Jersey Strong

Jersey Strong Employee Reviews

United States81 reviews
Flexible hours
If the pay was as good as the hours i would never have left. Company always changing policies, and expectations to stay current with trainings and cerifications.
Not a bad place to work
Currently work the desk at the Middletown location for about a year and a half now. It’s a pretty simple job, easy to learn and easy to do. It can get slow at some times but it’s not the worst. Management here is pretty good, and I like a lot of my staff. Really good environment. Definitely recommend if you need some extra cash in your pocket.
Jersey Strong was once an amazing place with caring co-workers and managers. It seems after a switch of managers, everything has gone downhill.
Jersey Strong once was the best place to work regardless of the pay. The atmosphere was always positive. Recently, they switched managers which led to their downfall. This manager is very narcissistic and does not obtain the proper communication skills to properly manage. Secondly, the other manager could possibly be to blame for the narcissistic attitude of the manager aforementioned. This manager whom we will refer to as manager #1, heads the entire gym. Manager #1 has no regard for manager #2 or staff in general. Overall, both managers need to be replaced in order for the gym to operate successfully.
Horrible Management
It’s so competitive that even managers will lie to get you in trouble or make u look bad to corporate and they will steal your sales and commissions. Think twice before working there
Easy going, fun, and rewarding
Sales job first, health and fitness second. In the beginning you pull members off the floor and try to close a sale. Eventually management will feed you.
Pros
Stress free, easy money, fun, various options to make money
Cons
Struggle financially until you build your clientele
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Not a great place to work
There is so much better out there. Don't settle for this gym. It's a starter kind of job in the industry. I got my start there. But it's difficult to move up in the company.
Had a great play house
I enjoyed working with the little kids but I was limited to how many hours so many restrictions. So I found a job that fit me better. I enjoyed my 5 maybe 6 years of working with them. I enjoyed seeing their happy little faces.
Great if you love the customer service industry
Sales would be the most difficult position to have within the company, Knowing your client and getting them to understand why their heath is important. Great place to interact with people all day, A very sociable atmosphere, Having motivation and positive attitude would be key for this type of work.
Performance Based Environment within a Healthy, Growing Company THAT CARES
At the end of the day, everything is what you make of it. If you work hard, are diligent in regards to your work ethic, and present yourself professionally wherever you go, opportunities will present themselves. Jersey Strong offers a competitive, healthy work environment with a strong sense of community while instilling the desire of bettering oneself in and out of the gym. Management is very reliable and will see things through taking care of its members and employees.
Pros
Gym Membership, Management, Work Environment
Flexible scheduling
Employees and managers on the floor are easy to work with...corporate/administration has many systemic problems that gets taken out on the floor staff. To sum it up, employees can't do their job correctly because corporate doesn't know how to update and outline specific guidelimes on how to do the job properly. Its as if they don't want you to succeed at your job yet they expect the company itself to preform successfully. And if you are new and make a mistake, corporate will come down on you for it, even though you're just learning. The company should have better management on the corporate level because its emotionally draining and abusive to employees just trying to do their job correctly. I would not recommend working here just because of the way corporate/administration handles their situations when it comes to having its employees do their jobs
Pros
4 hour shifts, free vip membership, discount on personal training sessions
Cons
Poorly managed from the corporate side, no discounts on merchandise
Unhealthy Work Environment
I watched coworkers and friends suffer from anxiety and severe stress. No sick days, only 4 paid vacation days for the MA position, no compensation for overtime (which occurred almost every day), no pay raises, hardly livable salary unless you are breaking your back working there and from home, etc. I met great people, the facility is fantastic, and the programs available are great for someone who loves fitness... That being said, however, I would never recommend this job to someone in search of a career in the fitness industry.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
no sick days, hardly any vacation, unpaid overtime, long hours, unstable management
It’s a great job for college graduates
Good company to learn sales and marketing aspects but really lacking quality of life .
Great atmosphere and energy .

Lots of hours for little pay

Free gym membership

Very little growth
Pros
Lots of paid training
Cons
Lack of home work life
Love it here but looking to grow
A great place to work. The DM is great and is very supportive which is why I am not leaving. In fact I would love to stay here and work another job if possible. My GM and training manger are fantastic!

I have full control over my schedule and can manipulate it to fit the needs of my family.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Upper management is a disservice to overall morale of employees/members
Most employees within the facility are great. However, upper management who hides behind their computer screens at the corporate office have a profoundly negative impact on the employees and members of jersey strong. Environment within a facility is generally very good. Upper management does their very best to destroy any positive morale within employees. They care about one thing and one thing only, money.
Pros
Members and other staff within a facility are great.
Cons
Upper management
Work environment
The colleagues are great and very motivational. The work life balance at the time was non existent for the Pay but things have changed for the better since I left for a better opportunity
Pros
People, gym membership
Greedy, no such thing as corporate, could care less about employees and members
Most dehumanizing place i've ever worked. They only care about money and hire trainers that are not certified. They change management like they change underwear. They also rehire people who have scammed people but will hire them at a different gym lol this place is a joke and I was never more relieved to leave.
Pros
dont work there, thats a pro
Cons
awful management
Productive and fun work place
I love coming to work and being excited to see my coworkers! They are all so much fun and very helpful. I learn how to communicate better with members, receive payments, assist in explaining the memberships, and signing people up.
great experience
I worked with the personal trainers at jersey strong during my time there. this was great experience for something that i am trying to pursue with my career.
Not enjoyable
The manager was very immature and did not communicate well with the employees. The schedules were never compliant with what was requested. Not the best place to work.
Cut throat environment with poor management
Dating back to 2014, we had minimal marketing collateral although it was a marketing/sales position. Management was not very involved. Awful customer service.
Unstable
My time with this organization was short lived, and I am thankful for that. If I knew the chaos I was walking into during the interview process I wouldn’t have taken the job. Your skill, experience, and knowledge in the field of fitness is unimportant to them. They just want you to sell sell sell sell. I was working AT LEAST 12 hours a day for AT LEAST 6 days a week. (And this wasn’t my choice or what I even agreed on when I was hired) my schedule was out of my hands. I was worn out and my time was totally disrespected.You’d have to be desperate, and inexperienced to take any job at this place which seems to have been the case, some of the trainers weren’t even properly certified.
Pros
Direct Manager was easy to talk to and kind.
Cons
Lack of respect for employees and members.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jersey Strong. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3