JELD-WEN Employee Reviews

Poor management and training
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ringtown, PAAugust 16, 2018
Jeld-Wen has such a huge disconnect between the mangers and the employees. There is improper training abound and workers are treated as if they are incapable of independent thought.
Pros
Slow winters
Cons
Managers and Training
amazing place to work, the best place i ever worked at
jeldwen windows (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORAugust 15, 2018
sad I had to go but I had a situation back home in Alabama... if i could of have stay who knows how far i could be by now and what opportunities jeld-wen had in store for me
Pros
snack lounge
Cons
cant sitdown at all
Great coworkers
vinyl welder (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORAugust 12, 2018
The company is not a place I would send friends to get a job at. The coworkers are great people. I would only go back to work there because of the people I worked with. The company is a joke and so is the product they put out.
Friendly and helpful
Assistant Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Craigsville, WVAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed working here, great benefits with flexible scheduling. Co-workers were wonderful to work with. Management helped as much as possible. Great work environment.
The work was stressfull and very hot
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  SpecialsAugust 9, 2018
The management favored other employees than the ones who worked the hardest. Also the bidding system is a joke even if you win the bid you got passed over for whoever management wanted in that job!!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Extreme work condtions
Time
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 6, 2018
My experence was very breif but it seem to be a resonable company to work for. the people are very help and managment is will to help and work with you.
Not a good place to work
Die form crew worker (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PAAugust 4, 2018
The management was terrible, they payed well but in return hired less people causing mandatory overtime to be put on you more often than you would like, often stopping you walking out the door to tell you that you must stay for 4 extra hours.
Pros
Starting wage
Cons
Everything else
Always a new adventure every night
Finalizer (Former Employee) –  Ringtown, PAJuly 27, 2018
Fast paced work with some good people, learned every job on the line with in a week that's how simple the job is. Decent pay with good benifits, plus it was close to me
This place is a sweat shop
driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 27, 2018
The poorest place I have ever worked managmeent is arrogant and filled with some kind of megomaniac personality that makes him all seeing and all knowing. Most of the workers there look like they just got out of prison the quilaity of service is poor on a good day
Pros
nothing
Cons
hours and pay sucked work was unsafe
Very low employee retention.
Group manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 26, 2018
The Jeld Wen facility in Oceanside is the one with probably the lowest employee retention I ever seen. The job culture is very agressive with majority of employees, even with their supervisors. Management has a "point finger" style and favoritism. They over pass a lot of errors from some employees but attack and "prosecute" other employees with minimal errors. A lot of terminations every month. I never seen so many people leaving from a company. Some people are even forced to quit. It's better to think twice before deciding to work on this company. Don't let be impressed by a nice building.
Pros
Ping pong table and free coffee.
Cons
Poor management. Favoritism.
Worst management of any job i ever worked, bosses favor certain people.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, VTJuly 26, 2018
When I worked at jeld wen it was obvious from the start who the managers favored, they were never present and would only seem to want to talk to a certain few guys. Also it didnt seem like they wanted to teach anything, and would get mad and be rude if you didnt understand right away. There is a Job bidding system, but its a joke because if you dont befriend the manager you dont win bids. Most of the guys have the worst attitude ive ever seen and dont wanna work there..most of them are waiting for a better job.
Pros
Pay rate is competitive
Cons
Very poorly organized company
It is productive with an objective daily
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 24, 2018
The day typically starts off seen what the objective is and then engaging with the hourly about what the objective for the day is. After the day has started there is a meeting with senior leaders to make sure everyone is on the same track. I enjoy working with the people to let them know I'm with them from the start to the finish, so we can all feel good about what we accomplished at the end of the day.
Good if you want over time
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 23, 2018
60 hour work weeks most of the time to keep up with schedules and other departments in the building. How ever the other people were alright working in there.
Pros
People were cool, Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, over time every saturday
Good job
Interior door manufacturer (Current Employee) –  Rantoul, ILJuly 23, 2018
Overall Good company to work for. The Point system is hard to get adjusted to too, so we are always short staff. They let you learn all the jobs on the line and you can test and advance yearly. They offer health insurance, 401 k., vacation time, personal time. Management has a high turn over. My greatest challenge is my drive time to and from work.
Decent but not the best.
Assebler/Welder (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAJuly 19, 2018
Decent pay, but management and up, are terrible. Expectations are set too high and you are automatically set up to fail. Management excepts you to make up for downtime when machines break down, and if you don't you get blamed. Also expected to work overtime to meet goals that are outrages.
good job
Door Builder (Current Employee) –  Chiloquin, ORJuly 18, 2018
they are not that great with full time employes they like to fire people for the smallest things hr plays farorites there they are strict on what you can say and what you cant
Good place for summer job
Frame We (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORJuly 18, 2018
Guaranteed lots of hours and good pay. Recommended for high school or college students looking for a summer job. Lots of physical labor and standing is required.
It was a great job in the beginning and then it became stressful over Time.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILJuly 16, 2018
When I first started it was a very good, fun work environment. A few people from management left and new management was hired and then the company started to go in a different direction.
It’s a good place to work. You can grow and they have really good benefits
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 16, 2018
I loved working here. It took a lot of my skills and put them all to the test. It’s competitive, but not too crazy. There was free safety lunches and all kinds of things they were trying to improve on. The one in vista, I think, is kinda going through a rebuild with management. Once that’s all figured out I am sure it would be a great place for o work
Corporate leadership is broken and disconnected
Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 15, 2018
Plant level management and hourly employees have poor home work life balance, plants are held to unrealistic financial expectation. .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JELD-WEN. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight