JERRY'S ARTARAMA

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Incredible staff and access to resources

Customer service at a call center is typically going to be emotionally taxing, I believe that is a given when applying for that kind of work. It truly makes a huge difference to have the opportunity to train with experienced employees, and have positive relationships within the work space. Jerry's has incredible staff. I sincerely felt a familial connection with the customer service branch, they really take care of each other. You are encouraged to be yourself!

Pros

Good work environment, great boss

Cons

short breaks, emotionally draining at times

Easy phone customer service help with taking orders

Average pay for an average job not much room to go anywhere but the same place day after day . Boring overall an not much to look forward to but going home at the end of the day

Fast paced , competitive pay, time flew by,

The fast pace environment and friendly staff and coworkers help to make learning fun and work easy. Also learning the products and what they do was interesting if your into art supplies and those sort of things . This was a part time gig for enduring high school and I enjoyed it very much. It was high paced and I got to speak with customers constantly on a daily basis from all over the country and converse with them about the products they were purchasing and what type of are they were using them for. Highly recommend getting a job here if you can . I love this job.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Short breaks

Day Care for Adult Children

Owners of the company walk around with nothing better to do but micromanage and sexually harass. "Creative" environment where nobody wants to actually collaborate. These people went to school in the 50's, and got stuck in their ways because they got an art degree and think they know better than everyone else. Get ready to unlearn what you know, and learn how to do things the old fashioned way. Not a place to learn or grow. Not recommended.

Pros

Everyone slacks

Cons

Everyone slacks, harassment, politics

Not a good environment.

This company’s employees bring a lot of negativity to the office. Not a pleasant environment. Office/department is very confined & cluttered with paper/files that could be stored away in another area. Poor management. Moral is very low.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Examples of what not to do

Working here wasn't the absolute worst, but it wasn't particularly fantastic. Very repetitive schedule, consistently doing the same tasks. Management over customer service (from my stint there) was excellent, but higher management within admin left one with a dry sense of a situation with a consistent promise to let one know information, to repeatedly forgetting. There was a lack of understanding for what was happening and what the situation was from day to day.

Pros

Insurance, A stable pay, Comfortable (but stiff) Atmosphere

Cons

No Yearly Reviews Nor Raises, Little incentive to innovate

A wonderful start

Jerry's was my first ever job straight out of high school. The people are all wonderful and still show me kindness even after my leave. The management is firm but very fair and I could not have asked for a better company to start me off in the workforce. In summary, Jerry's Artarama is an outstanding company. I hope that they continue to prosper and grow

Lots of great people to work with

We were always busy with lots to do. Good management. Good benefits. I only left because my family moved out of state. Great customers to work with. Sometimes it was hard work as far as lifting and stocking product.

Pros

Always busy. Great hours.

Cons

Long commute.

Manger a little over baring

Great store, great people to work with, great art supplies, management is a little crazy. The manger is over baring and a little bit scary.

Great culture, no future

I enjoyed my time at Jerry's Artarama. Working as a sales rep, management was great, the people were great, but someone had to die or be fired to advance. I really enjoyed the people there and the customers were mostly great, there was always the odd one out but overall they were great people. I just felt like I was stuck in a rut when it came to a career.

Pros

Casual environment, flexible management

Cons

benefits, advancement

Great Place to work and get valuable experience

Awesome place to work and learn about art and art supplies. As a picture framer, I get to see many exciting works of art from the loose print to the finished-framed product.

Family Oriented

A typical work day consisted of greeting co workers as they entered the building, making sure the owners had what materials and notes they needed to start the day. Answering calls for both owners as well as maintaining their calendars. The hardest part of my job was learning all the rules and regulations for importing and exports good to different countries. Learning all the commodity codes and port numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the cookouts and the employee appreciation parties I planned.

Good people, but poor upper management.

Most days were spent waiting around for any type of information to be able to continue laying out catalogs and marketing materials. It was a very uncreative position. Not much was learned, it was a very entry level position.Intermediate management was great to work under and with. Overall and upper management was disappointing. Days were spent doing nothing, waiting for information to do our jobs.Just going to the job knowing that I might do absolutely nothing was hard to get through. But my colleagues made getting through day bearable.

Pros

good colleagues.

Cons

poor management

Great Company, Work Hard and Flourish

This is a great company to work for. As long as you do not slack off and get your work done, you will be fine. Just be prepared to deal with A LOT of customers a day. You must be patient and nice to customers.

Pros

flexible hours/no micromanagement

Cons

can get repetitive, but that is known going into customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JERRY'S ARTARAMA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.3
InHerSight Score
1.2Personal Development
1.4Career Opportunities
1.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight