JELD-WEN
52Below average

JELD-WEN Employee Reviews

United States898 reviews
don't care about your outside life, just want numbers and products out the door. Okay benfits and okay pay for the area the factory is in. Still underpaid though.
this comoany does not treat there employees well. They wanted a high demand with little knowledge. New managers came in with no knowledge on how to run a business. They are very shady about there employee benefits.
I would steer clear. The management is terrible, you're a number and they make sure to make you feel that way. If I could give zero Stars to work here, I would.
I really enjoyed working at jel-wen but when i was warned about the managers i seen my first alert.I learned the workers and higher up managers want the best for the company, but what the company doesn't know is that the mangers between them and the workers are pulling all the strings. Poor leadership and managing skills. I knew right off the back my managers were bad once I was told by one that they gave a me a job duty that never existed(which caused me to stay late after 10hr shift) to find out he was messing with me. GREAT WORKERS terrible managers
Pros
Hours and people
Cons
Family managers
They will work the drive out of you and replace you at will... management structure sucks... they have no communication or compassion... flawed point system got plenty of good workers terminated
🤦🏿‍♂️
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything But The Pay
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This is by far the best job I’ve ever had great about working around scheduling and very family oriented. I love the work environment and the way they are about teaching employees new things.
Pros
The work environment.
Cons
No complaints.
Jeld-wen was a good place to work! Great benefits, good pay! Their home office was located in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Each location had its own management.
I happen to have had a great boss, who was the manager! He had a great personality, so respectful and a great big caring heart! It just amazed me at his great knowledge of the products we handled. His simple way of explaining things, so that you could understand. I always thought he must have taken that course "How to win friends & influence people" due to the way he could win you over to his way of thinking! I love how he entrusted you to do your job without having to stand over you!
Pros
Yearly Health Fairs, Free Holiday Lunches, Employee Gifts @Christmas
Cons
Flexibility of hours worked
I was told that we can't do ten hours because of the extra ten minute break. But we have to do nine hours and work our Saturdays with no clear outline to the job we need to have completed. One line of 6 people shouldn't be responsible for three other departments while that said line is falling behind and cannot make the quotas.
Pros
Money
Cons
It’s a great job it had great people that worked there very welcoming my first day I was learning how to finalize basically I would get a window and I would put the rest of the window on and push a button to let them know that it was counted
I worked at Jeld-Wen for 3.5 years. They lied to us before letting 250 people permanently go. I worked a second shift and there was often, some dispute between coworkers and even fights in the parking lot. I would never step foot in another Jeld-Wen owned company.
Good pay co- workers r nice

Company only cares about numbers and quality sucks more about who can do more no not what they look like going out the door managment only cares about money not there workers long hours and 7 day swing shift sometimes working 11 12hr shifts straight before u get a day off
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor managment
I currently work here, I am lookig for another job, 70+ hrs a week, no days off really. Osha violations out the wazoo, the worst management of any place ive worked. Ive been working 10 plus hrs a day, 6 days a week for a year. They dont care who gets hurt, they WILL not listen to employees about safe concerns. They will tell you that you life, kids, family, whatever is worthless, 0 stars stay away
Us employees will be treated unfairly at any Circumstance From giving our input on something or getting new machinery. I have a hard time talking to the management about anything because we always get let down pretty harshly.
I like the job it’s bad at all, the work wasn’t too fiscal and the hours I had worked out good with my free time. I recommend this job to my friends they got the job and loved it. I had some car trouble and I couldn’t make the trip every day to work so I had to let it go, but if you have a solid transition it’s highly recommend 😁
One of the worst jobs I have ever had. Inexperienced management, no training, and current manager is backstabbing. She's also two faced. hostile environment
Pros
Cons
Health insurance is no good and so is management
For 3 years, as an employee here have been up and down. Before, when I first started, I was a temp. So the pay rate was $10.50 and I was working 7 days on/off rotations. I was press operator for the first two years. It have been very stressful. But once I became a full time permanent, my rate went up to $14.70 after 90 days. I am not sure if that's right. That helped me become more determined to continue being with this employer. Every year they give a pay raise of about 40¢. So I decided to take a different position which is foam Operator. So far, so okay. Just very heavy workload to deal with. But I don't mind. The pay is somewhat okay with me. Coworkers is good amount to work with. About 25 or so per shift. Rules are strict but understanding. The attendance points are important but they can work with you to make sure you are still able to work with them.
Fast paced, management is easy to get along with an the more you know the more you do. Co-workers are friendly, the hardest part is working six days a week for a month or two straight.
Typical day a jeld-wen is pretty steady everyone knows their job and what they need to do. I learned how to work with others in a team environment. Management is strict but fair. The hardest part of this job is the 7 day swing schedule
I have worked at Jeld-wen for several years, it is a good place to work at. Yes, they are busy but that is a good thing, it's economically stable and we are working 40 hrs. a week and had overtime up until 6 weeks ago. Other department's are on O.T., but I feel growth is good.
Pros
Good benefits, room for advancement
I work at this job for 16 months and work hard never miss days always on time they did not appreciate it at all i was always look over and they knew i was good at my job they put temp employees in position over me who didn't know nothing about the job i was teaching supervisor and leads helping them showing them the correct way on how to do the job
attentive managers, great hours great pay overall great place to work, loved it and would always absolutely recommend. a great company to grow with!!!!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JELD-WEN. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight