Jessup Auto Plaza Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
3.5Job Security & Advancement
sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJanuary 5, 2018
I am able to sell gm vehicles. I also help people find out better financing options. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistent pay and schedule that we have.
Pros
cars
Cons
money
Awesome work environment
Journeyman Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CADecember 21, 2015
It was like working as a big family very team oriented. Very updated tool room. They really cared about their employees.
In the summer I was able to take time of more than usual as the Jessups would go on vacation.
Assistant to Andrew T. Jessup (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJuly 31, 2013
Go through and distribute all the mail. Do all of the correspondence as needed.

I did monthly calendars and financial reports for all departments as well as General Motors.

I learned to work on my own and self taught as Admin. Asst. I was receptionist then the next day Admin. Asst.

Our co-workers were wonderful. Like one big family.

The hardest part was having to teach myself Admin and all computer work including Excel.

The most enjoyable part was group outings with our customers. Also our softball team.
Pros
Lunchs for the staff. We also had a company softball team.
Cons
Not enough pay. Even when I went from receptionist to Admin I did not recieve a pay increase.
Very high energy workplace, fun to be around.
Lot Porter (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAAugust 20, 2012
Typical work day at Jessup was busy. Worked from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and all day I was busy, which I liked , because I like to stay busy then stand around. My Manager was good, he pushed us and motivated us in a good way. Sometimes he had his off days like most of us, but mostly good. Co workers were all friendly and fun to be around. Hardest part of the job was the mid day rush, and my teammates were on lunch breaks, other then that it was pretty easy.
Pros
fast paced work, and fun cars to drive.
Cons
summer time was hot to be outside and work slowed down.