Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

Poor work conditions, low pay, revolving door staff
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 14, 2018
Over all my time at Jenny Craig was not very pleasant. The pay was extremely low for the amount of work expected to be done. The administration above me was very inconsistent, very unprofessional, and very difficult to work for. Jenny Craig offered no benefits, no perks, and had constant staff changing due to the poor working conditions. Overall I would not recommend it as a place to work.
Pros
Discount on Jenny Craig food would be about the only perk I can think of
Cons
Low pay, poor working conditions, poor administrative staff
Jenny Craig Corp Office
Jenny Craig Anywhere consultant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 29, 2018
Company recognizes a job well done, will reward employees with bonuses and incentives.
Great health benefits. A great Management team that is willing to listen to any ideas and concerns. Always an open door policy.
Pros
50% off Jenny Craig food
Cons
Calls to former clients
challenging and rewarding
Program Director (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 19, 2018
I've learned so much and I continue to do so. One of the many things I've learned at Jenny is to become a better listener. I have learned to listen to understand clients needs in order to best service them. Another thing I've learned is time management. In a fast pace environment as a program director can meet with anywhere from 5 to 10 clients a day ( sometimes more). To keep things running smoothly we have to keep appointment times on the mark. The hardest part about this job is when a client quits the program for whatever reason even after your best efforts to help them with their healthy lifestyle goals.
Pros
rewarding, postive challenges
Cons
no health benefits
Depends on management
Site Supervisor/Weight loss consultant (Former Employee) –  St. LouisFebruary 8, 2018
If you have a good manager work place is ok. Higher ups (higher than direct manager) make changes with no regard for workers and with little to no advanced notice. The starting hourly is poor and "time determined" raises are also poor. I was lucky to come at a time to receive a raise and promotion pretty close in proximity (because people were quitting often) so I got a pretty substantial raise pretty quick. Unfortunately it came a little too late because they promised a hour minimum (30) but I ended up barely getting 15-20 some weeks. It put me so far in a hole that the raise wasn't enough to catch up. Job would be decent if not for the little regard for workers time.
Terrible place........centre directors are under so much pressure to hit the numbers. Tense working environment, management yells at you.
Health and Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 2, 2018
Terrible work environment. Wanting us to look so profitable, working their employees to the bone. No regard for the clients. All about the numbers. High stress, you can never do enough. They will cut your hours. Never guaranteed hours. It's not a living wage. They only focus on the negative. Will write you up for the smallest infraction.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients and really feeling rewarded when clients lose weight and feel good about themselves.
Pros
Good benefits, the clients
Cons
Bare bone staffing, terrible management, tense work environment
rewarding
HEALTH/WELLNESS COACH (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 5, 2018
Great environment to work in. Potential company career growth. experience the Jenny Craig journey. Effective product and company training. Great benefits
Allows you to change the lives of others
Health & Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 8, 2018
The job is fast-paced. You have to learn and practice good time management as each consultation is just 20 minutes. You spend a lot of time talking and listening to clients who have weight and diet issues and in the 20 minutes with them, you must help create a plan for their week as well as invoice and pull their menu plan for their week. Jenny Craig provided weight loss through a planned menu and per-packaged meals. Stocking freezers is a part of the job that can become hard on you arms/back/legs if you are no careful in lifting and movement. There are a lot of flexibility in hours and scheduling and you can travel to different centers to help out. However, hours are reliant on clientele. If we do not have may clients walking into our centers, our hours will be effected.
Pros
Changing the lives of others, offering input on health and wellness stratigies, learned time management
Cons
Hours not totally secured, not a lot of room for growth in the comapny
Unrealistic, Bad Business Practices
Center Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2018
Jenny Craig upper management are unrealistic about employee working hours. Expectations the CD works everyday without time off and without staff. They will not staff the center (Recruitment Department) But in return will cut Fulltime consultants to a minimum of hours, forcing them to eventually quit. Of course stating due to “Summer Hours” however never changing center hours. I couldn’t even get my bereavement days off “no one” to help because both Direct Supervisors were on vacation the same week. Dishonest business practices, no professional courtesy, manipulation and favoritism to say the least. I was so excited and passionate about my future only to find the only thing they care about is there own dollars, not the people. Huge turnover for good reason.
Pros
Clients, Food Discounts and Program Works
Cons
Left Alone without breaks, No support
I love my job
Market Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2017
I have worked for JC for over 4 years. I had no idea at the time, that this would be my forever career. I have never worked for a company quite like JC. They are people. Real people. Being passionate is something we pride ourselves on. I have found my forever home at Jenny Craig. Kicking off the covers in the morning is no longer met with the anxiety of going to a job that I hate.
Some examples of why-
Being a mother of 5, I appreciate their value of work life balance.
It is a company that is always evolving, changing for the greater good of the company, clients and employees.
They ask for our feedback, and care about what we have to say.
The benefits are very good, and the pay allows me to provide for my family.
The training and support that they offer is so hands on, and always available and a priority.
I am proud to be part of such a thoughtful company.
Pros
Pay, advancement, work life balance, passionate, fun, changing lives
Cons
Nice place to work, not stressful.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 5, 2018
The position became an interim position after I had been there long enough to see how things worked. I started looking for another position within 6 weeks.
Pros
Supervisor and Counselors were always pleasant and helpful. Quiet place.
Cons
No advancement to mention. Salary was minimum wage
treated us like humans. honored our self respect and encouraged us to go beyound.
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLApril 6, 2018
i love my job. i love my clients. i have been in customer service all my life. JC went from franchise to corporate. no weekends off. franchise family great.
Pros
Respect
Cons
no benefits
Disillusioned with the parent company and its treatment of employees and business practices. I felt unsupported by my supervisor.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed the day to day interaction with clients but was frequently frustrated by unrealistic expectations of management. I felt unsupported by my direct supervisor who was new and not well trained. Employee hours were directly related to business needs and little thought was given to the financial needs of field employees. Employees hours were frequently cut causing much workplace strife and dissatisfaction.
well run business, so much better than 1 would expect
Center Director (Current Employee) –  KansasNovember 13, 2017
management cares about you and balancing your life; people are friendly and helpful; good benefits - better than you would expect; if you work hard you get recognized, days go quickly because it's fast paced and fun but not overwhelming; pay may seem low but you get raises and can work towards bonuses; ability to move up within the company; discounts; training trips paid for completely by the company
Fulfilling job helping clients reach goals, great if you do not need to depend on the income
Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2018
Great clients and co-workers, Not enough hours to pay the bills. Looking for something with more stable hours and income. Great if you only want part time hours.
Pros
great clients and co-workers
Cons
hours and income are not stable
Overall Work/Life
Center Director, Weightloss Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2018
Jenny Craig had a lot of opportunity. But the work life and shift balance made it difficult for a family time. The goals set were unreasonable and made it hard to meet bonuses.
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
Low morale workplace
Health Consultant/Coach (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work: working alone seeing clients, stocking, answering phones, handling walk-ins, and other administrative tasks

