Jenkins Restorations Management reviews

Great place
Jenkins Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  USAJune 14, 2019
The best part of this Job is that the schedule allows family time.

Management and office staff are great.

I am motivated to perfect my english.

Very happy to Work here
Best work environment
Large Loss Project Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJune 14, 2019
Jenkins software, technology, equipment, training has made my life so much easier. This company has excelled for excellence. The management is extraordinary and will help you in anyway possible to be successful. I love the spiritual work culture. Jenkins holds high morals that most companies do not offer. Hardest part of the job is time management as there is never enough time in the day. On a day to day bases I’m glad to be a part of this great work environment.
Mitigation technician at Jenkins
Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach VAJune 14, 2019
As a mitigation technician my day starts at the shop loading up my truck with equipment going to my job site performing demolition such as removing drywall, hardwood flooring, laminate, vinyl, going into a crawlspace removing insulation setting up equipment Air movers and dehumidifiers. I have learned that Jenkins value their employees and is committed to per Friday and a great work a I have learned that Jenkins value their employees and is committed to the well-being of their employees regardless of their position. Management is outstanding both my immediate supervisor and my branch manager stay very much involved with our lives not just what we are doing on the job but what we are doing in our lives, Their leader ship is great. The work environment is comfortable good camaraderie with with my teammates and office staff. The most difficult part of my job as a mitigation technician is to be ready to provide excellent service 24 hours a day especially late-night calls. The best part of my job is the trust and flexibility that Jenkins has in me to perform my job as well as I can and also be able to enjoy time with family and friends.
Success depends on subs and customers. Despite everything you do.
Core Claims Project Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJune 14, 2019
Above excellent place to work because of its workplace culture. Unfortunately, pay and commission is low. Your success is dependent on your customer reviews, and subcontractors. Something that seems simple up front, but in reality it is near extreme challenge to keep subs happy. Customers are customers. You can do everything right in your power but customers are customers. The unfortunate part is that the employee will not reap any compensation towards the commission structure. The good part, good management to back you and thats about it. At the end of the day, good management doesn't put food on the table. It is your hard work but as I said, despite following everything to the "T", circumstances are inevitable, customers are customers, subs are subs, all of which you do not have direct control over. For this, they determine your success with Jenkins, not the work and plenty of hours you will put in. They say is you are doing everything to keep your customer happy and communicate, communicate etc. that you will be fine; not the case. Overall, excellent company with great people. Pay - I'd like to see managements algorithms and data based on location, NOT NATIONAL. Frequently we are told we are compensated above national standard. Please have this research shared and provided to all employees with detailed numbers and facts. Too often when this happens management tends to generalize information to mask the reality. Real numbers, real research, real facts on how this is produced and determined. Commissions - this is another discussion. Look forward to it? No, because there are  more... too many factors that do not reflect the time and effort you put in to it.  less
Jenkins flow
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAJune 14, 2019
Jenkins is a great company to work for great people but some tough jobs but with our team we knock it all out and keep on to the next one. Management is on top of everything keep up the good work everyone
Culture is the key!
Core Claims Project Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJune 14, 2019
The workplace culture is one of the best that I have ever seen! The managers, all the way up the chain of command, are accessible and helpful. Whenever there is an unsolved opportunity, everyone pools their resources to solve whatever needs fixing. This includes help from other co-workers, advice and guidance from managers, and advice and guidance from the Corporate office. There is also a directive to do the right thing and treat people with respect and consideration. There is also the ability to participate in devotions, which can be uplifting and a general catharsis for daily burdens. Overall, the culture is what makes working in restoration a positive atmosphere.
Recommendation for Jenkins Restorations
Large Loss Estimator (Current Employee) –  USAJune 14, 2019
Jenkins Restorations is a great workplace for anyone looking not just for work opportunities but also a close-knit community. Jenkins' mission statement of "Restoring property and lives with a servant's heart" is very readily apparent in how each employee interacts with customers, professional partners, and coworkers. Even amidst the challenges and stresses of the restoration industry, Jenkins' management helps each employee identify paths to achievement, provides them a strong support along the way, and enables them to advance in their respective role. The executive team truly demonstrates Jenkins' core values, including trustworthiness, honesty, and a genuine care for others to name a few. This way of thinking trickles down through the entire organization and can be felt at any level. I highly recommend this company and am very grateful to be a part of it.
CCPM life
Core Claims Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MDJune 14, 2019
A typical day at work for me starts in the morning and is over when I go to sleep, If your self motivated it's the place for you. You have ample opportunity to learn and forward your career if you so desire. The management team is hands down one of the best I've seen. Workplace culture is pretty good everyone seems to have the same goals and desires for the growth of the company, but we try to have fun doing so. The hardest part of the job would probably be at times I overload myself with work. "Self inflicted". The best part of the job would be that you can set your own goals, six figures or five depending on how hard you push.
Review
Project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  OverheadJune 13, 2019
Pros

culture and environment is laid back
jeans to work, very casual dress code and provided some nice Jenkins gear
most of upper management is really friendly and approachable
More of a caring environment, most employees are very easy to get along with
Most employees try to help each other
Majority of employees receive an company vehicle and don’t have to pay for gas even on way to work or personal drives
Receive a cell phone which some employees use as only cell
Depending on when you got hired they take new employees out
If in an emergency position can make a lot of overtime
There are employees making a lot of money who came in with little experience and no degree

Cons
You will constantly be on the phone even after you leave for the day/weekends/vacation
Nepotism to the extreme here
Tons of people who were friends before or related, half your office probably goes to a church together
Managers constantly play favorites and pick on those they don’t like
This company cannot handle negative feedback
Most positions require long hours and the feeling that you are always working
High turnover rate
A lot of how does this person still have this job? (answer- usually related to someone/friends with someone)
Managers here cannot handle conflict resolution
Management will ask how they can improve your job then completely ignore everything that was said and barely acknowledge it
There seems to be no reward or incentive for those who work the hardest except more work and no negative consequences for those who do the bear minimum/ ditch work for
  more... others

Summary
This job is great if you are a managers favorite and you will have more of a chance of moving up. If a manager decides they dont like you they wont want to promote you and will promote their favorites and friends instead. If you're a female I wouldn't bother making a move here unless all you want to do here is only be an admin. This is a boys club plus a few female relatives they have hired. If you're willing to work nonstop you can make some good money but you're also at the mercy of your clients. People are not terribly excited to be here but they will put up with everything for the coworkers and the money. Its not the worst place to work but there's nothing about here that stands out and keeps you. A lot of people constantly leave so you might have a lot of people who enjoy working with who leave. There's a lot of nepotism overall. If there is someone who is out to get you managers will not help the situation at all or care. There are a few difficult people Jenkins refuses to do anything about or fire especially if they are friends/related to other employees. Every experience depends on each office, some are better than others.
This is the company you've been looking to work with!!!
Core Claims Project Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJune 13, 2019
Great company to work with! Awesome faith-based culture and business ethic. Work hard and you will be handsomely rewarded. This company and it's team members are a lot of fun to work with. Everybody has a voice that is listened to by management.
Road to Success
Core Claims Project Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJune 13, 2019
The management style and team work culture is great. I have access to my peers at all times, and learn something new almost everyday. Even in an office that isn't running full steam yet, there is a pride that comes with working here.
The hardest part of the job is the human element with homeowners, and learning hard lessons when subs do not work out.
The best part of the job is the fact that no matter how a job goes, if you learn from your mistakes and always give 100%, you will receive the support you need to succeed.
Culture is key
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAJune 13, 2019
Jenkins Restorations is a family first business. Considering we provide emergency services, it's not always the perfect balance, but it is an important focus. Jenkins is Employee Owned and the opportunities provided are growing daily. Executive team is working to provide a roadmap and the individual offices are making it happen. Jenkins isn't perfect, but the people are special. The job isn't for someone looking to skate by, but if you're looking for a challenging career with lots of growth options, you found it.
More than I imagined
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAJune 13, 2019
This place is more than I could have imagined when coming on board. The company continually lives up to its core values. Management and coworkers alike exhibit a genuine care for each other on a daily basis. I regularly see examples of mangers supporting their employees on a personal level first knowing that will result in a higher chance of success for that person on work.

As the company continues to grow, there are often new opportunities to advance. If you have demonstrated success in your current role and are eager to move up or into a lateral position, you will most certainly get an opportunity.

The employee ownership aspect is also pretty exciting. Although it’s relatively new for us, I am already seeing examples of my coworkers at all levels, thinking and acting like true co-owners. The commitment and bond it has created has been truly great to watch develop.

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I joined the team and now I can’t imagine leaving.
Perfect Balance
Core Claims Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXJune 13, 2019
Jenkins provides a perfect balance of culture and professional growth. Management and upper management believe in and adhere to the core values of the company and utilize those core values to not only provide service to the customers but also to every employee-owner in the company.
Opportunity!
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAJune 13, 2019
So much opportunity. Seeing people advance to management levels is so motivating for the team! Being part of the growth has been a rewarding experience.
Great People..Chalanging work.
Large Loss Project Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJune 12, 2019
Jenkins Restorations is a company based on high moral and business expectations. The work day is from 7-4:30, but Branch managers can give some flexibility...dependent upon position.
Working at Jenkins has caused a greater diligence in my overall work ethic and I believe I have grown in my skillsets. Our Management has been very supportive to help meet company and personal goals. Overall we seem to have really great people here (decent human beings).
The people are the best part about Jenkins.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJune 12, 2019
I love working at Jenkins. I love the culture at Jenkins. We've been told by new employees that everyone is really friendly but there is a quiet sense of urgency in the background. I think that is true. We have a lot of friendly and kind but hard working team members. We're competitive but help each other. We've had a few folks suffer personal tragedies and the support from fellow employees and management is amazing. There is a friendly banter about the office I work in. The people at Jenkins are the best part about the job. I also really like the growth potential.
All in all a good company to work for
Large Loss Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling VAJune 12, 2019
Nice place to work however... the job can be quite stressful due to the varying demands of the different personality types of customers. There are a large amount of people to keep happy and informed from the many mid-level managers, directors, and vp's, to customers, adjusters and third party administrators, etc.
This is not a 9-5 and you it will be in your best interest to answer your phone even after hours.
Lots of hard work which is not a bad thing as your pay can potentially be commensurate with your level of willingness to put the effort in.
Blessed by Jenkins
PM Environmental Commercial Mitigation (Current Employee) –  OverheadJune 12, 2019
Working with Jenkins so far has been quite the change in job culture from what I was accustomed to. At Jenkins you get the sense that management has your best interest at heart and wants to see you succeed. It doesn't hurt the fact that you know every decision made has faith backing it, this is helpful when working in a stressful industry such as disaster restoration. Currently I am quite pleased with my decision to be employed with Jenkins.
PRO: Great Company Culture CON: Poor Management Communication
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAJune 12, 2019
Overall I really do like my job with Jenkins Restorations. The people I work with are great & very kind. The work I do in my position is difficult at times and requires more then 40 hr standard work week to meet deadlines. The company provides transportation, computer & phone which I am very thankful for. I feel that upper management could do better in there communication and working with there employees to satisfy issues (This is my opinion and it is not to say that all the upper management have this issues). I like that Jenkins is willing to train and educate there people so that they can be equipped to do there job at the highest quality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jenkins Restorations. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5