Jennie-O Turkey Store Employee Reviews

The job was very physical
Egg picker/ AI (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIJuly 14, 2018
We had to handle over 4000 birds a day and not one of them didn’t fight back and was easy to handle. We only got one 30 minute break and that wasn’t enough for how physical it was. We had to wear dusk mask but that didn’t help when you have to breathe heavy in a very dusty environment.
Very good
Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIJuly 8, 2018
I loved working there and the environment was good. Always had something to do and everyone was on the same pace and no one was ever out of line and supervisors always help when needed
fun place to work at
Cleaner or Line (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 18, 2018
I worked at cleaning up machines and tools and other things tht needed clean up. I picked up and delivered boxes from station to station. I also helped out with employees who need help.
Productive and predictable
Breeder Farm Team Member (Current Employee) –  Arland, WIJune 1, 2018
A typical day includes maintaining the flock and farm with company policies or standards. Rules or tasks change daily in accordance to flock needs or decisions made by upper management. Workplace culture has a variety of individuals that can work effectively, usually, as a farm team. There really is no hard part about the job until it comes to tedious flock change over tasks but that only occurs twice a year. Most enjoyable aspect of the job is the set schedule for pick times and usual line up of chores so there is always structure to a work day.
Jennie-O Turkey Store
Replenishment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barron, WIMay 4, 2018
A wonderful group of people to work with. Hours are fixed. Pay is decent. Not a lot of room for advancement. Management is OK. The job can be stressful, like most.
poor managment
Manfacturing (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIMarch 14, 2018
i didn't like the fact that I always had to watch my back when I needed to take time off due to medical reasons. a typical day at work was very busy and fast paced. I learned a lot such as forklift, riderjack, and handjack training. I was cross trained in different departments and as different operators of equiptment
Pros
great healthcare, and good consistancy
Cons
poor managment and bad communication
Dark Meat Boning (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNFebruary 12, 2018
I have learned a lot working at Jenny-O. Benefits are great and they give you a chance to advance in your career. Supervisors are nice and they will help you with your work
Management always on hand
Eastern Traffic Coordinator, Traffic Department (Former Employee) –  Spicer, MNJanuary 18, 2018
If there was any issue, or if you just needed a manager, they were always on hand. Even if the manager was not in your department, they were still able to help
Some great people
Poultry Transfer Worker (Current Employee) –  Barron, WIJanuary 13, 2018
Some great people to work with. Upper management seems to have their heads in the sand on repairs. Seems to be a disconnect from line workers to upper management. Some supervisors are only worried about how they look in the eyes of upper management for promotions meaning that they are too afraid to tell upper management what is really needed. The work culture gets to be depressing when one end of the management team tells a crew to go faster, then the next complaining because machines are becoming plugged from the amount of product. Then the maintenance system in place does not allow for proper fixing of issues or their is a lack of supervision and management.
Pros
Some coupons for product.
Cons
short breaks, upper managment
bad enviorment/ bad manegment decisions
Brood Barn Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 4, 2018
a typical days work walk barns and an average of 8 miles before lunch dragging 150lb feed cart through wood shaving floor, management was terrible if you didn't sleep with the old lady at on farm good luck to you. work culture suck the men did the labor the woman sat around the office gossiping. the hardest part of this job was management and there lack of skills. the most enjoyable part of this jobs was quitting this job.
Pros
free turkey at thanks giving
Cons
the managment, the lack of team work, Hr, and everything in between
fun place to work
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIJanuary 4, 2018
Working at Jennie O Turkey Store was a fun laid back place to work. The people i worked with were fun. It would be busy at times the the people that worked there made the time past by fast.
Productive and fast paced
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIJanuary 2, 2018
Loved this job, great people to work with.
Great pay and paid-training as well.
Management was always on point with everything we needed.
Had two 15 min breaks with a paid hour lunch,
Great discounts on food, and great advancement.
Awesome benefits as well through the company.
Pros
Great Pay
F-12 Operator (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIDecember 28, 2017
Overall, Jennie-O Turkey Store has offered me a chance to help my parents during a difficult time. I have learned a lot from working at Jennie-O, it gave me an opportunity to work with others and be around new cultures.
A very bad experince working there
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNDecember 7, 2017
There is no communication at this place, management does not know how to delegate orders, therefore getting the job done can be a challenge. Will not recommend working for this place.
Pros
Weekly pay check
Cons
Bad Managment. No communication at all
Jennie O Turkey Store
3rd Shift Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Barron, WINovember 5, 2017
Management at Jennie O leaves something to be desired. The pay is well and most of the jobs are ok. If you're looking for somewhere to start a career this would be the place to start.
ok
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIOctober 26, 2017
I worked here many years. Did what ever was needed. worked over time when ever needed and more. did what no one else wanted to. Then after 18 year of loyalty my wife got cancer they were not there for me at all.
Pros
actually a good job
Cons
no compassion
Ambiente de trabajo muy tranquilo
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNOctober 23, 2017
Excelente trabajo, buena dirección, buenos compañeros
Pros
Buenos beneficios
Cons
Hay freezers muy fríos
Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, MNOctober 18, 2017
Very nice place to work. Fast-paced very nice managers. Would recommend this job to anyone. Very good healthcare and 401k. Get time off after 1 year very good.
Fast paced work flow with quarterly and yearly deadlines
Deduction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNOctober 12, 2017
Fast paced work responsibilities. Quarterly and yearly deadlines. I have learned a lot in my position and enjoy working with a large variety of brokers and Regional Managers.
Benefits
Cons
Timelines
good hours, good benefits
Blender/WIP supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNOctober 9, 2017
I wish there was more options for inside advancement. The hours are good. Better health/dental benefits would be nice but I feel that is the American way is all reality. Where I live, this is one of the best places to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jennie-O Turkey Store. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight