Jersey Mike's Subs Employee Reviews

Found 1,639 reviews matching the search See all 1,643 reviews
Customer based fun workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLJune 23, 2019
Jersey Mike’s focuses on giving a good experience to customers that goes along with the quality of food they are receiving. Always something to be working on, that being, cleaning, closing, or refilling the products presented.
Pros
Flexible schedule, 30 minute breaks, and half priced food.
Cons
No benefits, long drive, and had to pay for food.
Fast paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 23, 2019
If you are looking for a fast paced environment to work in this could be for you. The success of the store mainly depends on how the team works together.
The workplace is challenging and fun to work at. We are required to banter with our customers which is one thing I love about my job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJune 22, 2019
We have checklists and details to complete every day.
My management team helps me and pushes me when I dont know something
The bantering is the best part
Fast pace yet fun enviornment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAJune 22, 2019
Co-workers were very encouraging and always positive, even when it becomes extremely busy! I learned a lot about the subs and how to work in a fast paced environment as well as how to work productively under pressure. The management of this establishment is very well organized and the manager is always one step ahead.
Fast and friendly service
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 22, 2019
First of all I have nothing against jersey mikes. My problem was with an angry assistant manger who got angry but I don’t blame her i would be too if I had to come in for an hour just to close up shop. I learned a lot at jersey mikes it made me want open my own franchise someday.
Fun place to work part time.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAJune 21, 2019
The only real plus from this job is tips and maybe the other ppl you work with. Only thing free is your fountain soda. Management is strict and the hours are usually alright always part time. Good summer or temporary job and that is about it.
Pros
Tips and a fountain drink
Cons
Not many hours, strict management and no room to grow as an employee.
Amazing place to work
cashier/ food prep (Former Employee) –  Christiana, DEJune 21, 2019
Jersey Mike's was a pleasure to work at due to how nice and flexible the staff is with the schedule, at all times the place is filled with a positive attitude that brings joy to everyone else.
Fun place to work.
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CAJune 21, 2019
Other that some favoritism, it's not bad at all. Very fast pace. Interesting learning curve. Diversity. Interacting with various cultures and generations.
Pros
Free employees meal
Cons
No real long term benefits
Priductive
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 21, 2019
Its a drama gree work zone with fun emplyees and great managment anf room to grow within the company there plenty of oppertunities to go whereever you want
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 20, 2019
I worked at Jersey Mikes Altoona from grand opening and then a few months. Management was horrible and picked favorites. I had to leave because of other co workers and was overall so unhappy because what people say behind your back. I’ve cried to my managers about what other people have said about me and they basically said he didn’t believe my side of the story. The pay is good but for your mental stability look elsewhere
Pros
50 percent off
Cons
Management/ Co Workers
Good place to work.
Customer Service/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 20, 2019
The location where I worked was close to other restaurants and stores. This meant a lot of foot traffic. Parking was hard to find and sometimes employees had to pay parking fines because the parking enforcement would appear every few minutes to stamp employee vehicles.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks, no parking, few benefits.
Poor management
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 20, 2019
The management chooses favorites. Only the favorite people get what they want. The most hours, their raises, break the rules without any Consequences. But In order to be a favorite you must kiss managements a**
Maybe goid for a 2nd job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 20, 2019
The job itself is not hard work. Once you learn the menu it is very easy. The store manager seemed to always have a short attitude towards men. The scheduling app they use is great, if you can get hours.
Pros
Discount for your personal food anytime.
Cons
Not enough hours. Rude store manager
Productive, fast-paced environment due to growing business
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 20, 2019
The rushes are long and some days we are understaffed so it takes longer to get customers in and out of the store. The workplace is friendly, but the management makes mistakes constantly on truck orders and we always run out of something. Everyone gets payed differently, but we all - except management, do the same job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks and pay rate
Very fun place to work.
Sandwich Maker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 19, 2019
Im thinking about going back ASAP.
I loved my co-workers.in my supervisor is the bomb....I opened in the morning around 6:30 so I had to get my bread and cookies made.i loved it.
Pros
Free lunch, great pay
Cons
The day went by so fast.
Good first job experience
Jersey Mikes Employee (Former Employee) –  La Costa, CAJune 17, 2019
A typical work day included prepping the produce and deli for the day and do any cleaning that hadn't been done the night before. Serve customers as they come down the line and follow them all the way to the register to complete their order.
Attractive store with great customer service.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 17, 2019
Everyday I maintain a clean and stocked store while ensuring customer service. It is important that we are making a sub above all other sandwich shops. We take drive through, uber, doordash, post-mates, and walk-in orders.
The hardest part of each day is staying organized, all it takes is for one person to mess up the flow we have going.
The most enjoyable part of the day would be the employees around me. There are a few loyal and dedicated workers who showed me the ropes and helped me get on their level within weeks.
Pros
Discounted sandwiches, friendly customers.
Cons
Poor management, less hours than I would like.
Sandwich Shop
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALJune 17, 2019
It is a sandwich shop. A different version of subway. It was boring, uneventful, and the customers tipped okay but most had attitudes about tipping. Not enjoyable.
easy job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 16, 2019
upper management wasn’t great. 6 day work week with no benefits. easy job, nice culture but no room for growth. got tips would helped supplement income and keep money in pocket
Great place, great management
Jersey Mikes (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 15, 2019
The culture and the rules and the cleanliness of the job is one of the reasons why I like the management runs the restaurant. I would most definitely come and I have my meal there if I was or not part of the organization, great employees and everyone leaves with a smile
Pros
Discount food