Jervis B. Webb Company Employee Reviews

Old line company needing to advance into modern systems
Executive Director of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 4, 2018
Family atmosphere, needs to embrace modern business systems, reduce overhead. Purchased by Daifuku Inc. a Japanese company that produces similar products for the Asian markets.
confusion, nepotism, management buddies with upper management
lowly assembler (Current Employee) –  Harbor Springs, MIMarch 4, 2018
I am sure this was a great place to work at some point, but now it's a joke. Micromanaging is rampant with the focus on treating employees like the enemy. Unless you are a cousin, brother, friend you will not be treated well...Inventory system might as well be written on stone tablets...very archaic. A combination of just-in-time coupled with lean manufacturing makes it very stressful for all...
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
management and everything else associated with management
Great company to work with
Associate Project Manager for Airport Technologies (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 30, 2017
This is a material handling company. It has sophisticated and advanced systems that the company manufactures, designs, installs and gets commissioned. It is a good company for mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, project managers, marketing or sales.
Pros
Location, Work timings, Office infrastructure.
Cons
Upper management is rigid
Solid Company, but Sold
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 22, 2017
The company was a great place to work. Work was very interesting. But, the company was about to be sold and I didn't like what I saw on the horizon. My entire department was cut.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Company sold
Very intewresting job assignment
Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 14, 2017
• Excellent instruction of what was required at the start of the project. This minimized the amount of rework that was requiredin the field.
• It was great that we could validate our software on a simulator before its deployment in the field.
• I found some of the requirements to be unique to this application although some parts were very similar to standard industry practice
• Ecxellent support from managemnet without being micromanaged
Pros
Very interesting project
Cons
Somewhat difficult getting informatin from some suppliers
very organized work place
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 8, 2017
I liked working there. it has a good environment to work in. I had a lot of learning through my time with them. the management staff was great. they make it enjoyable.
Productive work place with good work and life balance
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 30, 2017
Good company to work for. Good organization with work and life balance. I have learnt technologies like .NET Framework 4.5, C#, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 21, 2016
Employees enjoy many company benefits. The employee appreciation events that bring employees and management together help foster a healthy work culture.
Still family oriented
Independant Talent Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 8, 2016
Senior management changes are changing the culture of the organization. The long standing family culture is slowly being replaced with a more rigid Japanese culture.
Strong History
Director of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 4, 2016
Webb has a very storied, proud history. Truly one of America's success stories for a company with a long tenure. Amazing people to work with on a daily basis, all knowledgeable and passionate.
Worked with 21 Engineers
Admin (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 26, 2013
Definitely a challenge. Especially each ones handwriting. I liked this job because most of these people were intelligent and professional. The company closed or I would still be there. Loyalty to your company and the people you work with is vital. I did Bill of Materials, handled drawings, filed, did data entry, extensive writing, phones. This was a division of a world-wide company.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
The courtesy and being appreciated for the job I did for them
Great place to work!
Administrative- Release Management Team (Former Employee) –  Harbor Springs, MIAugust 8, 2013
Great crew. Excellent training.
Very organized and structured.
Pros
Many
Cons
You have to start through a temp agancy.
Senior HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 16, 2012
Progressive Company offering business solutions for material handling needs.
An overall good company to work for.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 27, 2012
Every day was different with a variety of tasks done for the HR Manager, Recruiter and both Directors. Coming from a training career I learned a lot in my 7 years in Human Resources. All managers had their own style but all the styles worked. There was a wide range of ages in the department but it was a good group and we all worked well together. The hardest part was that sometimes it seemed as if there was not enough hours in the day. I enjoyed working with employees in other departments and answering questions and helping to resolve any issues they may have had.
Pros
activities for the employees throughout the year; company contribution to the 401(k)
Cons
fighting the traffic on the way home.