Jennings Builders Supply

Jennings Builders Supply Employee Reviews

United States3 reviews
I love the autonomy afforded at Jennings as I don't need someone to hover and tell me how to do my job. They do not require you to work extra however, will certainly allow you to work all you want, as long as you're salary or commission. Management is fairly hands-off (which is great in my opinion). Coworkers are friendly and most seem to care. The hardest part of the job is Jennings has the "builders supply" mentality and so squanders what they've got in their professional employee's. The most enjoyable part of the job is they're good to let you go to different trainings and will even have various events every so often. They are also pretty good to allow you to chat with other employee's, expecting that you'll get your work done.
Pros
Benefits like health insurance and 401k and NO weekends!
Cons
Too much paperwork bogs you down.
Maybe other locations are different but I’ve had quite the experience here at the Cashiers location. At first everyone was very polite and welcoming. That all changed pretty early on and then I began to really see the culture of this place. I’ve never been around such rude, racists and just plain ugly people. Management is very hands off which is ok to a certain point. However it would be nice to have them step in from time to time and take care of some things that need it. As far as the culture goes, if you have a relative working here you’re set! They will practically let you choose your job and run with it. It’s a huge incestiual group of people running the place. You can work your tail off and do the best job out there but if they don’t like you and you’re an outsider then it’s pointless because they will never change their mind about you. The lumber yard is the most short staffed department and anyone that gets hired for it either quits or gets pulled to help out one of the entitled truck drivers because they will complain if they have to actually do anything physical by their lonesome. Leaving this place was probably the best thing that’s ever happened to me. If you’re thinking about working for Jennings then I suggest you find a way to become kin with someone there first so you can have them roll the red carpet for you when you arrive.
Loved working for Jennings. Family atmosphere and very great group of employees. Always felt comfortable and confident in the deliveries we made. Always recommend.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jennings Builders Supply. Our community is ready to answer.
4.7