Jersey Shore University Medical Center Employee Reviews

average job
Unit Secretary Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJFebruary 4, 2019
It's an average job. No idea who the new CEO is or anything about him. Did not read information about him. I work at the overnight shift. Overnight crew is hard working, fun and ready for any problem the patients may have.
JSUMC review
Registered Nurse - Medical ICU (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJanuary 28, 2019
I only worked here for eight months so my review may not be that detailed. But my time there was great my coworkers were wonderful however I did not find the worklife balance I was looking for . A lot of the vacation time is awarded to people who are more senior due to union rules.
Productive Environment with Room for Advancement.
Nursing internship (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJanuary 10, 2019
This is a great corporation to work for with plenty of room for advancement. Management are concerned about their subordinates and are accessible when assistance is needed.
Bad hospital
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJDecember 29, 2018
horrendous staffing, terrible decisions and planning, poor patient care. Corporatization puts profits over necessary staffing and leaves patients and health professional licenses at risk.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
irresponsible, dangerous staffing.
Always a pleasure to come to work, team works well together
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Neptune, NJDecember 26, 2018
Jersey Shore is a wonderful place to work, always something that you can learn to increase your knowledge of daily functions of the hospital. The hospital staff are always warm and friendly
Pros
Warm and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not enought beds to meet the needs of the hospital
Great work enviroment, differnent things happenned everyday, learing experience
PCT (Patient Care Technician)/NUS (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJ, USDecember 13, 2018
Very busy and maintained through professionalism and knowledge. I have learned a lot about the medical field from my job at JSUMC. I have seen probably everything I can see in one day that another person would see in their lifetime! I have learned phlebotomy, Codes, medical terminology, proper transportation, EKS, triage work, general workup, patience, and a lot more. To work under tremense pressure. The hardest part of the job was the high volume of patients and emergencies that came in from day to day, and sometimes not knowing what will come through those doors. I did prevail and taught me to be how I am today under extreme pressure. The most enjoyable part of my job was the knowledge I got everyday, the excitement of saving and curing patients ailments. Showing compassion and understanding to the families as well the one being treated. Always knowing at the end of the day that I have helped many people and that they will be ok. My co workers are a big part of enjoying my job, knowing they have your back and having a laugh now and then to break the hectic day in the life of the ER
Pros
Saving and helping patinets, great co workers, safe fun enviroment
Cons
That it could get busy and trying to control the over flow of patines admitance
I reviewed
Unit Secretary/CNA,Pca (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJNovember 11, 2018
A typical day on Maternity was very busy.
I learned as a secretary you are the first person the patient sees and a smile goes a long way to make a patient more comfortable!
My manager on the night shift was there for you if you needed to talk or help in anyway.
Hardest part of my job was when you had to do the desk and then do the birth certificates for sometimes be about 10 certificates and they could take as long as 20 to 30 minutes to do then come back to your desk and have moms and babies to admit and the nurses can't do anything with the patient until they admitted.
The enjoyable part of my job was the smiles on the patient faces with they new baby? And of course how everyone worked together.

When I work as CNA I enjoyed helping the older patients and still do.
Pros
Cons
Not enough staff
Great Company
Senior PT Outpatient / Inpatient Rehab Department (Current Employee) –  Neptune, NJNovember 7, 2018
Excellent employer with great benefits. Deliver excellent patient focus care with the ability to provide quality care.

Great career opportunity for advancement.
Decent
Surgical Technologist Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Main ORSeptember 20, 2018
I had a good time in my internship just wish it followed through to a job , they dint have a student educator which made it difficult to see your growth as a student but overall I enjoyed it and wish I could have worked for them.
very busy and active
Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJAugust 30, 2018
Good workplace culture nice people perks were good great cafeteria management needs a little work. They need to hire more people to do all the work that needs to be done
Pros
atmosphere good
Cons
money commute
Constantly growing
Staff Nurse Care Transitions Center (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJAugust 2, 2018
Quality care, constant improvement initiatives, quality staff, comfortable physical environment, short commute for me, free parking, good cafeteria, calm atmosphere
very orginized
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 29, 2018
love working for them sending me at different places and new things with it angancie and new people at the places I worked at that time and I wanted to stay at the one places.
Fast paced collaborative environment
Shadow Student (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 11, 2018
JSUMC is a phenomenal workplace; however, you must have a love for collaboration and teamwork. The new merge between Hackensack Meridian has created a new face for this hospital which added new life.
Productive busy hospital
Unit Secretary (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMay 12, 2018
Great! Busy hospital
Great balance for family
Competitive wages
Great locations
Clean hospital
Lots of options for advancement and also several restaurants on premises
Pros
Free lunches
I love and miss working there.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMay 11, 2018
I use to work here and I miss the employees and the fellowship the most. They were always helping you advance in your craft. The drawbacks are as a tech you are not in a union so whatever the company says goes.
Pros
co workers, free lunches
Cons
no union and compensation
Poor managment
Administrative Assistant Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Neptune, new jerseyMay 3, 2018
I would not recommend this hospital. If you drive 25 minutes north you could make double the money for the same exact position and less stress. Only down side to driving north is traffic in the summer.
Benefits
Cons
Poor managment
Productivity and fun
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJApril 1, 2018
A typical work day can be very challenging depend on the case load for the day. If I had difficult patients or patients who required a lot of care medication intravenous .
Pros
Education
Cons
Could be crazy at any minute
Friendly place to work
Echo Tech (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMarch 27, 2018
Jersey Shore University Medical Center creates a family-like atmosphere when working there.
Team members are friendly and sensitive to patient's and their family's needs and concerns.
Team members treat each other fairly and kindly by doing anything from offering a helping with a patient hand to just grabbing something from the coffee shop.
Great team work place
Admin. Asst. Medical Director/Vice President (Current Employee) –  Neptune, NJMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work! Great benefits and culture.

Management is accessible.

Trips planned for team members.

Classes offered for improvement of skills.
patient observer
Patient observer (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJMarch 18, 2018
Responsibilities A day in the life of a Patient Observer at Meridian includes: Responsible for the safety of the Patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse Must be able to work in situations with isolation precautions Provide a safe environment for patients who are on One to One Supervision for Suicide Precautions, Behavioral Restraints, Line of Sight or Patient Safety Provide frequent checks on patients that have a Patient Watch Order Provide direction to patient to ensure that they do not fall or wander off Record and Document patient behavior Must be able to travel with patient when needed Required to work every other Weekend