Jet's Pizza Employee Reviews

It was ok
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 14, 2019
it wasn't really that bad. it only really got bad when i was close to leaving. theres a lot of bias and double standards in the workplace buy other than that, i didn't really like it that much.
Productive Workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 13, 2019
There isn't much to expect out of this job besides a good start to your future career. At Jet's, I learned how to approach and assist customer based on their needs and wants. I was also given the opportunity to actually work the register (usually management does not allow new employees to work with the register due to theft in the past), but I was seen as trustworthy and was allowed to do so. Management is very nice and "chill", I had very little issues with management. The workplace has many different personalities yet we all work together to complete our tasks. The job is not very difficult at all, I would say it's rather simple. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the managers give you praise and make you feel welcomed.
Pros
Free food and drinks at times, management is very nice and down to earth.
Cons
Very little breaks, unless business is slow.
Was fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 12, 2019
The whole job was enjoyable, I would definitely would do it again. Making pizza is a lot of fun, and everyone was really friendly. I would recommend it.
High School Job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIFebruary 11, 2019
This is a job that is for someone that is going through school. I did it while i was in school and it helped me earn money while in school. Not a career type job.
Good money from tips but no advancement
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIFebruary 10, 2019
Good job, fun , lots of laughs, can become manager with hard work and ethic but the pay isn't worth the hassle. perfect 2nd job to earn extra cash but brutal on your car !
Pros
Great tips, free food, fun, laid back, easy
Cons
wear and tear on car, no raises, no benefits, take advantage of you
i appreciate the acceptance
delivery and insider (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIFebruary 9, 2019
I worked while I was very sick and kept up with them very well. they were flexible to my illness letting me leave early if need be. but rare. if I needed someone to cover me it was usually never a problem and never left them without an employee for the day
Pros
drive explore the city
Cons
damage to the vehicle
unhealthy work environment, feels like high school
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48154February 1, 2019
The Jet's Pizza corporation is a good company but their privately owned stores are poorly managed and feel like high school. I am very disappointed with their choice of management and the fact that they offer no benefits or perks of any kind considering the prices of their products.
Pros
solid learning experience
Cons
drama, feels like high school
A normal day at work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 1, 2019
Pretty much once i clocked in and put my apron on and depening if it was buessy or slow i would just jump in to making orders what ever was on the ticket on really slow days they had me on dish cleaning the floors bathrooms ect i enjoyed working there tho i left to go to culinary school
Fantastic
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 1, 2019
It's honestly a great place to work with really fun and hard working managers that actually care. As long as you're a chill individual and don't cause unnecessary drama you will get along with everyone great I'm sure. We had a lot of laughs and, even when we were very busy, things ran very smoothly do to wonderful management.
Cons
Annoying manager, boring but fine job, not much money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 29, 2019
The manager would not stop talking politics all the time and would get very aggressive about it and constantly tell us how we were all terrible employees and how he didn't understand why we didn't want to work for him.
The work was fine, but it was boring and didn't pay enough to make it worth putting up with the manager.
Pros
30% discount on pizza
Enjoyable work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJanuary 25, 2019
A typical day at work for me was making dough, cutting produce, making dressings, answering phones, taking orders, making orders, customer service at the counter,cashing out orders, cleanup, and closing out/end of day procedures. Other responsibilities included; making the food orders; making updates to the computer program; scheduling employees; updating employee data files; weekly payroll entries; and hiring of new employees. The most difficult part of the job was the high turnover rate of employees because most positions were first job for young people saving money for college or spending money while still in high school. The most enjoyable or rewarding part of the job was teaching the employees new skills and watching them gain confidence and improve at the job skills.
Pros
Working with young people and seeing them grow into productive adults.
Cons
Constantly changing schedule. Rare opportunities for breaks or time off.
Clean Work Space
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 24, 2019
This was the type of work place for those who are looking for a few extra dollars while in school. The work area was super clean as well and part of the closing process every night was a deep clean of the entire pizza shop. There was no putting it off until the next day.
productive workplace. good first job
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Berkley, MIJanuary 24, 2019
a typical day at work would include me getting there prepping the pizzas or rolling the dough. after that i would out the sauce in the pizzas and whatever the desired toppings were.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 23, 2019
Jet's Pizza is an amazing company to work for. There is so much room for advancement. I learned some much from working here. This was my first job and they helped shape me into the hardworking and motivated employee I am today.
Pizza Shop
Insider/Driver (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 21, 2019
It was just your average pizza shop, some busy days others were slow, no real heavy lifting and the culture there was a lot of fun. many good memories with my friends.
Fun
Production staff (Former Employee) –  Pinckney, MIJanuary 20, 2019
Busy then slow, then told to leave early.
I learned basic life skills.
Management was fine.
The culture was fun for teenagers.
Dinner rush.
Dinner Rush.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
No breaks, No benefits, no advancement.
Fun place with great people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIJanuary 17, 2019
The job mostly consisted of just grinding up cheese in the morning to have it for the night shift as well as doing the dishes and cleaning, but most of the time during the evening I would just deliver pizzas when it was rush and then catch up on the dishes once it slowed down
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
beats up your car
Your regular corporate pizza-place job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 17, 2019
Working for Jet's was as fun as it was challenging. Depending on your position, the pay might be hourly or hourly+tips where the tips truly vary on where you work.
Great company Great people
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 14, 2019
My experience was great. I worked with Great talented people who drove a business to be great ! A Michigan business that makes delicious pizza and is growing also.
Relaxed and Competitive place to work
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2019
Jets Pizza is a competitive place to work in the food industry. The franchise is open to quick promotions and excellent training. However, expect to always work weekends and time off for management is complicated, if staff is unreliable.