Hardest part of the job: nothing

Most enjoyable part of the job: supporting clients in achieving lifestyle changes/weight-loss goals

Cons: working alone--here's why: should something happen (an accident, a mishap, etc.), the risk of an employee having an injury of any kind is GREATER when noone else is around to help. What's that old saying? I think it's: There is safety in numbers...
Jenny Craig, Altamonte FL, was an amazing center!
Diet Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 16, 2018
I counseled clients on their diet plan and loved it! The clients are so kind and every situation is unique. The day went by quickly because you're meeting with different people all day. Management is very helpful and happy to teach.
Could Be A lot Better
Employee (Current Employee) –  SoutheastAugust 29, 2018
Extremely poor senior leadership, no room for advancement, no real perks outside the food/program discounts... but don't use those discounts too often, they will write you up! Terrible communication and lazy, accusatory regional managers.
Very upbeat environment
Consultant, Program Sales (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 16, 2018
Meeting with clients to discuss their progress and weaknesses from the past week. Gather together their food for the next week. I also sold program memberships which is how I discovered my love of sales.
The training program they had was instrumental to my success.
Pros
Working with coworkers who really want the best for their clients
Cons
Did not get paid enough to keep up with expenses
Fun Environment and great to help people with their health goals
Health and Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
This job is very rewarding when it comes to helping our clients reach their weight loss and health goals. We work closely both with staff and clients to ensure they get maximum results. Down time would consist of making calls to current and previous clients, inventory, updating files, taking care of inventory, etc. The staff is very tight knit and fun to work with. Seeing clients reach their goals is the best part of the job.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun environment, rewarding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jenny Craig. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight