Jellystone Park Camp Resort Employee Reviews

Yogi Bear
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDOctober 4, 2019
This is a very nice place to work for. You feel like you can talk with anyone and they will help you. It’s all about teamwork with this employer. The pay is at the low end of the scale. Negotiate your pay if you want to stay with this company.
Pros
Teamwork atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Amazing place to work!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHSeptember 26, 2019
I absolutelty love working at Jellystone. My managers, supervisors and co-workers are all like one family. During prime season, the pace can be pretty fast but never overwhelming because you'll always have someone to help or look out for you. I had to pleasure of meeting really amazing people to work for.
Pros
Great Management, Discounted Stay/Merchandise, Good Pay for Seasonal Work
Cons
Slow Paced in Fall/Spring Shoulder during weekdays
Good, honest, hard working team.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WISeptember 22, 2019
They honored my requests for the hours I wanted. This job is a great compliment to my full time job and the employees are always so happy and eager to help others. This is a family Campground so dance lyrics are edited and clean, the park is kept very clean and they understand when emergencies come up.
Pros
Discounts, friendly staff, clean work environment, appreciation parties
Cons
Little room for advancement, pay could be better
Sad, wish they'd pack up and leave our county.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rutherford County, NCSeptember 8, 2019
Manager is very unprofessional.
Don't worry about speaking to HR they only seem to care.
I watched some of the best people I ever worked with get treated poorly.
Will be promised the moon and stars at hire date. You will soon find out it's all lies
Pay is less than livable.
Managers do NOT allow you to speak about pay because pay rates are so unfair.
Fast paced fun place to work.
Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  North Java, NYSeptember 7, 2019
This is a fast paced place of employment. The managers are laid back to an extent (meaning if you do your job as asked and in the time as asked they are more relaxed with what you do). Work with people around the same age as you so everyone is really easy to get along with.
Assistant manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 3, 2019
Management didn’t take care of issues when addressed other wise my husband and I would still be there .Mangement should of talk to this girl how to talk to customer
Pros
Assistant would be out side smoking a lot through out the day
Cons
Could improve with new management a youn child needs to learn customer service skills better
Be prepared to be Used, Harassed by Certain Managers, and have Too much drama, with not enough action
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 28, 2019
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!! This place will use you as much as they can! As soon as you stand your ground and say “no I can’t come in on my one scheduled day off,” they will throw a hissy fit and call the owners and say that you don’t work at all or do what they want and they will fire you! I am not even joking! I saw many people get fired and evicted because management didn’t like them. Lawsuit waiting to happen if you ask me. They don’t care about you or their patrons. They just want bodies and someone to yell at and let out all their frustrations onto. They don’t even provide you WATER!! You have to go to the store and pay $3 for a small bottle of water! They did provide a cooler and ice if you wanted to buy and bring your own. Which because you work outside you have to have water... these people don’t care and are awful employees!!!

My spouse had a similar experience while working here. Here is their review: Jellystone Park starting out was very good. The managers were friendly, coworkers were helpful and it really is a beautiful place. After a month of working there is when things started to go down the drain. Within a month I was yelled and cursed out by one of the managers for doing the job they had told me to do. The issue attracted the attention of other coworkers and also park guests who heard the vulgar language but this manager did not care (nor had they in the past). Eventually the general manager was called and the issue was “handled” as best as they could with the manager which showed no care for anyone else including themselves by the way they conducted themselves.
  more... As time went on this became a reoccurring thing happening almost a half dozen times in less than 5 months. Each time the manager would curse me out I would have to get the GM involved eventually leading up to the owner of the park having to take action. The saddest part is that this manager had so little respect for other human beings that it took 5 confrontations for them to understand that is harassment in the work place is illegal and that actions would be taken against them if it continued. Personally I think that action should be taken after 1 warning but that did not happen in this case. I was constantly afraid to go to work for fear of being cursed or yelled at each and every day. The excitement of a new job went away quickly because of this individual. I ended up leaving because 1. I could no longer take the constant attack’s from those who were supposed be the leaders but used their employees as verbal and emotional punching bags and 2. I didn’t not agree with many things that happened and the harassment that went as far up to the level of the owner of the park.

Just a heads up for those looking to work here (especially those working outside): water is not provided. You must bring your own or buy it up at the shop. I’m no OSHA expert and I may be wrong, and forgive me if I am, but I thought it was required for employers to provide their prior with free portable drinking water. Just pointing that out. One of the maintenance guys would bring in his personal water cooler each day (nicest guy that worked there).

If you disagree with how things are done on the owners level.....let’s just say I saw a friend get evicted because of it. Not saying this against the GM or other managers but I hope that someone would stand up to the owners on what is right and what is wrong.

