Jenny Craig

Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

United States686 reviews

craigweightlossclientconsultantconsultationgoalcenter

Positive work environment

This is the type of job that gives you something to look forward to each day. It's very rewarding to the see the progress the customers are making each week. To hear their stories and know that you can help them get through some of the struggles. If you like helping people, this place is great. Training is provided.

Pros

Training, gratitude

Cons

weekends

What is the best part of working at the company?Truly getting to change some lives What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Same directors and managers in the company trying the same tactics from the 90s. Constant calls that bring little ROIWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Sorority. It’s not just about how hard you work but who you suck up to. Very old company with the same old ideas. Old systems that sets you back with the rest of the world. What is a typical day like for you at the company?As a consultant or a CD. Clients, calls, stocking, calls, calls, calls… pulling orders and moving shipment.

Jenny Craig insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great place to lose weight

Not the best place to work. Bonuses are difficult to attain. Even if you do other times of the year your hours get cut. Open a new store to bonus heavily.

Pros

Discounted meals and program

Cons

Benefits are expensive

Fun Workplace

Met with a wide variety of people and had management support. Some new hires were unqualified and at times felt like I was babysitting. A lot of phone calls to motivate clients and convince them to come to weekly check-ins.

Enjoyed the client’s Management need an overhaul

Toxic! Its very numbers driven. No real passion for clients. Most upper management has not change and so saw toxic culture still traverse the halls. I gave many years and proven numbers all to be black balled because of poor management and their lack of leadership. There is no trust in HR. There is no work life balance at all! I would highly suggest working some place where they actually care because this place isn’t it.

Pros

Clients losing weight

Cons

Everything!

What is the best part of working at the company?Helping clients with changing their lives. Being part of their weight loss and watching them loose weight every week is an amazing feeling. Knowing that you are part of their success.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I enjoyed working there everyday. It was a great job.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment was a great one. Everyone thT I worked with they helped in everyway if you had any questions regarding anything or any challenges that you may have. What is a typical day like for you at the company?You arrive at work early to make sure what your clientele is like for the day. Make sure there were no cancelations. If there were I would call to make sure they were okay and to schedule another day to come in. I would love to work there again, helping others is a very great thing.

Good

No comments. It was fine. Nice people. I don’t really have any other comments but you are required to write a certain amount. It’s fine for the money.

Rewarding job bad management

I worked for this company for several years. The food was delicious and the program worked. It was very rewarding to see people reach their goals. Everything turned sour when a manager was promoted to an area manager and let the power go to her head. In all of the years that I worked there, I had never seen so much employee turn over.

Bad Karma

Pay is completely competitive through sales. You are pushed to sell expensive programs to anyone, even older clients who couldn't afford them or didn't understand the program

Decent

Okay place to work. Can be demanding and becomes frustrating when business is slow, but the environment is calm and the coaches are supportive of one another and all team players.

Pay your own trip out of state

They waited until I was there 3 weeks then tell me I needed to go out of state for me to pay for everything , flying out there, back,hotel for a few weeks of training. They would reimburse me later!!! This was Medford, MA. Myself with 2 kids could pull that out of back pocket. Should of been discussed at interview, not 3 weeks in.

Helping clients reach their goal

Management only cares about making money. They use a dialogue system and a script for every situation. I have bent over backwards for this company- I would come in on my days off after hrs to move food from one freezer to another because the freezers are always breaking down. I would cover for consultants and other managers without hesitation. Something is always breaking or falling apart. They want you to make calls to past clients and harass them. It’s 2022 who calls anymore???? Most companies text or emails. They pretend they care about the clients weight loss journey but they don’t. It’s all about purchasing a full-planned menu lol!!!! It’s about the money and BROKEN PROMISES to staff. Don’t work here if you want a reliable job with management that actually cares about you.

Great challenging and rewarding place to work

Pay is great, rewarding to help clients lose weight, pretty simple things behind the scenes; stocking, cold calls, inventory. You develop great relationships with your clients and you want them to succeed and hit their goals!

Pros

Benefits and 50% off menu plans

Cons

Cutting hours based on APH/Clients scheduled.

Not a good place to work. Not supportive.

This job seemed great until it went downhill quickly. I was hired full time. They did not give me full time hours until I requested it. It is not an encouraging place to work. I was let go unexpectedly and they refused to give me a reason why. My assumption was they could not afford me after bringing back a previous coach who had been gone on maternity leave. There are plenty of other health and wellness companies to go to in the area.

The clients are really great to work with, great support from my center director!

This job offers flexibility, I have always received the time off I requested. But it also works the other way, even though I’m part time and usually work 3 days a week, if it gets busy I am asked to work extra hours and days. The pay is great. You just really need to enjoy helping others, be a good listener, and must be a team player. Our center is very positive and our clients are great!

Pros

50% off really good food, which is a great benefit; support; flexibility

Cons

Having to work extra when we get busy, dress code is neutral tones only

Overall, good job

The job was rewarding. It was different everyday. The customers were the best part. You meet a lot of nice people. Also, the food is very good. You will certainly lose weight with their program.

Its an experience

I have mixed emotions about my employment with this company while it can be a rewarding job .. with many opportunities to help clients.. it can also be stressful they cut hours when its slow with no warning.. they’re whole operation is just so outdated.. from the way you clock in to how they get clients.. and the offices need work, so does management!

Pros

When you get hours your check is pretty decent, along with helping clients

Cons

Everything just about

Okay for a job, not career

You can do well if you are really great at sales. Knowledge of weight loss and healthy living is only part of the job, you really have to sell & upgrade to make decent wages

Overworked

It was a great experience working with clients but management made work stressful. Day to day schedule is manageable but the pay is horriblbe, you work pay check to pay check. It’s ideal for retired or young people starting off a career.

A low paying hustle

The work could be fulfilling if you have a heart to help people get healthy. But I didn't like having to play on people's emotions to make quotas! And I hated the split scheduling!

Busy sometimes

This location is one of the busiest, but when seasonal slow down comes, hours get cut and benefits are always in the line of being dropped due to not having enough hours worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jenny Craig. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight