Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Its an ok place to work
Program Director (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 12, 2017
This agency is a great place to work at and work for. The people are great, they are friendly, helpful and are all working toward a great cause; helping to end homelessness.
Great Work Place
Non- Profit Grant Housing Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 19, 2017
Jerome Golden Center is a great place to work and a great place for job advancement.
The people their are friendly and hardworking
The atmosphere is also extremely relaxed.
work place experience
Outpatient Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 14, 2017
The worst position to hold at Jerome golden center is the outpatient clinic at the main center. you're over worked for very little pay, your constantly rescheduling patients, always picking up slack from other departments and the management is very disorganized. They don't care about the patients well-being. The supervisor nor the medical director are concerned with their immediate staff. you leave there and have nightmares about work hating that you have to ever go back. I was told to go home for the day by my supervisor and would be called back in front of my peers but never received a call. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
director and manager
Very few good things can be found
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 8, 2017
The concept and services of the facility would be an asset to the community if the organization had proper leadership. Patients are abused by the doctors, employees are overworked and under paid. There is also widespread favoritism and nepotism throughout the organization. Workplace culture is non-existent because the leadership is unaware of what actually required to get the job done.
Pros
Some good hard working employees
Cons
Poor management
A good work environment.
Peer Counselor Duties (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 8, 2017
It was a nice place to work. People were friendly and very professional. I learned alot and was trained very well. I worked in the Stepping Stone building as a Peer Counselor assisting clients with a range from applications to job placement.
Pros
Not a stressful enviornment.
Cons
Can't think of any cons
Basic review
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 2, 2017
A typical work day begins at 830am and ends at 5pm.
I learned that the environment was geared towards profit and not the clients. Case Managers do not have the support they needed from upper management. The job was easy for me because I enjoyed helping others. What made the job hard/difficult was the lack of tools and assistance/support from upper management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
work environment
Too Much Politics
HR Assistant/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 27, 2017
The employees were paid poorly. Management use politics to make a lot of decisions which as you would expect negatively affected both patients and employees.
Pros
The other employees were really nice
Cons
The management is not for the betterment of the patients and employees, its about how much money they can make.
alot of changes
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 12, 2017
very busy work day. alot of different job to do. alot added on each time and no pay changes. My manager is flexible for the family. fighting to get paid from the self pay patients. Helping out the patients
Pros
half hour for lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good atmosphere lots of free time and good people
Group Facilitator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Good place to work fun atmosphere great clients no micromanagemwnt but not good pay but very laid back and people stay here for a very long time
Great opportunity for Professional Clinical Development.
Medical Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Fast paced challenging diverse work culture.Skilled Management.
Documentation labor intensive.Minimally Staffed. Recovery and Reunification rewarding.Sobriety achieved.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Cons
Minimally Staffed.
Great Environment
Project Specialist Maintenance (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Tjis is anice place to work but the only problem you have there is they have the salaries frozen you don't get raised and that is negative part but the management is really good and comprhensive. Overall working in that hospital was a challenge
Overall Review
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 28, 2016
Nice place to work but not a place to work if you are interested in having a career. Sometimes the employees are overworked.
Cons
No raises
Fun working at Jerome Golden
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 16, 2016
My day at work usually starts with taking report from the outgoing nurse and then visiting my patients to do nursing assessments. I then liaison with the doctors in treatment team. Throughout the rest of the day I chart on patients and monitor their safety and precautions. I am always learning about the different psychiatric diagnosis, medication and their side effects. I have the deepest respect for management and have no problems with them. Most of my coworkers are team players and I get along fine with them. The hardest part of my job is to take down a patient that is violent when he or she is not receptive to verbal redirection. Th most enjoyable part of my job is when I see my patients doing better and is ready for discharged, oh it makes me feel so happy that I have made a positive contribution towards their recovery.
Pros
Flexible when request time off as a per diem staff.
Cons
Minimal benefits, eight hour shifts
Great Internship
HR Recruiter/Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2016
I was only there for a short time, but everyday was a new day to learn to be more efficient. Working in HR is no easy task, but I truly learned more about how to grow a company with it's people.
1st experience in the field
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  west palm beachOctober 25, 2015
this was the first place i did my clinical rotations and i was disappoint. The nurses were not the friendliest. The hallways always had a stench and the lunch was horrible
great dietary staff!
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 28, 2015
An administration that just doesn't care about its employees. Low moral throughout facility.

Great hardworking people throughout its organization.

Low pay No raises

HUGE TURNOVER

Not enough administration involvement to be effective leaders.
Pros
great staff
Cons
administration that does not see value in people it employs
A great place to work.
Mental Health Teach (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachApril 21, 2015
I have worked here for 6 years and I have worked with people that love what they do. The company really cares about their clients and seek to improve their overall health by developing programs that suits the clients needs.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
the food.
Loved this job
Mental/Behavioral Health Tech (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 14, 2015
Working here was a joy at times and others was a strain but you have to be ready for anything. I have learned a lot from here and have grown since.
Challenging and interesting
Mobile Crisis Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 11, 2014
Unpredictable, variety, excitement, problem solving, thinking outside the box. We primarily see those who have nothing- and try to instill hope, positivity, and stability. Its very rewarding.
great experience for me
Mobile Crisis Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachJuly 23, 2014
I worked there for 5 yrs and liked it. Management was ok, not the best, nor the worst. Hardest part of the job was dealing with a couple co-workers who were not motivated to do the job. I was given a lot of autonomy... The department I worked in was the best dept in the agency.
Pros
I was treated with respect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health Reviews by Location