Jennie-O Turkey Store Employee Reviews

Be productive
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIMarch 24, 2019
Work hard and fast you might get some where there. The management treated you good and very friendly co workers. Human resources very nice and easy to work with otherwise all out great company to work for.
Wash crew. Perfect with the right crew.
Wash Crew (Current Employee) –  Barron, WIMarch 24, 2019
I’ve been on the wash crew for two years. Typical day: meet at home base at 5 am. Then the 8 of us drive company vehicles to the farm of the day. Set up pressure washers and unroll hoses. Ready to start washing brood barn (300ft barn typically) usually by 730. I listen to headphones and wash my fraction of the barn from ceiling to floor. Wash a tractor or two and some gates at every farm. Inspect and clean up things missed and by then the water trucks comes and pumps all the water we used that day. We then disinfect and leave. 1 hour driving. 1 hour setting up. 4 hours pressure washing (pretty easy). 1hour pumping. 1 hour disinfecting= 8hrs. Management is typical for the most part. Always pushing (that’s business). At the same time very reasonable. Wash crew is gem in this regard. If you respect the few superiors you see, they’ll respect you. Culture: in my 2 years, only 5 of the original 9 employees remain. The young adults don’t love it so they don’t last but at 27 it’s been my easiest job. It’s mostly. Moslty males on the wash crew but females do the job to standards and beyond as well. There is drama from time to time. But that’s any team. The crew has each other’s backs, we have our supervisors back and she has ours. Hardest parts: 5 am start. Starting out, how clean these barns are expected to be blows the mind of every new person we get. Including me. Most enjoyable: man this job is a blessing. No boss breathing down your neck. Take a break when you need some fresh air for a second. Lost of down time some days due to circumstances out of our control. With the right crew  more... I almost look forward to going to work. Headphones are allowed. Most people outside of the crew we deal with are pretty nice as well it’s an awesome job, for the lost part.  less
Pros
Freedom, benefits, good people.
Cons
Should be paid better. High:unrealistic aspirations
productive
sr, production manager (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNMarch 10, 2019
take care of the daily schedule, meet with the supervisors, go out and talk to the production employees to see if they had any concerns. meet with upper management to go over budgets.
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough employees
Depends what area you are in.
Poultry transfer (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIMarch 5, 2019
Hard factory work that can destroy your body if you are not careful. I believe they try to have to many bosses. If something goes wrong they usually were not very good at communication.
Pros
will hire almost any one
Cons
will hire almost any one
Something new always changing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNFebruary 12, 2019
Friendly environment , ability to learn new task. From poults to grower barns. Bio security. Ease if contacting supervisors. Good health, dental and vision benefits.
i didnt mind working here
sanitation (Former Employee) –  Barron County, WIFebruary 8, 2019
at jenni-o you are a number, the pay is decent, i liked that i got to move around, the pay went up based on a number of things. The hardest part is when a machine is down and you have to go sit in the lunch room anywhere from 30 minutes to 5+ hours
Pros
certificates for their products
Cons
your just a number to them
Productive and engaging work.
Training coordinator (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNFebruary 6, 2019
I supervised and maintained proper production while training staff on a monthly basis. While enhancing Good Manufacturing Practices and quality production on a consistent basis I ensured out product quality goals were met at all times.
Productive, busy and stressful at times
Supervisor 1st Shift Tipper Ties/Raw Hot Dogs (Current Employee) –  Pelican Rapids, MNFebruary 3, 2019
A typical day at work starts with making a schedule for employees. Monitoring employees daily progress against the schedule. Updating the schedule for order priority and communicating with 2nd shift supervisor.

Management can be hard to deal with at times. Sometimes it feels as those communicated issue go unheard/ignored.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with upper management about personnel issues.

Most enjoyable part is camaraderie built with the other supervisors.
Cons
work is your life.
Work place culture
Production Reporting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNJanuary 24, 2019
Work place culture is pretty relax. Most people are easy to get along with as well as easy to work with. There are many people from many different cultures as well different age groups.
Review depends on where in the company you work
Farm Laborer (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIJanuary 20, 2019
I worked on the farm locations the majority of the time. It was a decent job, management was a little spiteful depending on who you were dealing with. But, many of the management individuals on the farms were good to deal with, just a bit particular given their responsibility over the lives of the livestock itself.
Pros
Decent people, tons of variety
Cons
slight hostility between the levels of hierarchy
Not worth it
Egg Packer (Former Employee) –  Claremont, MNJanuary 17, 2019
The only good thing I liked about this job was the walking that we did. Our farm supervisor was never there and had no clue what actually went on. We barely got days off and the schedule was never the same. You had no personal life due to the fact that there wasnt enough people that worked there for you to even have one day off let alone two. Theres no room for advances, what you start out at you will stay at. The flock specialist was just an egg picker that got paid 3x what an egg picker makes. The turn around rate is so high due to the nasty conditions you worked in and the little salary you made. Yeah you got benefits, but those aren't that great either. This is a last resort job.
Pros
Break every hour
Cons
The whole job
Good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, MNJanuary 7, 2019
I liked the job and would like to go back there to work and work with the people who were working here cause we had a great relationship and worked together
Pros
Montevideo
Cons
Hour3
Fast Paced Environment
Parts Handler (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIDecember 15, 2018
This is a large company and nice to work for. Many different areas to work. A great place to make a career. You have to wear aprons and hair nets. Would recommend working here.
No comment
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Barron County, WINovember 27, 2018
No comments I didn't like the hours and the work days. It was hard to get time off with family. Hard to get vacation off. Plus the people where hard to work with
Fast pace always busy
Food processor (Former Employee) –  Barron County, WINovember 19, 2018
Always busy doing different things to do with processing turkeys.
Assemble production machines in morning and test run them to make sure everything was good.
operated a walk behind pallet jack.
Also ran a ridder jack and fork lift.
Pros
Close to home and right in town close to everything
Cons
Cold
fun work place
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNNovember 16, 2018
the most interesting, and motivating is the weekly paycheck, paid holidays and yearly bonus.
the unlimited working hours based on individuals energy to work is absolutely amazing.
working safely without getting hurt or losing any body parts at the end of the day and promoting food safety and employee safety is our main focus
monthly meeting to discus matters arising and individual performance is the most encouraging factor
It was a job
Boiler operator (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNNovember 7, 2018
Mostly good co-workers, management was very lacking and only cared about themselves and how they were perceived by their uppers. I would never go back there again.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
To many to list
Bad Experience
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIOctober 6, 2018
Typical day at Turkey Store was stressful. Worked in shipping the work load for Second shift seemed unfair. Really didn't learn anything from there. The management seemed like they didn't care about the department.
Pros
Breaks where nice
Cons
Cold
Poor Management
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNOctober 4, 2018
Every one else is nice and outgoing it’s nice place to work but Poor Management specially the plant manager, the place is one men’s show

HR are super Cool
Egg Picker
Farm Associate (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIOctober 1, 2018
Good advancement, helpful employees, available overtime if wanted, lots to learn, comfortable work environment. Strong Bio security, get to work with animals, get to work with people and by yourself at times.
Pros
Showers at work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jennie-O Turkey Store. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight