JELD-WEN Employee Reviews

Bad managment
Sawyer (Former Employee) –  Stayton, OROctober 14, 2018
There was a manager here that would Degrade the employees and emphasize that he knew better than them. The upper staff would make a point to all employs that its a positive encouraging friendly environment witch this manager could not grasp.
Losing Touch With Reality
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ringtown, PAOctober 12, 2018
The company is losing touch with reality. People are not robots and can't perform the same activity 10 hours per day, 6 days a week without making errors. Upper management won't invest time or money to fix equipment or to hire additional employees. You get PTO, but can't use it when you want and some employees get points for being late, but others don't. Not consistent with rules. Friends of some managers get better jobs than others. Job bids aren't followed. Place has gone downhill fast.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
No loyalty to workers or managers, favoritism
Horrible place to work!
Lead Builder And Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCOctober 6, 2018
I worked there once as a lead over production and I quit because They refused to pay me the base pay for my position and it took them 3 months just to change my job title. I went back because 3 different manages kept calling to ask me to come back. They had a new production manager who hated anyone beneath him. He refused to listen to his employees, repeatedly threatened to fire us, and all of the managers were always saying the employees were lazy yet we almost always met or exceeded our goals. They work you 12+ hours per day plus Saturdays every week,there is absolutely no home/work balance. The leads and managers were sleeping/trying to sleep with all of the female employees. Favoritism is a big thing. And I was fired at the end of my shift for 2 no-call no-shows on 2 days that I worked and I even had the timecards to prove it. Worst place I have ever worked, DON'T apply!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, short breaks, long hours, complete lack of respect for employees.
A pretty good job
Express Temp (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILOctober 6, 2018
This job was actually the best i have had i was really good at it. We could bring our speakers to work and listen to music while we work eat on lines take our own brake but have to clock out overall it was a nice a1 job up until my manager told me he was sorry and that they do this thing every year that where they have to let some people go or something because i was still in a tempt agency
Pros
Money music food brakes
Cons
Hours you get
Horrible place to work!!!!!!
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCSeptember 19, 2018
In 2015 it was a great place place to work. As soon as they expanded the the operation things started going downhill and kept a steady decline. Broken equipment is not fixed, management cares little to nothing about improving things.
I would not recommend working there at all.
You’re an assignment not a human
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCSeptember 18, 2018
I loved my crew, my hours, my role. My numbers were good and my attendance was great. Jeld wen has gone downhill everyone says it. That will be an abandoned empty building gathering dust and graffiti sooner than later.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Paid good, but they overworked their workers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Not a bad company to work for if you like big checks. The health insurance is cheap and great, along with the dental. Cons: Bad management, too much overtime.
Pros
Lunch-in rewards
Cons
Favoritism, over working
Not a good place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 10, 2018
Place runs you into the ground and the pay is not worth it...Only good thing is the benefits and the PTO...Mangement dont care about anything but their numbers...As long as they are getting their hefty bonuses
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Low pay and hard work
High Speed Frame Sawyer (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORSeptember 9, 2018
Lots of work to do. Machines break down alot. Quality of product being put out is compromised by emplyees with little training being responsible for training new employees. Supervisors are not part of training process. Will lay off experienced employees they favor.
Very stressful
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Would not recommend to anyone very untrained and unorganized with little to no thought of anyone's feelings or wellbeing. Things took a nosedive the last couple year and morals and safety went out the window.
Pros
Always plenty of work
Cons
No one cares
Poor work culture
LEAD/PRODUCTION SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 31, 2018
Work at Jeld -Wen for almost 20 years. The first 15 years I enjoy the nice work place that Jeld wen was, a very different workplace culture.Very productive and very healthy coworkers relationships. This place turn in a very stressful place to work due to a change of management.Their lack of knowledge , appreciation and respect to the employees.The work place culture is horrible.No opportunities for advancement.Lack of moral leadership. Hypercompetitive co-workers .Poor discipline and unethical behavior. I also notice racial issues.The hours of work they were always inconsistent. Jeld-Wen do have good benefits but when you put family time and personal health in a balance is not worth it.
benefits
Cons
no opportunities for advancement, lack of moral leadership, unethical behavior, Hypercompetitive coworkers.
Poor business structure
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORAugust 30, 2018
The ever shifting scheduled hours were stressful enough. Fine, I can put up with that. What's worse was, you were encouraged to input ideas, but they weren't ever looked at or implemented, let alone appreciated.

Even worse was having a random pay cut. When asked about it, the response was, "oh that's standard because you weren't supposed to be paid that much anyway". No, that's not standard, that's illegal and poor business...
Pros
Decent entry level pay when not cut
Cons
Everything else
Not a comfortable place to work
Door Assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VTAugust 26, 2018
Not a comfortable place to work To much cut throat going on To many guys hitting on the girls even when told to leave alone and nothing was done about it
Pros
half hour lunch if there was no accidents with in thirty days they gave us an hour lunch party
Cons
bad health care
Poor Work-Home Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALAugust 23, 2018
Alabama location poorly managed. Way overworked with mandatory overtime weekly. Employees and management had a poor attitude due to working so much and issues with efficiency. Plant needs somebody to lead with proper education and experience who actually cares about their employees.
Pros
decent pay & benefits
Cons
worked overtime daily & weekends; no home life balance
No Life
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Towanda, PAAugust 23, 2018
Stressful, 7 day swing. One weekend a month off. Management has favorites. They cater to favorites. Points if you do not stay for your relief or someone else's. If your relief is out for a personal reason for many days or even weeks. They expect you to work 12 hour days for days. Swing shift is horrible. The General Manager has no idea about the plant itself. Except wanting lines painted, plastic garbage cans painted, etc. They spent thousands of dollars on lights and cameras in the parking lot. But do not turn them on at night. They do nothing for the employees. I wouldn't recommend this place if you want a life. Or a relationship to last.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
i like my job but i never get to do it
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ringtown, PAAugust 21, 2018
usually don't get to do the job u applied for-they put you anywhere they feel necessary!management doesn't see anything you do they sit in the office most of the time.my job isn't hard but i never get to do it!jeld-wen wont hire the amount of people they need to do the jobs so when someone gets fired they just expect the parts you need to do your job to be magically there!
Pros
close to where i live
Cons
very poor management
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHAugust 20, 2018
The female Lead/ Manager will not like you if you are pretty and female n will lie on you and give you a hard time . Other than that it’s ok. You have to do heavy lifting and the job should pay way more
Cons
Poor management, high turnover rate, more politics than D.C.
Glass table operator (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 20, 2018
Depending on the area you work in the job can be pretty strenuous. Typical manufacturing job, not a huge amount of opportunity for advancement other than becoming leads if you suck up to the right people. Slightly exposed to the elements, really hot in the summer. Management is constantly scheming on ways to pay you less, from removing incentive programs to doing away with 5 yr bonuses and the like. Management is ridiculous, the operations manager was sleeping around with some office ladies, and stupid stuff like that, drama drama drama.
Pros
Good summer job if your desperate for a job
Poor management and training
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ringtown, PAAugust 16, 2018
Jeld-Wen has such a huge disconnect between the mangers and the employees. There is improper training abound and workers are treated as if they are incapable of independent thought.
Pros
Slow winters
Cons
Managers and Training
amazing place to work, the best place i ever worked at
jeldwen windows (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORAugust 15, 2018
sad I had to go but I had a situation back home in Alabama... if i could of have stay who knows how far i could be by now and what opportunities jeld-wen had in store for me
Pros
snack lounge
Cons
cant sitdown at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JELD-WEN. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight