Jenkins Restorations
41Low
4.3

Jenkins Restorations Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA18 reviews
Jenkins of sterling is a great place to work. I worked there for a little over two years and was promoted twice. I would still work there if I didnt move away from Sterling, VA.
Pros
Salary, culture, among many other things.
Cons
I have been here for 3 years. Their core values are a joke. They do not offer maternity leave, make us pay for company trucks, hire managers who have no experience with mitigation or reconstruction. Horrible place to work. Very unhappy.
Pros
Okay Christmas bonus
Cons
Micro manager the heck out of you
Your day begins early, managing schedules for jobs and crews. Constant communication with homeowners so we meet set expectations. Weekly visits to on going project for quality check and in between taking new claims and scheduling them to fit your schedule and the homeowners schedule. A plus is lots of work is done remotely from your computer and when you are home you have the opportunity to catch up on work.The workplace is great, from management to peers, everyone is very respectful and always have your best interest at heart. The hardest part of the job is balancing your work with family as you constantly have to speak to clients, but it is definitely worth it. The best part of the job is using our knowledge of construction to help people in need that are going through hard times in their lives.
Nice place to work however... the job can be quite stressful due to the varying demands of the different personality types of customers. There are a large amount of people to keep happy and informed from the many mid-level managers, directors, and vp's, to customers, adjusters and third party administrators, etc.
This is not a 9-5 and you it will be in your best interest to answer your phone even after hours.

Lots of hard work which is not a bad thing as your pay can potentially be commensurate with your level of willingness to put the effort in.
Though I have only been here a few weeks and there is much to learn in a short time, I feel the reward will be worth it. All my co-workers are great to work with and will stop and help you out at anytime you need it. Work environment is sometimes nerve racking on some days and laid back on others.
I feel I can grow with this company once I get my training done and start understanding the process of my job and all it entails.
Official response from Jenkins Restorations
July 25, 2019
I'm proud to see the teamwork taking place so new employees can experience that!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great corporate culture. Competitive pay and wonderful benefits. Truly fulfilling work. If you're willing to work hard, you will be compensated well and noticed by management for your efforts. Overall a great place to work!
I love working here and working with everyone. It’s a great place to come into. Everyone’s always cheerful and loves to help one another. I’ve never been turned down getting anything I need to make my job easy and effortless
Jenkins is always growing and new positions become available very regularly. They promote from within a good bit which is always fun to see. Everyone who works here knows there’s a communication issue of sorts which can be a pain at times. It’s all a work in progress.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Jenkins Restorations is an incredible place to work. From the culture to the pay, it's outstanding. Everyone gets along, and the "higher ups" all seem to be down to earth and truly care about the people they employ.
I have worked at this amazing company for almost 7 years now. I have recommended positions to numerous friends and family members. Many of whom have applied and also work for Jenkins. I would not have done so if I felt this wasn't a great company to work for. Jenkins has blessed me beyond what I could have hoped for. Yes there have been stressful seasons and I have not always agreed with every decision made by our corporate office but I do know the heart of those leading this company and trust that they seek God with every decision they make. That gives me confidence in their leadership even when i don't always agree. I will be with this company until God calls me elsewhere. This is a great place to work. the culture is phenomenal. Each day changes with each job you have. I love that it's not repetitive. Each job brings new challenges which keeps me on my toes and keeps things fresh. The hardest part about this job in my opinion would be developing your sub-contractor base. Make sure they provide quality work, on budget and with exceptional communication. They are hard to find.
This is a great company to work for/with. We are employee owned, so everything you do or don't do has an impact on the company. I truly enjoy working here.
Great culture. You have to work hard but you are compensated for working hard.
Great culture.

It can be difficult dealing with homeowners at times.
Jenkins Restorations is a great place to work. Awesome culture and many opportunity for advancement. Family is very important and they do a good job of living out their values.
Work life balance is fantastic so long as you set up a system that works for you. As an estimator in Sterling I schedule my own appointments which gives me more freedom to do my job how I would like (freedom is given so long as you're performing well of course). I would recommend this job to most of my friends and family.
I met some of the most amazing people when I worked here. Family types who love their work and love God. I found that some of my best lifelong friends came as a result of my employment there.
Pros
great people
Cons
I loved working at Jenkins. The pay for entry-level was unlivable for me so I had to seek employment that was able to pay more - especially for NOVA area. I miss working in such a great environment though.
Pros
Tons!
Cons
Low pay
Official response from Jenkins Restorations
December 12, 2018
We feel our entry level position compensation is on pace with the marketplace rates. However, our goal is to promote our entry level positions to other positions in our company after 1-3 years. Our company believes strongly in promoting from within, and this has been something we've done well for the past decade or 2. Our environment, or company culture, is something that is unique and sets us apart. Our Mission Statement, "Restoring Property and Lives with a Servant's Heart" is not just something we hang on the wall for all to see. It's something we try to live out on a daily basis.
Jenkins is dedicated to make money and to help each employee to succeed. They pay well with a base salary and a great commission structure. Overall a great company
Made lots of promises for advancement that were never met. Has high expectations for it workers.
Pros
Company card, great coworkers
Cons
high work load