Jersey Mike's Subs Employee Reviews

Found 1,345 reviews matching the search See all 1,348 reviews
great place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  South Elgin, ILDecember 8, 2018
this is a great place to work bringing customers joy while serving food is great. I learned how to work more efficiently and still have fun at work!!!
Management for this location is awful
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIDecember 8, 2018
Jersey mike's was a really great, fun job when I started here. The current manager doesn't value or appreciate employees and morale has fallen. Many people have quit because of this, leaving us fairly understaffed. Treating your employees nicely makes them want to stay and keeps them happier, friendlier and more motivated to give customers a sub above experience. However, when that doesn't happen you get unhappy, unmotivated employees who don't want to be there and ultimately leave. I truly hope corporate is paying attention to how many employees have left this store and fixes the management.
Pros
Free/discounted subs
Generally fun work environment
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 7, 2018
Most employees are fun to work with, rough management at some locations. Love to meet consistent customers and create bonds with them. The hardest part of the job is to do it for a long time because of the repetition.
Jersey Mikes
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 5, 2018
A typical day would be helping customers all day long, handling any problem that arises, training, doing paperwork (invoices, scheduling, ordering) and working 10 hours a day. Once your a GM everything falls on you and if you ask for help don’t expect to get anything. You’ll probably be overworked, under appreciated, and in over your head but the pay is decent. However there are many benefits besides the pay and absolutely no work/life balance
Pros
Free meals, decent pay for upper management
Cons
No breaks, no benefits
Quick-paced work environment
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Fountain, CODecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at Jersey Mike's, and they allowed my schedule to be flexible while I was in high school. However, there was very poor management which made the work place very stressful and quick-paced. My manager at the time had very strongly shown and expressed that everything needed to be done with absolute perfection, even when I was just starting out and did not know anything about the job. The store I worked at was very poor at training and educating new employees on how to do different tasks, if they taught them at all. This contributed significantly to the stress on the job.
Pros
50% off sandwiches
Cons
Poor management
Great First Job
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 4, 2018
Jersey Mike's was my first official job, and it was great for a first job. It taught me all the basics I needed to know for having a job. I promoted, but it was a very slow promotion. When I first started working there, I loved my job, but as time passed, work became very stressful and hectic. We started losing employees and things went downhill from there. I would recommend this as a first job to those who need it.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Things can get out of hand
It's a great place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2018
It's a great place to work but at the time the manager wasn't the best so it made it somewhat stressful. If you're a young person just getting started in the real world this is a good place to start.
Pros
Free mini for every 4 hours worked.
Cons
No set breaks or set duties for the staff.
Loved JM Subs
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDDecember 3, 2018
Worked here for a year and i loved my crew and my customers. I hated to leave but it had to be done when it came,i also love the food it is definitely recommended.
It was a learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2018
it’s was a good job, I was given an opportunity to learn the business and some management issue I was allowed to be a part of. I learn about the food service industry which was really cool.
Excellent place to work
Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 3, 2018
Jersey mikes is a good work place with awesome subs and the staff are great at what they do. They treat everyone with respect. I would definitely recommend this place to eat
Good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 2, 2018
A typical day at Jersey Mike's consist of opening the store, makeing sure that the store stays clean throughout the day. Making sandwiches for customers that come into the store.
Pros
Can be fun some times
Cons
No Breaks when things to do
nothing exciting
Sub Maker/wrapper (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 1, 2018
my review its a great place to work but you have to be the most perfect person in the world so good luck but the food is great and its such a small place with so much co-workers but i didn't really care about that and the mangers are never there to see how you do and also they never send an e-mail or phone call letting you know when the meetings are they just expect you to know witch is really annoying
Pros
not really any pros we don't get free foods only if we work over 4/5 hours
Cons
they never give you a chance and when they say there going to do something they never do
Loved working with jersey mikes
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 29, 2018
Kept area clean and stocked, prepped meats, and sliced and prepared subs for customers and kept bathrooms and lobby clean also cleaned windows and made sure sitting area for outside was clean
Pros
Great & friendly people
Cons
No hours
Great first job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 29, 2018
This is a great company for younger people to start with. You get great coaching and feedback. Although, there isn't a ton of opportunity to move up past the managerial positions, therefore this is a great job for younger people. It is difficult for adults to financially afford working here because the pay is low. They have a high turnover rate- partly because of the low pay and the quality of workers this attracts.
Shift lead
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 28, 2018
All I ask from a job is to be treated fair and respect me.Not earthier one has been the case here this job is for someone in high school owners say they care but in the end it’s all about $ not a job for grownups .
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Favoritisms
great job
Jersey Mikes (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CANovember 28, 2018
very good job for a teenager very relaxed but can get busy at times not too hard I love being able to watch sports and not deal with too much its very simple.
review
Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 27, 2018
Typical day was prepping the food for a lunch rush, making sandwiches and cleaning. I learned how to be patient with costumers and good communication skills. The management was firm but reasonable. The work culture was fun and fast paced. The hardest part of the job was keeping the costumers moving( continuously making sandwiches for rush). The most enjoyable part of the job was making friends and building costumer relations.
Pros
new friends, good food
Cons
uniform
Great first time job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 21, 2018
This was my first job and it gave me a well rounded work experience. It was challenging enough and I enjoyed the people I worked with especially the manager.
Pros
free meal
Cons
security not good
pay needs to increase
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 21, 2018
overall i believe that there was a lot of work that needed to be done like prepping/ food cleaning the store and serving /handling customers with very little pay..we work just as hard as in n out workers
Pros
free sandwich on your break
Cons
no benefits
No Idle Hands
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 20, 2018
Not enough employees and no hires. There is often only one person working between 2 pm and 5 pm. Working alone keeps you busy as you have to restock for closing employees and service customers at the same time. Customers often order $20+ worth of food between 2 pm and 5 pm. Coorporate States there should never be one employee scheduled at a time.
Pros
Half off discount days you work
Cons
Store Owners have little experience/management skills