JELD-WEN Employee Reviews

Gender Discrimination
Administration (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 17, 2018
Men are able to advance quite easily. Women are held to a completely different standard. They are the 'work horse' with 40%lower pay than a comparable male coworker.
so so
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 15, 2018
the manger i had was evil if you didn't kiss butt you won't succeed. i would rather work in different departments rather than in my own the manager screwed me over on job bids
I was an intern
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJanuary 14, 2018
I interned at a Jeld-Wen facility when I was in college. I had an excellent experience with this company. The general manger and the production manager took me under their wing and taught me about their industry. They set up many unique experiences for me with their sales teams, another local factory, and a customer. I would recommend students get an internship with this company.
Pros
Engaged management
Cons
Salary Range
Can make good money with overtime hours.
Team Trainer/forklift (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ALJanuary 10, 2018
A good place to work if you don't have a life, no kids and no family. Overtime is great but too much overtime is wear and tear on your body. Very cut-throat. No one's job is secure. Overtime is mandatory and hardly no time off with your family unless scheduled. Really not interested in employee well- being.
Pros
Plenty of work hours
Cons
No time off. Point system unfair to employee
Depends on the Department
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 10, 2018
For the department(s) I specifically worked for, the people were pleasant to work with, though in many cases, some were difficult to communicate with. There were constant changes in an effort to improve the work productivity, but felt unnecessary and oftentimes difficult to keep up with. Miscommunication was not uncommon.

The environment I worked in was usually friendly and coworkers were known to have friendships beyond the work environment. Management would allow bonding events such as potlucks and short Christmas parties. There was always an opportunity to try something new within or outside the department and training was usually available even if preferred experience was not applicable.
Laziness is rewarded and hard work discouraged
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 8, 2018
Flattery will get you promoted while the truth will get you shunned. The incompetence and ignorance of management is staggering.
Jeld Wen values are a nice concept but not displayed by leadership or encouraged.
Lying and dishonesty are the rule here and drama and terrible morale rule the day.
Pros
Pay, pto
Cons
Management, favoritism
no comment
National Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2018
I have no comment or information to provide about a review at this time. The company went public in January 2017 and restructured and eliminated positions in November 2017.
Worst Place Ever
SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILJanuary 6, 2018
If they don't like something you say, they will make up a reason to fire you, especially if you aren't willing to perform duties that aren't within your job description/department and safety concerns.
great
Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VTJanuary 4, 2018
This place was great to work for they paid great had great managers to work for the work place was great everything about this job was awesome and had a great time working here.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
No Advancing
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Jeld-Wen is an order driven company, which means they often take more orders than is realistically possible. This results in 6, and sometimes 7, days at work doing 12 hour shifts. Management is hit and miss, and often the treatment of the worker depends on who/what they know. Too often employees were given preference due to inappropriate relationships or interactions with management. However, I loved the work I did at Jeld-Wen and prided myself on making great quality windows. Even this created friction between myself and others since most employees were ok with sending junk as long as the numbers were there at the end of the day.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Good Company
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 2, 2018
This is an overall great company to work at. It was hard to advance. I had a great team and great managers. The only downfall was the managers didn't want to work with my school schedule.
Decent place to work, poor corporate management.
Facility Safety Lead (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Wonderful place to work, however, due to the particular facility's location, overflow work was routed to our facility. This resulted in constant overtime in some departments while others might not even make a full week. Constant corporate mandates often contradict themselves and make for a confusing situation for those tasked to enforce policy. Safety is big, but constant employee turnover leads to rushed training times and high incident rate.
Pros
Excellent local management.
Cons
Horrible corporate management.
JELD-WEN Engineering
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 1, 2018
JELD-WEN Engineering was a good place to work and the people I worked with are wonderful people. For the most part it is a relaxed environment, but they do require a lot of travel for the department I was in.
Pros
Good benefits and people
Cons
Way too much travel required
Good pay benifets could be better
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Towanda, PADecember 29, 2017
Good pay. Swing shift sucks and mangment don't care about employees have to work alot of ot when relief don't show up. Hot place to work in the summer and very cold in the winter
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mangment sucks
Fast-Paced Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ringtown, PADecember 28, 2017
I worked here for a summer and really enjoyed the money I made. It was a good paying job but also a pretty tough job. It was always very hot. The 3 breaks were probably the best part of the day.
Easy work for the most part
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Minersville, PADecember 26, 2017
Easy work. Was for the most part a very relaxing place to work. 8 hours a day. Come in set your machine you make sure everyone else down the line was ready to go then start running.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hiring people that are safety hazards
Great Place to Work
Maintenance Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 21, 2017
You can tell that Jeld-Wen cares a great deal about the employees. They offer many paid training that teach you to become a better Employee. In addition, they offer many resources for Employees whether they are a top employee or for those that might be struggling in or on a line. I believe anyone would benefit from working with Jeld-Wen.
Horrible Managment Team and Culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 20, 2017
The Executive Management Team and the Culture making working at JELD-WEN not worth it. Most of the Plant Managers are fires within 2 years and recently a large group of Executives have been fired. The culture is designed around blame and shuning responsibilities.
All the good employees have moved on and what you have left are the employees who can’t leave because they would not make it anywhere else.
Pros
Work hours
Stressful
Accounts Payable, Payroll and HR coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCDecember 20, 2017
Worked 3 different peoples jobs at once. Very little help. Way too stressful and worked 60 plus hours or more a week and this was acceptable. Not managed well at all.
good temp job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Grinnell, IADecember 17, 2017
Currently employed thru a temp agency - enjoyable job just wanting a perm. position and they are currently on a hire freeze. Very fast paced environment at times but the people at Jeld-Wen in general are a great bunch of people to work with.
Pros
lots of free food
Cons
they are on a hire freeze

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JELD-WEN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9