Jenkins Living Center Employee Reviews

Exciting and rewarding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDApril 6, 2018
Taking care of the residents is rewarding and fun. It’s a job that takes cooperation between the staff. Other than providing care to the residents it’s a pretty laid back work environment.
Quick paced and rewarding career
LPN (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDNovember 17, 2017
I love my coworkers! They are willing to take time to teach me things, and they help with everything. It's a great environment to work at. I work PRN (as needed) and love it.
Quick paced and busy environment
Nurse Aide trainee (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDNovember 2, 2017
I loved working at Jenkins as an NAT but as I was only 16 i did not like my hours. When I first started there they agreed to give me reasonable hours so I could balance my school and work but they did not do that. They scheduled me 4 to 11 nearly every day after school so it made it nearly impossible to find time to do my studies. Always understaffed. Made it impossible to follow state laws for using lifts and other things that prohibited use under 18. Only thing I loved was the residents and a select few of my coworkers.
Pros
Residents have good hearts and it was so fun to take care of them.
Cons
Have to work every other weekend including sundays, Very stiff about hours, Not a good place to work if you care about following the law, Almost forced to use lifts even if you're not 18.
Registered Nurse with a purpose
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDJune 19, 2017
I am currently taking courses to complete my Bachelor's degree and I want to be able to make a difference. I like to work with people and I like to care for people. I have learned that there are many different ways to do things and that there isn't always one way. The hardest part of my job is losing someone, the most rewarding and enjoyable is helping and making people happy. I do like team work and having every one get along.
Pros
Nice people
very good work enviornment
dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDJune 24, 2015
team members are awesome. management is great. the entire environment was really nice to work at. i learned about good time management. how to handle food. the requirements with working with food. and overall had a good experience
Fun working environment, Loved working with the elderly.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDMay 30, 2012
I liked my job as a housekeeper, I liked getting to know the elderly people and helping them in any way that I could.
Pros
work hours.
Cons
working weekends