Jet Aviation Employee Reviews

Jet Aviation Review
Ramp/ Counter Agent (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 19, 2018
Jet Aviation help me to understand the workplace, grow as a person and to have a responsibility as employe and do the right things and follow instructions.
Pros
flexible, meeting new people
Cons
job security, few hours
good place
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILSeptember 16, 2018
It was great until the new senior level management took over, ran it into ground. Place was making money hand over fist, employees very happy, but new senior management in and place went under
good place to learn
VIP Interior Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Switzerland, FLSeptember 13, 2018
big hangar ,one wide body hangar for A380 check ,outfitting and maintenance.
Vip aircrafts.
nice co-workers helpful ,team spirit, good ambiance.
good place to learn
Cons
small canteen
Just a great company
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Was a great company to work for till I found the property management job. When I was working there I was able to oversee the construction of 4 hangars plus office space, along with helping fuel and servicing private aircraft. The people that worked at Jet were just wonderful people, so helping others was very easy.
very well compinsated
Cabinet Maker/Installer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILAugust 28, 2018
Very quality minded and difficult work very technical . Very well paid and great benefits. Makes for a competitive environment. Some supervisors were very worried about their positions leading to extreme issues of harsh treatment of some employees .
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
I was a temp
Client Accountant (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJAugust 15, 2018
I was a temp, it was an ok job. I came in and did my job and then I left. The workload was never ending, but my boss let me work and didn't micromanage or schedule pointless meetings.
Great place to work at the time
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 1, 2018
I did shipping and receiving when I started. Towards the end I also did purchasing. I learned how to run a forklift, use FEDEX and UPS shipping format on the computer. Learned how to use a foam packing machine.
Mgmt was ok but nothing to brag about.
There really wasn't anything hard about it. I guess I could say the hardest part was leaving a great job.
The pay wasn't great for my position, but the people made up for it. Great bunch of associates, friendly, caring and always willing to help one another. Our HR person was the GREATEST!
Pros
I enjoyed going to work at Jet
Cons
Pay was not enough at the time
Excellent company to work for.
Line man, tower, fueler, helper. (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 25, 2018
Good environment and excellent peoples to be around and work for. Very informative and very educational place to learn something new. Management are great and they always have your best interests at heart. Excellent excellent working environment and company to be employed.
Pros
Good excellent company
Cons
Weather, just in the winter season
Easy Job, Difficult People
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJuly 12, 2018
As summary says, if people learned to work together better and trust one-another the day would go by easier than ever. Work day when its busy goes by very fast, and can tend to drag on slower days. But on the hole an easy gig.
They make contracts to finish company planes on a date, fail
Avionics Installer Midcoast Aviation (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, IL 62206July 1, 2018
They make contracts with companies to complete planes on a certqain date and fail to due so because they grossly understaff personnel to get the plane finished. Then they loose a lot of money, due to gross negligence by management.
Pros
not much, a pay check.
Cons
Your bossess are jerks who want to fire you.
Was a great place to work 20 years ago
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJune 1, 2018
When the company was family owned, they cared about their employees. Now, things are so different. Someone who has had many yeas with the company does not get any seniority. It does not exist anymore.
Pros
excellent benefits, excellent match on 401k
Cons
too many people with no experience in management positions
Management was clueless
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILMay 24, 2018
They didn't see the value in people. They would give you a role but not a title or raise, ask you to perform the role before getting it. but then years down the road you would still not have "earned it".
Meh
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2018
Worked the line for a few months I felt they don't focus much on training so you pretty much gotta figure it out on your own. Previously worked for 3 years at a top fob and this company lacks customer service badly ! They also have horrible communication. Other than that line guys are amazing. Also you get paid to work 8 hours straight, so you don't get a normal break like every other job. The only break is to sit down and eat your lunch because the consider the down time between planes is included as a rest period. I thought that was so wrong !
Pros
ok tips
Cons
No breaks !
Very basic job
Scheduler/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJApril 29, 2018
This environment required a great deal of patience with a number of mundane tasks, willingness to work night shifts and long hours for pretty low pay.
Large Company
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 23, 2018
Large Company comes with Large company problems such as cross departmental communication.

Great departments, great employees, fun place to work.

great locations.
nothing good to say
IT Solutions Analyst - RPG programmer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, IllinoisMarch 8, 2018
My immediate co-worker were great, my local management was okay but upper level management was terrible. Very poor decision making so bad that the entity that I supported is no longer in existence!
busy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 31, 2018
the managers did not put enough people on to properly cover the busy desk. the phone was constantly ringing and people were always at the front desk. i felt it was very rude to be that way to the customers.
I wish not to tear down a company for one locations actions.
Sr Dsgn Eng - Bombardier Global XRS/G5000 (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJanuary 30, 2018
The company located in STL as it was/is in a closing state. What will be left will be a shadow of its former self. I loved working with a ton of individuals that have since picked up and moved on.
Pros
Great People with a lot of heart in STL. hope most of them get carried over to Gulfstream.
Cons
Became very political in the last 6 years or so. In a bad way.
Well organized management company
GV Line captain - International Part 91 (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJanuary 25, 2018
Little interaction with senior management. We had a unique account within the organization, primarily 91/135 charters. Overall, it is a good place to work.
Ownded by GD
Director of FBO Services (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 18, 2018
Jet Aviation is owned by General Dynamics which means the FBO will have some challenges that other FBO's do not have to deal with. Does come with great benefits.