JenCare Senior Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 17, 2019
Quantity over quality of life here. If you enjoy the passing of patients weekly come here other than that great place pay and benefits worse management ever
Pros
Lunches pay
Cons
Working with the golden aged group of our society and providing them with much needed care and attention
TRANSPORTER (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2019
a typical day a work starts pretty early for me. It's color atmosphere but very busy and demands the very best of your skills in costumer service and clear communication. The pay is decent compared to others. The hardest part would be is working most holidays but they are still paid nonetheless.
Pros
company events, raised pending annual review, free lunches occasionally, full-time with benefits
Cons
there are break downs in communication more are more frequent than one would expect or accept
Horrible leadership
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 20, 2019
Leadership was horrible. Turnover rate was terrible. They will hire anything breathing. MA's with no certification. Patients were talked about and treated badly. I was offered a position somewhere else with lower pay to get out.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
Unproductive and Unbalanced
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 14, 2019
JenCare was an overall nightmare for me, the cliquish nature of the leaders in the Market was unbearable. The behavior of the HRBP was despicable, how she plots to terminate employees who she does agree with is sad and does not fit the ChenMed Model. One could easily categorize her as a Corporate Psychopath. She manipulated Chenmed policies based on her own assumptions and does not believe she can be held accountable. Many team members were fearful to say anything about her as they fear she would target them. I feel sorry for the staff and patients as she has created a hostile working environment. I am sure this is not the vision the Chen Family intended.
Pros
Non
Cons
The worst experience you will ever have
Not a great place to work
Physician (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 16, 2019
I don't recommend it.They promise a lot more than they deliver. Get everything in writing or else it won't be honored. I've never seen a place like this.
Treat their employees horribly. Senior Leadership need to pay attention to awful reviews it could be a good place to work
Not needed (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2019
Company says one thing and really is another facts so many doctors leaving and staff leave all around and only a number do not Care about employees leadership high up needs to pay attention to companies
who treat staff good and pay better.
Pros
Cons
Everything awful place
Stressful, and unappreciated
LPN 3 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2019
Nurses are told to not think like nurses, the job position is made for MAs. Supervisors sit at computer all day passing around orders but never get up to help. All they focus on is wait times, not quality of care. Very disappointed. Definitely not your average primary care
Fast paced front desk work
Front Desk Team Member (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILFebruary 18, 2019
Jencare can be fast paced or slow on some days. It is a very small clinic therefore patients can become somewhat like family members. Training to do the work can be better executed so can communication within the office
Pros
Close patient relationships
Cons
Cold draft in the front and the clinic could use security
Run I would not recommend anyone to work for this company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 7, 2019
Listen when I tell you run away don’t waste your time the worse placed I ever worked in my life, supervisor always gossiping to other nurses extremely unprofessional goes on smoke breaks every 5 seconds yells at you and stirs up a lot of drama horrible horrible management if you go to them nothing ever gets resolved the because everyone is friends, the workload they put on the nurses along with messages and patient care makes every single day stressful and it’s an overall toxic work environment
Pros
Co workers
Poor management
Referral coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILFebruary 1, 2019
Lack of poor management skills and there are goad and bad cons I love the pto and insurance and benefits I hate the fact that they let me go due to a hippa violation I never made a mistake all the years I’ve been there and many people made the same mistake and never was fired it’s a really under handed company it’s all who you know in the company to get ahead
Pros
Good benefits
Productive company
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2019
Meet with management on goals for the week.
Work with team members to achieve their goals.
Hands on with the team.
Meet with different agents to help team members reach the goals together.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
communication
RELIEF PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 3, 2019
JenCare is one of the places that I have worked that makes me feel important. No matter how small my role seemed to be I was treated with dignity and respect.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
Needs to work on leadership
Medical Assistant-Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2018
Management is poorly and makes you feel like your job is not secure. They don't have room for opportunity. I have never felt like this before at any of the other facilities i have worked at. I feel like they need to work on improving management.
Pros
Events for seniors
Cons
Benefits are not good
Very busy
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  VASeptember 25, 2018
It is very busy at times and hectic. There are lots of short staff making work hectic at times. always changing from one thing to the next. can be a large work load.
Pros
everyone is nice
Cons
a lot of change
Supports value-based care, but sometimes focus is lost with increasing demand for productivity
none (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2018
More than adequate time allowed to spend with patients and family. Proactive in preventative care. Little opportunity for advancement if you are not a physician. Management not always fair with employee.
Pros
collaboration with specialist
Cons
physician driven only
Stressful.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
This company does not appreciate their staff. There is no way to advance in this company due to favoritism and management bringing in their friends for higher positions. You are doing 3 different jobs and not getting compensated for it.
Bad management
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 3, 2018
JenCare is a great company however their decision making when it comes to management is awful. They promote based on what degree you have so basically if you have a master’s you can be a manager even if you don’t have the skills to do the job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad management
great environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2018
You gain relationships with your patients and you never forget them. You tend to get close and watch out for your patients and care for them like family.
Overall good job, I enjoyed my experience.
Member Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2018
If you can adapt to change and not allow others to affect your mood. You can make it here. I really don't have anything negative to say,majority of my experiences were positive.
stressful
member development manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2018
Very stressful, the pay isn't appropriate for the work load, no leadership from my direct manager, constantly changing rules, no teamwork, cut-throat attitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JenCare Senior Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4