JELD-WEN Employee Reviews

chaos, insane, stupid
patio door assembly (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORDecember 15, 2018
there was never any communication no one was ever on the same page hours were unclear management would be extremely rude to staff and unsafe for example a fire in the building and no one was evacuated and two people left because they had trouble breathing and they got in trouble for it
Changing culture
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORDecember 13, 2018
this is a great work place if you put in the effort you will get something back. If you want to be recognized and you deserve it you will get that recognition
Pros
good people
Cons
lower starting wages
Very cut throat dishonest management
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VTDecember 12, 2018
Worked there for 7 months through a temp agency. Knew many different jobs and was constantly being told I would be hired on. All of a sudden 2 weeks before Christmas we worked on Monday and told not to come back until Wednesday morning as there was no work. Then Tuesday afternoon we all got informed that Jeld-Wen decided to let go of all temps. Management didn't even have the balls to tell us trying to provide for our families that this was a possibility even though rumors flew and we were asking. Instead literally the day before they fired us they tried insuring us we were all set and not to stress. Lies lies lies.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Liars, very poor management
B-operator (Current Employee) –  Towanda, PADecember 7, 2018
I love working at Jeld-wen, swing shift can be hard but I like it, it gives the best of all shifts (cant get bored that way). The pay is excellent and overtime can most usually be had. There is always opportunities to move to different locations in your department and you can transfer to different areas. Training is on the job which is not great! Some employees dont like to train and dont do a good job at it, but if you ask they will provide some way to get more training for you. They do expect a lot out of you, but it's all about product and quality which is sent to our customers which without them we wouldn't have a job to write about. It is a great place to work 😀
Pros
The pay and benefits!
Cons
Training could be better
nice place to work with good people to work with
Sawier (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IADecember 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time at JELD-WEN and was upset when I got cancer and had to leave to be able to take care of myself. I am looking forward to returning and continuing my employment there.
Fun good people to work with
Glass Cutter (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IANovember 23, 2018
Good pay and good employee, the manager is not the best and you work over 60 hours in the summer. You get penalized for sick days and doctor notes don't help. Get vacation but never get approved to use it.
productive and very fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCNovember 17, 2018
i loved working at jeldwen it was fun i loved running the machine even though it was a manky job i aso as a female got the job done i had a pretty fast paste everyday i got better at it then the first day
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
breaks
poor place to work
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXNovember 16, 2018
I come into work go to the line and set up start work. The production mgr comes out tell's team how poor they are doing. Cusses them out they get upset you calm them down. Then later he comes out round 2. just to much drama for me. Hr is pathetic no help.
Pros
Cons
bad place to work no support
Lots of drama, stressful environment
SWING SHIFT CAR LOADER (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 14, 2018
its just a job to make money to provide for the family. It can be a difficult and hard environment. No matter in the end, All that mattered was providing for the family. Working hours were difficult on the family, working hours were rotating shifts.
Pros
Was able to provide for the family
Cons
Difficult fellow employees, lack in management involvement
Fast paced
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PANovember 14, 2018
I currently am working there as a team lead/manager. Over welming at times. Fast pace production lines. If your production is done in your department, you do go to other departments to help.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes work 6 days a week.
productive /fellow employees good to work with
Shipper/Loader (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PANovember 12, 2018
SHIPPING - I was responsible for picking the product and loading it on the trucks to be shipped to the stores. Had to load it in order to insure no product damage.Middle management worked pretty well with the employees and were willing to listen to suggestions,which helps for improvement.Hardest part of the job was at times the overtime was excessive,but the product needed to get shipped
Pros
working with fellow employees
Cons
excessive overtime at times
Productive and fun place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 10, 2018
walking in the door getting straight to work comfortable in my own casual clothing. Learing alot about new different tools. The management and the other workers all work seperated in different selections who know how to do different things.i dont really enjoy the enviorment because its hot but I enjoy working with the others in the workplace.
Not bad
Sawyer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 8, 2018
I’m just tired of factory work. It’s time to move on. I enjoyed my time there but can’t work in a factory my whole life. I often work with people who aren’t as committed to the work as I am and it frustrates me.
Poorly managed since going public
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 8, 2018
I would not recommend JELD-WEN. They consistently lay off long term employees just short of retirement. No job security consistently brining in plant managers and vice presidents with no product experience.. Customers suffer;
Good for young adults
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Chiloquin, ORNovember 7, 2018
This is a good job for people who want the weekends off unless there is overtime(which is rare). This job is for those people who enjoy working with their hands and lifting
sucks
Laborer/Production worker/maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  Ringtown, PANovember 7, 2018
company is going downhill fast keep taking extras dont give insentive to want to be here pay isnt so great had 5 different general managers in the last year
Productive office environment condusive for working
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 7, 2018
Complete lifecycle management of all things network; design, implementation, monitoring, and refresh. I had been working with the company for over 17 years as such I had achieved everything I wanted to.
Pros
Autonomous position
Cons
Lack of promotion opportunities
New Corporate Office is Breath Taking
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2018
JELD-WEN was a privately owned company and a great place to work, I learned a lot about the business. Moving to Charlotte from Oregon was awesome. As JELD-WEN got bigger and went to a public company the culture changed. Being a public trading company changes have to be made and currently JELD-WEN is headed in the right direction. The hardest part of the job was changes in management.
Pros
Corporate Office, Website, Literature
Good place to start
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Wedowee, ALNovember 7, 2018
The job was great until all the upper management started to change. I went through three plant managers in five years. They were very fair and taught me computer skills that I lacked.
Pros
Taught me skills
Cons
Always changing management
productive and moderately paced
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Chiloquin, ORNovember 7, 2018
my typical day at work was busy labeling and stacking loading and unloading, I have learned how to operate machinery, load and unload trucks and some maintenance on equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JELD-WEN. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight