Jefferson Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Stable working environment
Associate Registrar (Current Employee) –  Clairton, PAJune 19, 2019
Typically worked 8 hours day, not guarantee a lunch. Management always has an open door to help with any issues that may arise. I learned how to remain calm in trying situations.
JRMC has a good environment and the workers will help you out when needed
Green girl/Dietary office (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 12, 2019
JRMC has a staff of people that will come together and assist you and if they see you in need, they pitch in. The patients loved me when I worked their. I smiled no matter what, every single day.
Poor
PBX Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 11, 2019
Racism and favoritism is what this job environment is like. The pay is low and they are unwilling to change it to stay competitive. The managers and Human Resources are extremely racist
Pros
Convenient
Good Work Place
Full Time Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 6, 2019
I enjoy to work at JRMC very much and good schedule, good teamwork. I love to work over there but they have big problem with contacting with Human Resource to communicate with benefit.
Pros
Good Job, close to home
Cons
Difficult to communicate with human resource.
produtive place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 4, 2019
jrmc is a great p[ace to work and they really love providing great service. and they make you feel like you we are one big family. the hardest part is when someone pass away
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 4, 2019
This is a great place and company to work for. The atmosphere is friendly . Employees that want to learn are eager and very willing. Learning the job might be tough at the beginning ,but once you learn your job everything comes to you . I enjoy what I do and everyone I meet and work with .
Okay
Transport Aide (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 23, 2019
Not much to brag on here. I was only there to complete school. The hospital is small and really not to much to get excited about. You hear both good and bad about the department but that's anywhere.
The people are great, but pay and benefits are below industry standard.
Cytotechnologist/Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 16, 2019
All the people I work with are great folks and make work enjoyable. My problem with JRMC is the below average pay scale and inflation only raises. You work hard towards a merit raise and learn they don’t give those. Benefits are fairly good. The sick leave is basically non existent. You have to accrue 300 hours sick leave at 56 hours per year given. It will take you several years before you can take a sick day! Vacation time (PTO) includes all observed holidays (6 per year) and you get 20 days of PTO per year. Essentially you get 14 days of vacation. Medical insurance is sub par. JRMC is self insured.
Pros
The employees are friendly and fun.
Cons
Pay, vacation time and sick leave are poor.
it sucks being the low man on the totem pole
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 27, 2019
I don't have anything to say. They all look down their noses at the less educated people. They forget, they started in the same shoes. They sit at the computers and chat, while the ones that really do the work are running for every call light, etc.
Great learning experience
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARFebruary 28, 2019
I learned so much while working at this hospital. The nurses, doctors, and nurse practitioners were amazing. I try to emulate the coworkers that I met here in my practice every day.
Short handed and fast paced
Corporate Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MO 63019February 18, 2019
Cons/Mercy made cuts to most departments and sometimes it hurts customer service.
Plan on working holidays, and be prepared to make it in during bad weather.
Pros/ Mercy does have programs to help those in need in community
Pros
Faith based organization
Cons
open holidays and 24 hours
Do not work here
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARFebruary 11, 2019
This place is a very bad place to work they do not respect employees nor compensate well with pay benefits take most your check and your very limited where you can use your benefits. Forced overtime have been threatened to be fired if I didn’t work a 12+ hour day
Wonderful Hospital
Clinical Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 26, 2018
The insurance options are wonderful. Paid holidays and time off is very good.Gym membership and facility are fantastic. The entire staff is very professional and courteous.
Pros
Wonderful enviornment
Cons
No overtime
Horrble place!!!!
Sterile Processing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 14, 2018
This place is awful as an employer. Always trying to cheat you out of something, and treats you like you do NOT matter as an employee. They do not provide the proper resources to learn what you need to know for the job. Their training process is terrible and they still expect you to know the information.
Super Job!
Director of Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MODecember 10, 2018
I loved this job! I was quickly promoted from a new graduate nurse in the ER to the night shift supervisor, then to the overall clinical supervisor, and finally to the Emergency Department Director for several years! I loved managing this amazing place!
First class organization in every way.
President and Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2018
I was given the opportunity to serve as President and CEO of Jefferson Regional Medical Center for three years and really enjoyed it. There are a long string of accomplishments associated with my
service. Great organization.
Pros
First class organization
Cons
the Board of Directors are micro-managers in my opinion.
Great group of people to work with
Registered Nurse on 5 West (Current Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PANovember 24, 2018
Opinions in this hospital fluctuate, depending where you work. In my personal experience working here, I find that:
-This hospital does have room for advancement, along with a good culture of caring and learning.
-Management does work with you and does try to accommodate everyone's schedule.
-As with any floor in a hospital, it can get a little chaotic, but everyone (for the most part) does try to work as a team.

-Although they have tried to bring pay scales up, they do seem to be below averages, especially for employees who have been there.
Pros
Team atmosphere, great learning experiences
Cons
Fast paced, hard for new RN's
one of the best places to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 11, 2018
Was a great place to work but the pay was a little low and only had per deim positions avaliable at that time.Was part of the float pool so there were always new situations. Coworkers were always very helpful. management on all levels was respectful and helpful. Rotating shifts was difficult but enjoyed going to different units daily.
Pros
Great atmosphere and positive attitude
Cons
long shifts
Purchasing
Supply Technician/Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, AROctober 24, 2018
This hospital was an interesting place to work. I was in the purchasing department and I was shocked at some of the things I had to purchase. Overall they were decent company to work for.
A good place to work and grow
Registered Nurse-Poll Nurse - Medical/Surgical (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, AROctober 23, 2018
Coworkers respect each other and helpful. You have opportunity to advance your career. The company works with you as you advances your career. The hardest part of the job is working under staff at times. The most enjoyable part of the job are that coworkers are like family.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
under staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jefferson Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Jefferson Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location