Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

Could Be A lot Better
Employee (Current Employee) –  SoutheastAugust 29, 2018
Extremely poor senior leadership, no room for advancement, no real perks outside the food/program discounts... but don't use those discounts too often, they will write you up! Terrible communication and lazy, accusatory regional managers.
Fun people with great opportunity
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2018
Coming in @ 6am and logging in to the different systems to prepare for the day. This is the company where I got my start in IT and given the opportunity to learn a bit more about the industry. The hardest part of the job was to get all of the data needed for the day, in terms of productivity, which was also the most enjoyable.
Unrealistic, Bad Business Practices
Center Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2018
Jenny Craig upper management are unrealistic about employee working hours. Expectations the CD works everyday without time off and without staff. They will not staff the center (Recruitment Department) But in return will cut Fulltime consultants to a minimum of hours, forcing them to eventually quit. Of course stating due to “Summer Hours” however never changing center hours. I couldn’t even get my bereavement days off “no one” to help because both Direct Supervisors were on vacation the same week. Dishonest business practices, no professional courtesy, manipulation and favoritism to say the least. I was so excited and passionate about my future only to find the only thing they care about is there own dollars, not the people. Huge turnover for good reason.
Pros
Clients, Food Discounts and Program Works
Cons
Left Alone without breaks, No support
Great comraderie
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 23, 2018
It was a small office and it was great working with people we could build a schedule and rhythm with that we could always get along and help each other out.
Worst place to ever work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 21, 2018
They start you out at9.59$ a hr plus commission , but the commission is so high u can’t make it.. They harass people on the phone ,want you to do An ethical practices to clients... Sneakiest place to work , different day different rule , I have seen them degrade clients if they don’t buy a full menu
Pros
Nothing is free at Jenny Craig
Cons
Horrible place to work
Loved working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 16, 2018
I loved working as a CSR rep during peak season. Even after I left I continue to associate with many of my co-workers. Free drink including premium coffee, diet soda and bottled water available.
Pros
In office free drinks, in shop JC market
bad
Health & Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
They cut my hours all the time without warning. I never had a consistent schedule but they told me my hours were based on the needs of the business. Seemed like the business was failing.
Disillusioned with the parent company and its treatment of employees and business practices. I felt unsupported by my supervisor.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed the day to day interaction with clients but was frequently frustrated by unrealistic expectations of management. I felt unsupported by my direct supervisor who was new and not well trained. Employee hours were directly related to business needs and little thought was given to the financial needs of field employees. Employees hours were frequently cut causing much workplace strife and dissatisfaction.
Nice little job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2018
I worked here as a second job which helped out a little. It was very low-key and a friendly atmosphere. If I stayed, there may have been a little room for growth too.
low compensation
Center Director, Program Director, and Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COAugust 2, 2018
Jenny Craig pays worse than our local fast food chains, yet requires a business casual dress code. The work was fun, but the pay was ridiculously low
Tough place to advance
Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 25, 2018
There is zero to no room to advance at the local Jenny Craig offices in my area. The market is not receptive to the programs, base pay is horrible, and commission is not much better. The owners are not that bad, though
Fun Environment and great to help people with their health goals
Health and Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
This job is very rewarding when it comes to helping our clients reach their weight loss and health goals. We work closely both with staff and clients to ensure they get maximum results. Down time would consist of making calls to current and previous clients, inventory, updating files, taking care of inventory, etc. The staff is very tight knit and fun to work with. Seeing clients reach their goals is the best part of the job.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun environment, rewarding
Great Atmosphere
Client Service Coordinator / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 8, 2018
It was an interesting job. Meeting so many individuals from every walk of life who were all on the same path of weight loss. It was incredible to see everybody's journey.
An "OK" place to work
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILJuly 6, 2018
It's OK to work for this company. Hourly wage is low. You do get compensated by the amount of sales you make and food that you sell.
Food is expensive, but you will lose weight
Rewarding place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2018
Jenny Craig is a supportive environment, in that you can always find support if you need it. I find it rewarding to talk to clients on a weekly bases to help them with their weight loss.
Pros
fun company to work for
Cons
need to very skilled in time management
ok place
sales representative, and filing papers (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 25, 2018
an ok place to work. always cutting hours. management wasn't good at boca and Boynton, rude customers. Maybe worked 1hour every shift. Coworkers were good.
Fun place, but not productive
Personal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 12, 2018
Managment was horrible, no experience in management. I loved my Clients, I worked very diligently to get them to their Goal!
It was a Joy knowing I made a difference in someonces life, my co-workers were wonderful!The hardest part of the job was not enough income. Work on commission was hard since most of my clients reach their goal
rewarding
HEALTH/WELLNESS COACH (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 5, 2018
Great environment to work in. Potential company career growth. experience the Jenny Craig journey. Effective product and company training. Great benefits
Weight Loss Consultant/
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 3, 2018
A typical day at JC was reviewing Clients Files, then consucting their Appointments, through out; generally a Split-shift Day schedule.
Required excellent listening skills, communication, and problem solving. Retention was a big area as well.
I loved my Clients, and worked very diligently to get them to their Goal!
It was a Joy working for Jenny Craig, and my co-workers were wonderful!
Hardest part of the job... not enough income during down times.
Pros
TEAM-WORK - Getting to Help Others!
Cons
not enought income
No social life
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2018
You're expected to work weekends, holidays, and some evenings. Getting coverage and time off is almost impossible. Even if you love what you do you get burnt out and feel unsupported by superiors.
Pros
Helping people every single day live better and healthier lives.
Cons
You won't have a social life and have to say no to many social events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jenny Craig. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight