Jerry's Enterprises Inc Employee Reviews

Management clueless
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sanibel, FLJuly 14, 2018
Don't waste your time, managers are clueless. Pay below average for Sanibel. No chance for full time. Watch your hours or you will be layed off or hours cut to 1-2 shifts a week.
Management will lie directly to your face. The worst management I've ever worked with. Not enough support or communication.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Poor Management
Flexible
Deli Clerk Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 18, 2018
Great co-workers, flexible hours, and fast paced at times. Learned excellent customer service skills. Management could do better at communicating and helping out, but are willing to talk things over with you.
fun place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMay 7, 2018
fun place to work but the manager I had was very poor and unprofessional. pros were getting paid 30 minute breaks and discounts on groceries. but pay was too low.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
terrible management
Good first job for high school kids wanting to make some money
Hardware Sales (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 10, 2018
Was a very positive experience the managers were always nice and always had something to do. It was a good first job, giving me important customer service skills and gave a good salary for a high school kid looking to make some money before going off to college
New Grocery store to neighborhood.
Customer Service Manager / cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 3, 2017
Jerry's is a great place to work. The management is great. Accommodates my work schedules with other job.

Jerry's is new to the area, brand new store in 2015. Fun to work with the growth of the company to this area.
clean place to work and nice customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 5, 2015
the co-workers were friendly the place was clean/ every thing was stocked the way that customer could fine what they needed. I learned how to keep the books/ do the bank/management was helpful in teaching you thinks. a typical day- come to work get started on the money for the day then the books form the day before/did the money to be deposited/count the cigarettes stocked filled the cooler help up front when needed. Cleaned when needed. the most enjoyable part is banning with the customers and helping them. Have every on happy and doing there job.
Pros
free car washes
Alright environment
Cashier and Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 20, 2017
Jerry's Enterprises, or cub foods bloomington to be specific, is a place where work is very important, but drama still affects the efficiency of the workers. The pay advances slowly but if you are able to achieve a position worth while you will be treated relatively fair by management.
Pros
10% discount on store brand items, some flexibility
Cons
Lots of drama, unhappy workers
Love the workers, corporate management not so much
rather not say (Current Employee) –  privateJune 9, 2017
Likes the routine & predictable hours.
Negative, hours are being cut back & management wants a lot of work done in the most minimum time as possible.
Pros
the employees you work with
Cons
No chance to achieve full time, felt unappreciated by corporate management
They want you to be happy
meat cutter (Current Employee) –  mnJanuary 13, 2016
Great everything. health, vac, hours, paid holidays.
Wouldn't know it but has over 3500 employees and hundreds of life time employees. Exceptional management for pig picture growth.
Pros
always have a job. people need food
Cons
its a store your going to have a night and a weekend. people need food
Best Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 22, 2017
I love working for Jerrys. Corporate is always interested in your ideas and suggestions. They really do listen. I have seen many of my ideas used. This is a company that appreciates their employees and I wouldn't leave for any amount of money.
Pros
Always challenging and never boring. Appreciated and respected.
Cons
Haven't found any.
Overall a great place to work
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 30, 2016
Jerry's has been very fair and good to me, I have no complaints. I have the freedom to be the best I can be. The management is very supportive.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
I have a long commute.
Terrible Managment Poisons What Could Be A Good Place To Work
Hardware Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jerry'sMarch 8, 2015
Very antiquated environment to work in..."do as I say, not as I do" philosophy.

Management's leadership skills are sorely lacking. People in management positions must have attained the job by default or lack of candidates because they are not management material.

Communication from management to workers is non-existent. There is no "This is how we do things and why" explanation. Communication from the store manager is only through a word document posted by the time clock or left on the service counter...each usually accompanied by a threat of discipline or termination if not adhered to.

Wages are sub-par for the amount of work and the industry. There's been a wage increase freeze for the last three years!

Management takes underlings to task in front of co-workers.

Store manager wants employees to screen his phone calls and lie for him so that he doesn't have to talk to salespeople or others (another communication via a posted document).

Schedules are completed one day before the new work week, and then for only the upcoming week. So, employees have no ability to plan there lives outside of work just because the manager is lazy.

Absolutely no training of job duties. If it wasn't for co-workers and observation, new employees wouldn't have a clue on how to do the various duties they are expected to do.

High turnover rate of employees.

Working at Jerry's Hardware in this cancerous atmosphere gives employees no hope that things will improve in the future and I blame upper management for no oversight at the store level!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too many to name
Productive and fun working
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNApril 29, 2017
Sometimes you get tips, but not that much when you work as a cashier. I once got $70 tips and that was awesome. I have so many kind customers and some of them are really nice and I enjoy working there.
Pros
Snacks, free lunch on sundays
Cons
Short breaks
Great food prepared by people who care about their customers.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 2, 2016
Constant action to prepare food all day for the busy families who shop at Jerry's Foods. Multiple options for cold salads, hot foods, pizzas, sandwiches and more are offered all day.
Mechanic/CSA/Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  West Yellowstone, MTFebruary 15, 2015
This is a family owned business they treat their employees like family and i totally loved working for them. A typical day at work started around 730 AM and ended around 600 PM in the winter.
Productive Enviorment
Bakery Packer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2016
I learned to tend to customer using the Greet Offer and Thank Method while performing my duties. My co-workers played a big role into steady workflow at my job
A great place for anyone to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WISeptember 8, 2015
After 9 years I gained some much knowledge from a basic stock boy to becoming a team lead. It's a great place with great customers, employees and vendors that come in daily.
Deli Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 1, 2013
Great place to work. Good managers and co-workers. Flexible hours.