easy to adapt to a new working environment. Ive went from working as a diet office clerk to working as a cashier.
It’s a friendly environment and the people there work together as a team.
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2018
I’m proud to say that I work at Jefferson Hospital because it’s a great place to work. We have a strong Union and great benefits. I enjoy getting up every day and going to work because I love what I do, it’s my job to maintain a healthy and safe environment for the patients. Putting a smile on their faces are priceless.
Pros
The people work together as a team and there’s opportunities to advance.
Loved it!
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my job here. I was responsible for ER/OR sanitation. They are very easy to get along with and offers to teach very useful skills. Its a nice place to work.
Person (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 30, 2017
Management is awful. They treat their employees poorly. Only certain people can get away with anything and others are studied under a microscope. No matter what you do, it's not appreciated or recognized no matter how high and above you go. You constantly have to walk on eggshells, you never know what you'll get yelled at when you get there. Some coworkers are fantastic, others are moody and rude.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Nice
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 12, 2017
Easy to move up. Nice people to work with. Lot's of things to learn. Easy to advance. Good money and benefits. Convenient location and good working hours.
The job was over all good
Emergency Department Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PAAugust 12, 2017
I worked in the ER as a patient coordinator to make sure that ER patients were comfortable and their family as well. I would of stayed if they had offered me more hours but they could not offer me full time at this position.