JENKS PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Great place , Great people
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKDecember 31, 2018
Jenks is a great school full of great teachers and staff. Kids come first to JPS and that’s the best part! Great job and great benefits! I definitely recommend working for JPS and having your child attend school at Jenks. Pay is fair and the jobs are fulfilling.
Pros
Great hours
Good Job; Bad Pay
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKNovember 15, 2018
I love being a substitute but definitely don't get it to it for the money. There has been one raise of $5 a day in 5 years. Kids are extremely well behaved. Staff is a little snobby.
Stressful but rewarding workplace
Substitute School Nurse and Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKFebruary 1, 2018
A typical day consists of preparing the lunch time routine medication distribution. Assessing and treating minor cuts and scrapes and bouts of illness. In an emergency, I am the first responder. Responsible for the care of the individual as well as the crowd. My job would be to delegate duties and de esculate the crowd while I was assessing the patients status and needs. We have a very supportive culture with team work. The culture at Jenks is a competive spirit yet lighthearted and fun. The hardest part of my job was being the sole decision maker. Low pay for the amount of stress of the job. No uninterrrupted lunch breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping children and families develope and grow.
Pros
Great family friendly work hours. Greater patient acuity in the schools
Cons
No uninterrupted breaks, teacher salary pay, overall high stress
nice place to work.its very rewarding making a deference in students lives.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 5, 2018
Jenks Public Schools is an awesome place to work.my field is working with the special needs.which is a good place to be.the pay is not very good .but it is a rewarding job.
Pros
our students parents are very good to us.they cater our lunchs to us on special day.
Cons
job is great ! we just do get paid enough.
Satisfying because of the need, frustrating because of the pay.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKOctober 3, 2018
Working as a teacher in OK is fulfilling in that you have the opportunity to help shape young lives and inspire a love of learning. It is also frustrating because of the poor pay and low priority that the state places on teaching human resources.
Decent job for a little extra money but not for main source of income.
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKSeptember 5, 2017
The kids are the sole reason why I stayed at Jenks for so long. Working there is fun, however, do not expect a raise nor advancement in this job. This job is tough physically, mentally and emotionally. You must have a love of gymnastics and a love for the kids that you coach. The management here could be better.
Pros
impacting kids lives
Cons
no raises, no advancement
I enjoyed my teaching years at Jenks but left for better benefits.
Mathematics Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKNovember 11, 2017
At Jenks I had a regular and mostly unchanging schedule teaching Geometry and Algebra. I had extra duties as well, supervising breakfast, three lunch periods and after school detention. I enjoyed the teachers around me and liked visiting with them in the halls in between classes. I also liked talking with students in the halls and in the cafeteria. Management changed several times during my 25 years there but for the most part it was well managed and nearly seamless between administrative changes. There was a culture of continued excellence there.

I really enjoyed using the technology that Jenks provided, including a one-to-one program where each student was issued a chromebook and teachers had surface pro computers to enhance lesson plans and streamline assignments and quizzes making grading and analysis quick and easy. This in part allowed me to pursue secondary loves like music and woodworking.

The hardest part of the job was balancing finances with a small salary and benefits that were still out of reach when it came to actually going to the doctor.
I did learn a lot over the years in the ares of technology and became very good at utilizing spreadsheets, at times creating my own formulas to customize and randomize problems for assignments and quizzes.
Pros
Technology and personal time for hobbies
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
good place
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKDecember 7, 2018
friendly people. with a friendly attitude they are helpful and work with your schedule as much as possible. the pay is okay and it is kinda hard to get a full time position at the pool
Great Police department
POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKAugust 27, 2018
Great police department, great training provided etc. The previous chief was fantastic, from what I have heard the new chief is great as well. The supervisors below the chief are terrible, making it a very difficult place to work. Lots of favoritism on his part.
Very Good
Teacher - Science (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKJuly 10, 2018
If you would like to teach, then consider Jenks Public Schools where there is a very good workplace culture. Coworkers and administrators are happy to support your teaching efforts.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKJuly 24, 2018
The staff is amazing and very supportive. The job is very demanding but also very rewarding. You will have a hard time finding a better staff that will be as supportive.
Perfect place if you love working with children
library assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaAugust 7, 2013
To work in a school environment it is not because of the salary. It is rewarding because you make a huge difference in children's lives.
Another major benefit is having the summer off with your children and returning \ back to work with your children when school resumes.

You stay busy all the time, there is never a dull moment and there's certainly no time to get bored.
Pros
Having summers off
Cons
Salary is low
Wouldn't Recommend
Custodial Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 11, 2018
No direction or guidance. Manager didn't give instruction as to expectations. Basically started and put me to work on my own. I'm good with that but need some idea as to what they expected of me.
Greatest school in Oklahoma
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKMay 15, 2018
Jenks East has been my home for 4 years. I am very sad to have to leave. This is the BEST school to teach at in Oklahoma by far. It's very diverse but that makes it very interesting.
Bad management.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKAugust 30, 2015
Management would not help you or back you up as leader teacher. Very disfunction kind of classroom. Asst teachers was disrespectful and would not comply. And management did not care or wanted to be bothered even with parents complaints of other staff.
Pros
Good benefits with the company.
Cons
Bad co workers and management
Working with children is always a joy!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 19, 2018
The best part of the job...the children! Teaching, sharing, caring and watching them grow is so rewarding. Wages...it's public school in the state of Oklahoma...peanuts.
Pros
The kids
Cons
The poor wages
Best District in the Tulsa Area
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKApril 23, 2018
Jenks is a district that cares about its employees. Teachers are given great training, resources, and guidance. There's a good deal of parental support.
Most people work there for many years
Deputy Clerk of the Board - PRIVATE (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKOctober 1, 2012
Friendly, helpful co-workers, good benefits.
Busy place with new technology
Cross training is helpful
Pros
progressive
No training
Coordinator for Before and After School Program (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKJanuary 21, 2018
I was disappointed with this job. There was no training and no support from "management". I was not well staffed nor did I have the funds to run a day care up to standards.
Well maintained & managed
Boot Camp Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKJanuary 24, 2018
Working as an independent instructor with the school system has been very rewarding experience. The facilities are very well maintained & efficiently run.