Jet Aviation Employee Reviews

very well compinsated
Cabinet Maker/Installer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILAugust 28, 2018
Very quality minded and difficult work very technical . Very well paid and great benefits. Makes for a competitive environment. Some supervisors were very worried about their positions leading to extreme issues of harsh treatment of some employees .
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Was a great place to work 20 years ago
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJune 1, 2018
When the company was family owned, they cared about their employees. Now, things are so different. Someone who has had many yeas with the company does not get any seniority. It does not exist anymore.
Pros
excellent benefits, excellent match on 401k
Cons
too many people with no experience in management positions
Management was clueless
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILMay 24, 2018
They didn't see the value in people. They would give you a role but not a title or raise, ask you to perform the role before getting it. but then years down the road you would still not have "earned it".
Great Company
Ground Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJNovember 10, 2018
This is a great place to work. Everyone is a team player and the focus is to get the job done in a professional manner. Gratuity is not mandatory but it is nice when it is earned. Management is there for you but lacks in keeping their promises. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed at times. The most enjoyable part of work is the relationship you build with your guests that arrive from different cultures of the world.
Pros
Paid time off, Paid sick days
Cons
Underpaid
You are in a poker game while you are working.
CERTIFICATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILOctober 21, 2018
The company culture is a poker game. Human Resources fills many positions with any warm body off the street/out of prison, which wouldn't be so bad--a noble thing, actually--if 'pure aggression' wasn't valued over the 'aggressive pursuit' of education or least a talent. If you work here, you may find yourself being a full-time instructor while trying to get your own jobs done, or you may find yourself being treated like a 3-year-old because that's all your boss knows how to do.
High speed, low drag, working to be "World Class".
Supervisor Integrations (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILOctober 19, 2017
My typical day at Jet started with a cup of coffee then proceeded to a series of meetings to set the day's goals and report on the previous day's progress. Up until the last couple of months, the culture could best be described as fighting brushfires. Needless to say, this presented some daunting challenges, parts delays, accelerated schedules, extremely demanding customers, equipment malfunctions, etc. Unfortunately, we didn't figure out how to get ahead of the wave until about 4 months ago. The job was still fast paced and the hours long, but we were getting what we needed when we needed it. And getting the aircraft built on time, on budget, and with real first time quality.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, Job satisfaction.
Cons
Upper management lack of foresight, failed to understand the fundamental system weaknesses.
Excellent company to work for.
Line man, tower, fueler, helper. (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 25, 2018
Good environment and excellent peoples to be around and work for. Very informative and very educational place to learn something new. Management are great and they always have your best interests at heart. Excellent excellent working environment and company to be employed.
Pros
Good excellent company
Cons
Weather, just in the winter season
Jet Aviation Review
Ramp/ Counter Agent (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 19, 2018
Jet Aviation help me to understand the workplace, grow as a person and to have a responsibility as employe and do the right things and follow instructions.
Pros
flexible, meeting new people
Cons
job security, few hours
Just a great company
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Was a great company to work for till I found the property management job. When I was working there I was able to oversee the construction of 4 hangars plus office space, along with helping fuel and servicing private aircraft. The people that worked at Jet were just wonderful people, so helping others was very easy.
Great place to work at the time
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 1, 2018
I did shipping and receiving when I started. Towards the end I also did purchasing. I learned how to run a forklift, use FEDEX and UPS shipping format on the computer. Learned how to use a foam packing machine.
Mgmt was ok but nothing to brag about.
There really wasn't anything hard about it. I guess I could say the hardest part was leaving a great job.
The pay wasn't great for my position, but the people made up for it. Great bunch of associates, friendly, caring and always willing to help one another. Our HR person was the GREATEST!
Pros
I enjoyed going to work at Jet
Cons
Pay was not enough at the time
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 24, 2018
Jet Aviation has a great environment and great leaders to help you with new techniques on aviation. For example, I was new to the aviation field and I had to learn the phonetics alphabets which only took me a day to do so! And learning about the different jets took time and eventually with ease I was able to tell the difference between a Pilatus PC-12 and Gulf-stream.
I was not a good fit for this company
Manager of FBO Sales &Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2018
When I started, there was no training at all. I was required to learn all of their systems all on my own. The general manager I reported to was always undermining me
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Bad culture
good place
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILSeptember 16, 2018
It was great until the new senior level management took over, ran it into ground. Place was making money hand over fist, employees very happy, but new senior management in and place went under
Productive place to work
Senior Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJOctober 23, 2018
Jet is a very productive place to work. There is room for growth within the company which is a great thing for employees. Most of the people that work in the company have your best interest at heart.
Ownded by GD
Director of FBO Services (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 18, 2018
Jet Aviation is owned by General Dynamics which means the FBO will have some challenges that other FBO's do not have to deal with. Does come with great benefits.
They make contracts to finish company planes on a date, fail
Avionics Installer Midcoast Aviation (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, IL 62206July 1, 2018
They make contracts with companies to complete planes on a certqain date and fail to due so because they grossly understaff personnel to get the plane finished. Then they loose a lot of money, due to gross negligence by management.
Pros
not much, a pay check.
Cons
Your bossess are jerks who want to fire you.
Very professional company
Flight Attendant on a BBJ 737 (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaNovember 18, 2018
I worked for Jet Aviation Zurich and it was a very professional company

Always supportive of the crew when needed ,

Travel in business class to work and back home
Pros
free snacks
Cons
air conditioning too cold
good place to learn
VIP Interior Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Switzerland, FLSeptember 13, 2018
big hangar ,one wide body hangar for A380 check ,outfitting and maintenance.
Vip aircrafts.
nice co-workers helpful ,team spirit, good ambiance.
good place to learn
Cons
small canteen
Meh
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2018
Worked the line for a few months I felt they don't focus much on training so you pretty much gotta figure it out on your own. Previously worked for 3 years at a top fob and this company lacks customer service badly ! They also have horrible communication. Other than that line guys are amazing. Also you get paid to work 8 hours straight, so you don't get a normal break like every other job. The only break is to sit down and eat your lunch because the consider the down time between planes is included as a rest period. I thought that was so wrong !
Pros
ok tips
Cons
No breaks !
Great experience into private aviation culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMay 21, 2015
During my time at Jet Aviation i was able to see how exactly the private aviation field operates. How to cater to VIP's, CEO's, Dignitaries, Celebrities and high-class families. Being as i am finishing my Airframe and powerplant certification, it gave me some insight on what i would be getting into once i finally obtained my license. However, the workplace favortism and the only male working in customer service did put me at a disadvantage from the other's. I took it as a learning experience in working with a female workforce and learned from my mistakes. Overall, great experience and cannot wait to start working for the private aviaiton field once again.
Pros
Free food, free gifts, good tips, good benefits
Cons
favoritism, bad employee reviews, bad workforce culture