Jersey Mike's Subs Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,213 reviews matching the search See all 1,216 reviews
Amazing and great place to work
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCAugust 13, 2018
Amazing and great place to work for a first time job. only thing i wasn't able to do was use the slicer because i was not 18 at the time of employent.
Make sure you have a good owner.
Shift Leader/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHAugust 13, 2018
Ive worked for two jersey mikes locations. The first location wasnt bad. Owner was friendly and understanding with employees and home life. Also hourly wages were good. The other location... The owner ignored harrassment in the work place multiple times. Repeatedly lied or ignored employees concerns. Played favorites. There were no rules and it was a mess.
Cons
No free lunch. Childish rude employees, owner doesn't care at all!
This was a great job experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73139August 12, 2018
This job gave me the opportunity to learn some managerial experience while being in a wonderful customer service environment.This experience I can now take with me to other jobs and be useful if I ever find myself offered another management job. I appreciate the opportunity I received by being not only a friendly face for our customers but guaranteeing them the best service I could possibly provide.
Fast paced but always understaffed
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2018
The management isn't great some stores are better than others but the management doesnt seem to genuinely care about their job.the "teamwork" tends to be 2 or 3 people doing most of the heavy lifting and most employees don't care enough about the job.you have to attend about 200 people per day its a lot of social interaction and you're expected to banter with the customer a lot of whom are rude or disrespectful.the food is expensive and customers will complain about every possible thing.it pays well but they dont give a lot of hours unless you are shift lead or higher.there are always employees calling out sick or not showing up at all and many new hires don't last more than a couple of days most places tend to be understaffed and it creates a stressful situation for the employees who do show up.overall a stressful enviroment but if fast paced is your thing then you'll do well here.
Pros
Free employee meal
Cons
Always busy and understaffed
Productive and full of great workers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Prep the veggies, cleaned lobby, cashier, shift leader, I've learned to be a leader and listen, learned how to cook, and learned how to be very patient.
Fun people and good discounts.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 10, 2018
A lot of fun people to work with and the management team is new so its good. Employees learn fast so it makes the job easier. I have learned to manage the store while he management team isn’t there so it has given me a lot of expiernce in that area.
Pros
Discounts of food and merchandise.
Cons
No breaks, long hours, and not a lot of employees to cover shifts if an emergency comes up.
Cool
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCAugust 10, 2018
It’s a very cool place to work.just like every work place it has it days. Sometimes it is challenging, But it’s a good company they pay great...they also donate to the girls and boys club every year.
Pros
They make sure they have your back when you need them.
A place you think you will go far with but you really won't
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 10, 2018
When I first started this job, I loved it. I thought it was amazing and I seriously considered trying to go farther with the company. Unfortunately the more I worked there the more I realized that I was completely wrong. The higher ups would never come around and when they did they never focused on the good things we have done or how much progress we have made, their sole focus is to find any little thing they can find that's wrong and make sure you know about it. I spent a lot of time trying to get to a higher place in the company. I worked my butt off to become a shift lead, and expressed interest multiple times that I wanted to go farther. Every time they said they would have the manager start training me and they would get me on the track to become an assistant manager and eventually a manager. They never started that process and I later found out through a manager they had told that they had no intentions of moving me up higher, and that they were lying to me. One of the worst parts about all this is that I worked my butt off for years and didn't get a single raise or glimpse of appreciation from any one of the higher ups. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
free sandwiches if you're a shift lead or higher
Cons
You think you have a chance to move up higher but you most likely won't go anywhere, They have no incentives to stay, They won't give you raises, people come and go so quickly its hard to have any sort of good schedule for you at all
Good entry-level pay, honest & high-quality company
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 9, 2018
I worked at Jersey Mike's subs as my first job for over 2 years from May 2015 to August 2017. It was a really fun first job despite the tough work it sometimes required. You make minimum wage plus tips (tips vary depending on location; my location had stricter management but this ultimately translated to a cleaner/more friendly location and better tips! almost $3 an hour!). I had a few coworkers I loved and made close friends with while some of my other coworkers were simply awful; it's come to be expected in any food-service entry-level job! The food is delicious and high-quality. The work is sometimes nonstop and dirty and there are sometimes long shifts and the management was definitely strict and nit-picky, but it was a great first job to have!
Pros
Good entry-level pay, honest company
Cons
Sometimes dirty & hard work, bad coworkers
Great place to work if you want to learn about customer service
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2018
Typical day at work consists of a fast passed environment where everyone does everything. You are not fixed on one position. I learned great multitasking skills and conflict solution skills. Hardest part of the job is working in close quarters of one another while being quick and accurate. If you or someone messes up once it will throw everyone off.
Pros
Cash tips and credit card tips
Cons
Greese stains are inevitable
great first job with lots of learning experiences
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCAugust 8, 2018
Jersey Mike's for me had been a wonderful first job! Specifically referring to the store I work at, off of hwy 55 and jenks rd. I love my fellow coworkers and couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to spend almost every day with. I've grown so much since working their as a person and as an employee.
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2018
I love what I do at jeresy Mike's. Customer is like family. I love my worker and my boss. She is a hard lady and she know her stuff You can grow fast with them. I have flexible hours if your want to be a asm or a store manager
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits
It’s a good company to work for.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed working the time I did work there. They really do care about their employees and value them. I would recommend this job to someone I’m high school.
Pros
Free lunches
Fast pace working environment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 6, 2018
Jersey mike’s was an opportunity to learn what is right and wrong in a workplace and I have definitely improved from working their and know now what I did wrong.
Pros
Free drinks and half off subs
Cons
fellow employees had bad attitudes
Great first or second job for young adults.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 5, 2018
Jersey Mikes allows employees to have a very flexible schedule with school/ other activities. The work environment was comfortable and I believe it’s a very good job for young adults in high school and college.
Pros
Discounted meals.
Cons
Little to no breaks.
Terrible place I’ve work at home
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 4, 2018
Typical day at go in maybe around 3 pm .. lays bread for the night ..begin working on the cleaning list and assisting customers..I’ve learn that it does matter what type of situation it is always handle it with kind and care ..hardest part was actually doing calculations to count the drawer
Pros
Free lunch ..breaks
Cons
Drama
cool
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 4, 2018
its a great place to work while youre in school or attending college. its fast paced and alot of fun for a younger person looking for a summer job or something temporary
Great working enviorment. Love my job!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  West Milwaukee, WIAugust 4, 2018
Since joining the team many great working attributes have been obtained while being employed with Jersey Mike's. I look forward to being at work everyday!
Good place to work.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2018
Good job jard to balance work and home life a times with the demands of the job. Its an easy place to work but often alot is asked of you for the pay. Is a good entry level food job
Productive and positive work place
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 1, 2018
Jersey mikes is a positive, productive work place. Very customer oriented. Fairly fast paced environment, but easy to understand and follow along. Management was very willing to work with schedules. Management also cared for employees a lot. I was able to learn many valuable lessons to help with my future endeavors.