Jersey Mike's Subs Employee Reviews

Found 1,445 reviews matching the search See all 1,449 reviews
Quick paced and good for work skills
Jersey Mike's Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 18, 2019
I enjoyed the work because it was quick paced and changed often. One thing I didn't like was they kept all employees except managers employed part time so they didn't have to give benefits or pay more. Some trainers who worked there trained employees inconsistently.
Pros
Free Sandwiches when you work longer shifts
slow paced work environment
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 17, 2019
Wasn't very busy only had a rush for about an hour i only worked Sunday mornings and we prepped food for an hour before opening and had to clean through out shifts
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Very interractive and fast paced most times
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAFebruary 17, 2019
This was the worst job experience I've had with a managerment. The manager here was unprofessional, childish, unappreciative and lacked training her employer. I liked the customers the job itself and some of the co workers who didn't have their lips on the managers behind to get ahead. Overall i made the best of it, but it wasnt a job that i loved to walk in each day.
Pros
50% off subs, tips
Cons
No breaks, no training, and poor management
this is a great place to work
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORFebruary 17, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company the owner is very involvedhe comes in often to eat and chat with the employees making sure everyone feels important
Very Productive
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJ 07090February 13, 2019
Great environment, very fast paced. Always something to do and never a boring moment. The crew is hardworking and make sure there job gets done. Very high standards.
NopeNope NopeNope NopeNope
Former slave (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDFebruary 12, 2019
Management could not care less about employees.When minimum wage was 9.25 we got paid 8.75 an hour. I hope no one ever considers working there. turnover rate is so high for a reason. only ONE person has been there more than a few months but is considering leaving.there have been 4 managers in just a few months one walked out and quit 2 were fired. Now a new one is there who has no experience. This place is so ridiculous and overpriced. GO TO FIREHOUSE YALL. Jersey Mikes aint it
Pros
The cookies were good
Cons
Everything else
Poor management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2019
Really depends on your supervisor or general manager. My GM is moody, has favorites, doesn't schedule you the right times or schedules you off when you can't work. Everything was fine at first, but the longer you work there, the more you realize it's not worth it. Supervisor won't do much for you even if you tell them about the attitude of the GM. You have to work a whole year with an average of 30 hours a week to get any benefits. High turnover rate so you're always understaffed. Normally get along with the rest of the crew
Pros
Half off lunches, coworkers are cool, flexible schedule
Cons
Basically no benefits, poor management, no guaranteed hours
It was a fun place to work
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 10, 2019
Fun place to work and nice ppl and management. Just not a job you can advance in easily. In the end it just wasn't the right job for me at the time...
Fun place to work most of time
Team Member (Former Employee) –  State College, PAFebruary 10, 2019
I had worked at Jersey Mike's for a short time and the atmosphere was friendly. I really liked my coworkers and the store manager was typically upbeat, really nice and a little odd at times. The biggest downfall was when the owner or higher management came in. They micromanaganed, made everyone really nervous, barked orders, clearly played favorites with certain coworkers and the owner would call the female employees names like "sweetie" which made me feel really uncomfortable.

Overall my experience was ok. Manager could have been more organized and more consistent with schedules, the owners could have micromanaged less, and I was not a fan of the drama from select employees.
Pros
Friendly, coworkers, move up quickly
Cons
No free food, management
Stressful work environment.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2019
Begged for days off as I was a full time college student, threatened to quit in order to receive two days off every week. Not proper training for slicing meat, actually sliced a piece of my finger off and owner/manager blamed and told me I knew what I was doing as if I did it on purpose. Owner really unappreciated their staff. Worked us to death everyday. Mind you I was PT working 40 hrs a week. Would not give me my second raise because no one would train me properly on how to bake the break. We were yelled at every night because standards of cleaning change when owner stepped out and wife stepped in. No stability at all. Owner can be very rude at times. Nice at first though.
Pros
Half priced subs only.
Poor management & lack of acknowledgement
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAFebruary 7, 2019
“ Everyone Is Replaceable “
Poor management. Stressful place . Always having to cover various shifts for the lack of employees.
You’ll get really rude customers.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
Not payed enough
Productive environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 7, 2019
its a great job for a first job. those looking to get experience for their resume as a first job should apply here. the management is great and its a great friendly environment.
High Quality Fast Food with efficient team
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 6, 2019
This company does well in getting the product out and out correctly. They put some time and work into prep. What makes this company better than some is the quality and effort each member puts in.
Over all positive experince
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Ive enjoyed my time with the company. Very good first time job and entry level management positions. Corporate polices are followed and health regulations. Making for a great learning experience.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Minimum pay
Depending
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2019
It's a great place to work depending on the location. This 1 got busy but alot of young people that are just there for chunk change witch make it hard
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Sometimes can't catch a break
Phenomenal workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 4, 2019
Jersey mikes is an incredible place to work. I had to leave due to being part time, being a small business they prioritize full time employees but that's understandable. There was nothing bad about working there. The managers and owner were incredible and I will cherish them forever. Jersey Mikes culture is unlike no other and I sincerely recommend working there.
Pros
Amazing culture, great management
Cons
Not ideal for part time employees
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAFebruary 4, 2019
It was a little rough working here when I first started. The store had just opened and we were going through managers every few weeks. However my current and longest lasting management has been very good and I would recommend working there.
Positive energy with wonderful people
Team member (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I am lucky to say that Jersey Mikes really care about their employees, and so does my manager. The job it self can get tiring but our customers are the best, and that always helps.
Pros
free food, nice coworkers
Cons
bad hours
A great place to work learn and grow!
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCFebruary 2, 2019
I've been working for the company since 2015. I learned everything so fast and I felt comfortable with my work ethic. I learned every station in 2 months time. Hands down I'VE ALWAYS LOVED WORKING HERE. I started as a team member at $8.25 then worked my way up never ever gave up even though things get stressful. Now I'm an assistant manager making good $ getting bonuses and training new people! This is yet by the best job I've ever had! And did I mention I love it!
Pros
Great staff friendly customers
Cons
N/a
Would not Recomend
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 2, 2019
The manger at the Jersey Mikes in American Fork did not work with employees and there was no advancement opportunities since the employees that first started with the store were the favorites.