The amount of gossip that went around here was astonishing. I’ve worked in companies of 100+ that had less gossip than this place that had only a dozen at that. That is not the case with all the managers and employees but there were some “bad apples” that needed to be let go.

The general managers hands seem to be so tied to what they were and were not allowed to do. If you’re going to have people in charge of a business for you then trust them. I think this is a lesson that certain people here needed to learn.

Quick tip: the bathhouses....wouldn’t recommend using them. They are u clean even though they are “cleaned”..... a high powered hose and hot water doesn’t beat the use of soap....just saying.

Pros. The general manager and store manager were very sweet and would try to accommodate us as much as humanly possible. One of the maintenance guys is one of the best people you’ll ever meet and he will bend over backwards to help you out.
Pros
Nothing, one maintenance guy, fun jokes between us and management
Cons
Unfair owners, used, cursed at, no water provided, unclean bathhouses, an awful maintenance manager
Not a good place to work
Activity staff and lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 2, 2019
I don’t recommend working here the managers are terrible and very rude the office staff is rude and they treat there employees like dirt and there all just kids
Yogi Bear Campground
Water Attendant/Recreation and Activities (Current Employee) –  Luray, VAJuly 19, 2019
A typical day includes you sitting in the heat for 3+ hours when you can’t leave for water or the restroom. Management is not good. Over staffs regularly, not enough hours, too many hours. Most enjoyable part is making kids happy.
Meet alot of customers that come through
Host (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 6, 2019
I was let go due to the owner saying I wasn't a good fit and not enough budget hours. I told my co workers I was looking for a 2nd job and I was on disabilty and that is why I believe I was let go.
Pros
Free pop and popcorn
Cons
Only min. wage
Not recommended
Funzone, Recreation, and Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ashland, NHApril 10, 2019
Worked there for a summer.
Campers loved me and it was fun to be around them, but co-workers and recent managment suck. They base who's hired certain areas off the managers daughters choice.
Pros
Swimming after shift for free
Cons
Managment and hours
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 12, 2019
I worked at a privately owned Jellystone Park Resort. The owner is a very nice man and made my work experience there very enjoyable. It was a great job for me while I was in college.
Pros
Fun, great co-workers and management, good experience
Cons
unstable employment, no benefits or advancement opportunities
Jelly stone
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I liked working there it was fun when i was there I;d defenitly recremeend it to people who have never been a lifeguard its diffrent experice for sure.
Pros
lunch break and tan
Cons
long days
Management bad
Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INFebruary 10, 2019
Poor management, no room for advancement, nor raises. Management gets jealous when trying to advance in jobs. Targets people unfairly and sticks people with unbelieavable hours with no benefits or breaks
Pros
People in the park were friendly and mostly respectful
Cons
no breaks/ Benefits, Stuck with double shifts and even triple shifts due to understaffment
I love working there
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Quarryville, PAJanuary 4, 2019
I dont have any bad reviews everyone is friendly and they keep really busy the park is kept clean at all time and if there is a situation it gets handled right away, I dont plan on leaving yogi bear
Pros
Discounts on food and things in the ranger station
Cons
No free drinks
Fun place to work!
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New Hampton, NHOctober 27, 2018
Awesome place to work. Great friendly staff, management is one of the best I had yet , great place for team work and a great learning atmosphere, pay was great. Easy scheduling and relaxing pace at work.

The only con I know of is some of the guests who stay here destroy the bathrooms. If you see a toilet overflowing don’t keep crapping in them there not going to flush.
Pros
Free waters, good pay, friendly staff and management
Cons
Wishing I started in the spring instead of starting in the fall lol
Horrible Experience
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quarryville, PAOctober 3, 2018
When working at Jelly stone the management was so poor. I worked a previous season and was hoping that after wo years they would be better managed but was very disappointed. There was a new manager who was great and the boss treated him poorly to the point he quit. It was a big loss for everyone at Yogi and now the manager was a last resort pick who had ZERO knowledge. They treat all workers very disrespectful and is not a good work place for teens like it should be.
Pros
Fun Job
Excellent place to work with fast potential advancement
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Warrens, WIAugust 23, 2018
Management is great and always helpful. Position advancement at Jellystone Park is highly likely and makes for more work hours and more money. Meeting so many new people, whether it be guests or other employees, is a major plus. Great summer job for local high school and/or college kids.
Fun
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAAugust 22, 2018
I had so much fun working here. I’m part of the family so working with family and friends all day long and just laughing all the one is so much fun. And seeing the kids outside and not inside is so great to see!!!!!
Pros
Family and friends
Cons
A lot of people
Poor place to work at
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Natural Bridge, VAAugust 15, 2018
The park is not properly managed and kept up like it is supposed to be. Hazardous working conditions. You are extremely over worked and taken advantage of.
Pros
20% discounts on food and store items
Cons
Most days no breaks at all