Jenkins Restorations Employee Reviews

No job advancement for me at least i am hispanic
Mitigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 9, 2019
Loved working as a Tech
But I felt they wanted to limit my growth in on one position I tried asking for furthering training I would get denied it was hard after all I loved my job .
Pros
Good money
Cons
Some what discriminatory
April 10, 2019

Jenkins Restorations makes every effort to hire for a specific position. Almost all business lines have tiers of advancement, and many leaders and managers are promoted from within the company.

We also encourage local managers to groom future leaders at all levels.

Those same leaders enforce a zero-tolerance policy for all forms of discrimination and have open-door (and anonymous) policies available to address HR issues as soon as possible once they know about the issue.

Great people
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 2, 2019
I met some of the most amazing people when I worked here. Family types who love their work and love God. I found that some of my best lifelong friends came as a result of my employment there.
Pros
great people
Cons
Awesome Place to make a career.
Project Manager/Estimator/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2019
Enjoyed my time there very much. Had family issues and had to leave. The only real issue is the stress from the jobs. Sometimes with certain customers it could be overwhelming. A place you could advance (and I did) easily and quickly. Supportive management. Pay could have been better for the position. But wasn't terrible.
Pros
Vehicle, gas car, ability to advance
Cons
Stress of customers
A Culture that Stands Above
Core Claims Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2019
I worked at Jenkins for 2 years. It was a wonderful place to work. The culture is certainly different in a very positive way. The managers are wonderful and genuinely want to help you succeed. The Seattle office is full of great people who enjoy their work and it fosters a good sense of team work. The only difficult part of the job is balancing customer service, serving the adjusters and serving the subcontractors. However, I know that is standard for the industry. Overall, I had a wonderful time and would encourage anyone to consider working for Jenkins.
Pros
Culture, Care for others, healthcare, retirement, Esop
I Started a Career Here!
Mitigation Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 6, 2019
I started here with the intention of starting with a great company, helping others during a time of need, and getting as many hours as possible. This company has delivered!

As a tech, you will work long/unusual hours and if you come here knowing that, you will be able to handle the demands.

The culture is great here. When I first started, this was a job opportunity, but now it has become a family!

Finally, with Jenkins being a privately owned company, they do a great job with quality control, so the employees here are genuine, hard working people, trying to provide for their families. Also, you will be afforded unique opportunities. For example, I work out of the Georgia office, but I recently aided in the hurricane responses as a result of Hurricane Florence in the Carolinas.

What first started out as a job opportunity has quickly shown its potential and I know that I have found a career here.
Pros
good pay, overtime, great culture, competitive, goal driven, opportunity, fast pace, non stop work
Cons
stressful industry
Competitive yet prospering environment
CCPM (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 6, 2019
Every day is packed full of challenges that change from day to day. Jenkins strives to live out its mission "Restoring property and lives with a servants heart" and to uphold biblical values. We are given the task of managing multiple projects simultaneously while keeping track of several administrative duties. The work place culture is surrounded by competitive yet caring associates who help you to achieve your goals. We're a great team striving for excellence.
Pros
Ability to help restore property and lives
Cons
Stress levels can be high to due circusmstances beyond our control (i.e subs and irate homeowners)
Fast pace insurance industry, non stop claims
Claims Project Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 28, 2019
It has been quite the learning curve, jumping from normal estimating process to insurance claims. GO, GO, GO is the name of the game. I love the culture of the company, and some aspects of the project management. Because we work directly with the insurance companies, there are many steps that are required. We have to work with many 3rd party companies also. Some people thrive in with style of work, and others not so much. Just because you have previous experience in project management, does not mean you will succeed in the insurance claim world.
Pros
Great people and culture. good benefits
Cons
Non stop calls coming in, lots of people to deal with
January 30, 2019

We do work in a 24/7 industry, and that leads to a very high-paced environment. We have to respond to our customer's needs and serve them in the time of crisis. On most jobs, we have 3 customers, the property owner, the Insurance company, as well as the 3rd party administrator. To deliver the kind of service our customers expect, we must respond to their calls and emails with urgency and that can be taxing on our employees over time. We do it with a Servant's Heart to serve our customers and live out our Mission Statement. We do our best as a company to make sure our employees aren't worked beyond their capacity in order to live up to our core values, including "Commitment to Family".

Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCDecember 27, 2018
Great place to work, Very christian based company. Management is very nice and always there to answer any questions or just help out in any way possible.
Long hours little pay
Mitigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 7, 2018
Work all hours of the day and night with very little compensation. Co-workers were horrible and you will get abused if you don't speak up for yourself.
December 10, 2018

A technician position is required to be available 24/7 in our business as we have to respond to our customer's needs and serve them in the time of crisis. We have researched, and we feel our compensation for technicians is above market value. Our technicians commonly serve in that capacity for 1-3 years and then move to another position in the company. Although our Seattle branch has undergone a leadership change in the past year, the future is bright and the office camaraderie is on the rise.

good place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2018
over all a good place to work, they provide good training and a good work environment. they need to work on there upper management, also they need to trust there employees know what there doing if they put them in a situation where they are the local leadership
December 10, 2018

The training we offer our team members is one of the differentiators that sets us apart from our competitors. A rapidly growing, dynamic company, we believe in promotion from within whenever possible. The work environment is part of our unique company culture, which stems from our Mission, Vision, and Core Values. Although we provide training for our managers, we are always looking for additional ways to increase learning and understanding of what we do and how we do it. Since we are structured as a matrix organization, there exists at time to time a healthy “tension”. Working through that tension in a positive manner is part of the designed plan to make us stronger.

Terrible! No family/work separtation
Water Damage/Mold Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 14, 2018
Seemed like a positive move when I first started but eventually found out the company is full of false promises. They work you to death/no family time
Pros
Decent pay and job security
Cons
No family/work separtation, poor management and poor structure
December 17, 2018

Due to the nature of the insurance restoration industry, hours can be quite different from a normal 9-5 job and certain positions require an "on call" response. We do our best to make sure each office is adequately staffed in order to allow employees time off.

Ambiente de trabajo agradable
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 13, 2018
Una buena compañía, ambiente agradable, trabajo en equipo.
Pros
Una compañia grande
Cons
Poca diveraificacion
Good Company
Anonymouse (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 16, 2018
I loved working at Jenkins. The pay for entry-level was unlivable for me so I had to seek employment that was able to pay more - especially for NOVA area. I miss working in such a great environment though.
Pros
Tons!
Cons
Low pay
December 12, 2018

We feel our entry level position compensation is on pace with the marketplace rates. However, our goal is to promote our entry level positions to other positions in our company after 1-3 years. Our company believes strongly in promoting from within, and this has been something we've done well for the past decade or 2. Our environment, or company culture, is something that is unique and sets us apart. Our Mission Statement, "Restoring Property and Lives with a Servant's Heart" is not just something we hang on the wall for all to see. It's something we try to live out on a daily basis.

good people
Emergency Service Coordinator/ Mitigation Tech (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 19, 2018
the people are great. job is laid back. only problem not office are treated the same. tech are over work sometimes and under work other time, the is Christian based
December 17, 2018

Due to the nature of the insurance restoration industry, hours can vary from time to time. When a storm or other natural disaster strikes, it can become necessary to work longer hours to help as many families as possible during that time. We do our best as a company to make sure that individuals aren't worked beyond their capacity in order to live up to our core values, including "Committment to Family".

Mitigation and Emergency Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2018
Tough industry and high turnover rate. High hours when times are busy. Feast or famine industry. Management can be unreasonable. Cutting pay and making it hard to get commission.
Great Company
Estimator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 12, 2018
Great company to work for. Demand for job performance can affect work/life balance, but the team is fantastic. I would recommend working here if you enjoy a high-paced, performance driven job opportunity.
Good place to work for a workaholic
EMERGANCY SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  MDJune 12, 2017
If your looking for a secure job with great benefits and room for growth this is the place for you. Unfortunately employees are overworked so if you have a lot of outside commitments it will be very difficult to balance life/work
Pros
Truck, gas card, phone, computer
Cons
on call 24/7/365
December 12, 2018

We do offer both great benefits as well as upward mobility. We believe strongly in promoting from within our organization. We do work in a 24/7 industry, and that can lead to a lot of hours in a day. A technician position is required to be available 24/7 in our business as we have to respond to our customer's needs and serve them in the time of crisis. Our technicians commonly serve in that capacity for 1-3 years and then move to another position in the company that isn't on call 24/7. To deliver the kind of service our customers expect, we must respond to their calls and emails with urgency and that can be taxing on our employees over time. We do it with a Servant's Heart to serve our customers and live out our Mission Statement.

Great Place to work
Large Loss Estimator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 17, 2017
I love working for this company. They are family oriented with opportunities to advance as they grow. Everyone here truly cares about each other. The biggest difference between this company and similar companies is that Jenkins hires based on character over experience
Pros
Opportunity for great money, Nice company vehicle, truly motivated management team
Cons
stressful industry.
Great company that has many opportunities for advancement
Mitigation Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 12, 2017
The company's culture is amazing. Everyone is willing to help so we all can succeed. The company is focused on customer satisfaction first and foremost. They encourage team building and will go the extra mile to help serve our customers in need.
Pros
Great benefits, company vehicle and credit cards to help get the job done.
Cons
Workload can get very busy at times, but provides unlimited overtime and help.
Automotive Restoration
Auto Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCMarch 2, 2017
Restored and rebuilt old antique Cadillac and Buicks for customers all over the world. The job was enjoyable bringing the autos back to life
Pros
Great people to work around
Cons
went out of business when the owner got sick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jenkins Restorations. Our community is ready to answer.