Jensen Meat Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work at
Palletizer / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Otay Mesa, CAJuly 22, 2018
cool people cool hours fun city nice work not to much close to the boarder for parties on the weekends. Everyone there is like family everyone helps each other to save money pay rent buy cars. they even help you with baby sitting if you have problems with that
Pros
free burgers
Cons
health care
Great
Managerial Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2018
It was great, It was a great first job and the company is absolutely amazing. I wouldn't have want to worked for anyone else in San Diego, CA. I feel confident to go into a different area of work.
La verdad en muy buena empresa, el ambiente de trabajo es muy sano.
Enpacadora, selladora y limpieza (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Tiene un horario muy flexible para mi. Es una empresa muy comprensiva.
Pros
Son flexibles con los empleados.
Cons
No tiene hora de comer fija..
Horrible
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2017
You are just numbers no matter how hard you work. The people are miserable and always spreading rumors. Management is a joke and HR is not to help the employee just the company. When there is promotions they go with outside the company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad pay
A day at Jensen Meat
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2017
I spent my time focusing on the Social media end of marketing. I ran the facebook, twitter, and instagram. I love being a part of the company that I grew up with their products.
Brindan ápoyo cuando se ocupaba
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Britannia, blvrdJuly 6, 2017
En el área laboral era confortable, pero se crean rumores sobre los mismos empleados
Pros
Tiempo extra
Cons
No había beneficios medicos
Consistency
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
A typical day of work entailed packing meat in the meat freezer and loading trucks for delivery. The hardest part of the job was working in the freezer and not having consistent hours. Most enjoyable, working with people determined to work.
Cons
not enough work hours
Terrible place to work
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2017
Miserable people, miserable job. Their is no company loyalty. People are treated like numbers and screwed over if at all advantageous for the company.
Meh
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2017
Only if you really need work or are looking for a temp job till you find something better, you wont work 40hrs regularly most of the time it will be 40+ (5-6 months) then you will hardly scrape by with 32hrs sometimes less (6-7 months)
Pros
free luncheon every month, promotion if you're lucky or wait long enough
Cons
pay, work hours, no 2nd shift differential pay
Lack of real leadership and no focus on leadership development.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2017
The company itself is not bad, but the lack of real leadership is obvious and leaves much to be desired. There's no room for advancement which makes it feel like a dead end career.
Cons
dead end job, leadership is horrible, raises are unfair
Good people but greedy management
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92154February 21, 2017
The people you work with are pretty great however, management does not appreciate the great workers that come around and love to under staff to save a few bucks. Work hours are decent half the year while the other half you won't work more than 3 days regularly and OT is generally frowned upon.
Pros
good people, free employee luncheon, ability to move up if your lucky
Cons
pay, workload, hours a week
general
Obrero (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2017
tienen la verdad un buen sistema aun que a veces a los empleados se les exige mas de lo que pueden hacer, generalmente no es así pero en ocasiones cuando los trabajadores eran descansados por no rendir de manera adecuada en el trabajo, a los que se quedaban se les sumaba a su trabajo lo que el compañero que se fue tenia que hacer, no obstante a veces era deficil poder hacer lo de dos o incluso tres personas, aun que esto generalmente no pasaba por mas de una semana ya que a la semana siguiente se contrataba mas gente
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
Muy largo tiempo de espera para ser promovido a empleado de la empresa
Very fun place to work with a lot of dedicated individuals.
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work for me includes daily meetings to review the days schedule and projects and then prioritizing work load for document control projects. The hardest part of this job is keeping the work load at a manageable level. The best part of the job is the comradery within the corporation. I was able to start in the Customer Service Department and move to the QA Department with a great transition experience.
A Place to Learn and Grow
Lead Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 13, 2015
Jensen Meat was a wonderful place to learn and grow, If you're starting your career and you are looking in the food industry, this is a good place to start. They strive to promote from within and get people with the knowledge needed in key positions, al though it is a smaller company and lead positions don't come up as often as you'd like. Every manager is approachable and the USDA is on site to answer questions you might have.

Communication is they key, so being able to talk to your lead is important. Do the right thing, and remember that QA is there to help. I miss being a part of the team, but I reached the glass ceiling as was expected and needed to move on.
Pros
You can talk to everyone!
Cons
Production Jobs are difficult if you don't like working in the cold
great experience and oppurtunity to grow
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Otay Mesa, CASeptember 18, 2015
My daily assignment consist of producing high qualities meat patties. I learned how to speak a little Spanish, how to produce multiple shape and flavored patties, how to operate a machine called Formax. I appreciated management for acknowledge me as a great worker and gave me the opportunity to become a team lead. The hardest part of my job was speaking back to my team in Spanish when I needed them complete a task ,but I could understand everyone. The most enjoyable part while working with Jensen was the hand on experience, and the great people I met while I worked on the job site.
Pros
I was learning how to speak spanish, i had the oppurtunity to become a team lead
Cons
The company rarely promoted their workers, and i also drove approx. 100 miles daily
trabajo en equipo y buena realizacion en mi area de trabajo, muy satisfecha
empacadora (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2015
facilmente aprendi a empacar de una manera sencilla, facil y rapida. logre manejar una maquina en la cual se necesitaba fuerza para lograr un buen empaque y lo hice bien, mis compañeros de trabajo siempre vieron en mi a una persona trabajadora y esmerarme en el trabajo a realizar.
la parte mas dificil fue trabajar dentro de un congelador con una temperatura a -0.
la parte mas agradable de mi trabajo fue algunos compañeros con los que se podia trabajar en equipo, realizando el trabajo juntos para agilizar y mejorarlo, tambien fue agradable disfrutar de lo que realizaba porque sabia que estaba haciendolo correctamente.
Pros
rifas, compensacion al trabajador con lonche por lograr los estandares pedidos
Cons
falta de seguridad, no aumento de sueldo.
its just a job not a carrer
Duties / delivery driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2014
Jensen is a seasonal work place. I don't call it a career. I am looking for more of a competitive career and a job I can call home. A typical day at work is mostly standing around doing nothing. management could use a management lesson in management. co-workers complain daily about there pay including all five drivers and shipping and receiving employees. There really is nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part about this job is when I clock out.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
everything
Productive, and fun place to work
Shipping, and Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Otay Mesa, CADecember 29, 2013
A pleasure to work for them with great management.
Good hiring structure.
Moderate advancement oppourtunities
A Great Facility, Good People, Outstanding product
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 28, 2012
A Clean facility where ground meats where produced and packaged. The interaction with USDA inspectors was a learning experience that allowed me to grow as an inspector. Management was Professional and well skilled. Work was done in a refrigerated area to maintain the meat at a proper temperature for safety reasons,
Pros
ability to learn