Jet Aviation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work at the time
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 1, 2018
I did shipping and receiving when I started. Towards the end I also did purchasing. I learned how to run a forklift, use FEDEX and UPS shipping format on the computer. Learned how to use a foam packing machine.
Mgmt was ok but nothing to brag about.
There really wasn't anything hard about it. I guess I could say the hardest part was leaving a great job.
The pay wasn't great for my position, but the people made up for it. Great bunch of associates, friendly, caring and always willing to help one another. Our HR person was the GREATEST!
Pros
I enjoyed going to work at Jet
Cons
Pay was not enough at the time
Excellent company to work for.
Line man, tower, fueler, helper. (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 25, 2018
Good environment and excellent peoples to be around and work for. Very informative and very educational place to learn something new. Management are great and they always have your best interests at heart. Excellent excellent working environment and company to be employed.
Pros
Good excellent company
Cons
Weather, just in the winter season
Easy Job, Difficult People
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJuly 12, 2018
As summary says, if people learned to work together better and trust one-another the day would go by easier than ever. Work day when its busy goes by very fast, and can tend to drag on slower days. But on the hole an easy gig.
Was a great place to work 20 years ago
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJune 1, 2018
When the company was family owned, they cared about their employees. Now, things are so different. Someone who has had many yeas with the company does not get any seniority. It does not exist anymore.
Pros
excellent benefits, excellent match on 401k
Cons
too many people with no experience in management positions
Management was clueless
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILMay 24, 2018
They didn't see the value in people. They would give you a role but not a title or raise, ask you to perform the role before getting it. but then years down the road you would still not have "earned it".
Meh
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2018
Worked the line for a few months I felt they don't focus much on training so you pretty much gotta figure it out on your own. Previously worked for 3 years at a top fob and this company lacks customer service badly ! They also have horrible communication. Other than that line guys are amazing. Also you get paid to work 8 hours straight, so you don't get a normal break like every other job. The only break is to sit down and eat your lunch because the consider the down time between planes is included as a rest period. I thought that was so wrong !
Pros
ok tips
Cons
No breaks !
Very basic job
Scheduler/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJApril 29, 2018
This environment required a great deal of patience with a number of mundane tasks, willingness to work night shifts and long hours for pretty low pay.
Large Company
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 23, 2018
Large Company comes with Large company problems such as cross departmental communication.

Great departments, great employees, fun place to work.

great locations.
nothing good to say
IT Solutions Analyst - RPG programmer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, IllinoisMarch 8, 2018
My immediate co-worker were great, my local management was okay but upper level management was terrible. Very poor decision making so bad that the entity that I supported is no longer in existence!
busy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 31, 2018
the managers did not put enough people on to properly cover the busy desk. the phone was constantly ringing and people were always at the front desk. i felt it was very rude to be that way to the customers.
I wish not to tear down a company for one locations actions.
Sr Dsgn Eng - Bombardier Global XRS/G5000 (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJanuary 30, 2018
The company located in STL as it was/is in a closing state. What will be left will be a shadow of its former self. I loved working with a ton of individuals that have since picked up and moved on.
Pros
Great People with a lot of heart in STL. hope most of them get carried over to Gulfstream.
Cons
Became very political in the last 6 years or so. In a bad way.
Well organized management company
GV Line captain - International Part 91 (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJanuary 25, 2018
Little interaction with senior management. We had a unique account within the organization, primarily 91/135 charters. Overall, it is a good place to work.
Ownded by GD
Director of FBO Services (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 18, 2018
Jet Aviation is owned by General Dynamics which means the FBO will have some challenges that other FBO's do not have to deal with. Does come with great benefits.
Work culture not adequate for contract employees.
Contract Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJanuary 14, 2018
When I was at Jet Aviation, the company was trying to create a technical writing department. The y enlisted the support of a group of contractors (myself excluded) that all knew each other and usually traveled from company to company. There was no style guide to write documentation until I created one.
Worst company ever
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 10, 2018
Very backwards and hostile work environment. They force women to wear make up like the 1950s. Women are not allowed to have roots showing but they don’t pay enough to get your hair done on a regular basis. someone watched too much old tv and has no concept of reality. No advancement for women unless you sell out the rest and force us to wear makeup. Bad culture and bad agendas pushed from people who have no idea what America is like. You work bad hours and Christmas too!!
Pros
Travel to 1950 without time machine
Cons
Forced to wear makeup, no high jobs for women, bad schedule, not rewarding
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2018
I work there a couple months in the summer. Although the job can be stressful at times, its not completely horrible.People definitely make up for the job. Sometimes there drama, but its easy to ignore. Not a bad job. Nights shift is better than the morning shift. Get schedules a month in advance.
Good place with poor management
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 24, 2017
Good place to work at if the right people were involved. poor management. unequal treatment. all jet aviations at different locations are all different. Jet avaiation in van nuys may be the worse one to work at
Pros
paid vacation, sick days, holiday leave
Cons
Poor management
Productive, fast pace and yet pleasant environment
Flammability Upholstery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILDecember 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the mobility you had in the facility. Working on the production side you was never tied to one location. Also had areas to get in some walking exercise.
Bad company
Aviation Painter (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILDecember 8, 2017
Well to sum it all up the company was bought out after they put all of their effort into contacts from one company the contracts fell through and now they have been bought out
Good place to work.
Southeast Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILNovember 7, 2017
As a Regional Sales Manager I was able to perform my duties without being micro managed. Travel was required weekly to sell and establish relationships with corporate aircraft operators.