Jet Direct Mortgage Employee Reviews

Nice while working but watch out
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYApril 16, 2019
I know I sound like a scorned ex-employee, but my experience was great, until I was asked to start different position "dont worry it won't effect salary". Until a few months later-"we have to cut salary" then despite no negative reviews, they hired new person for my "temporary fill in position" I train them and switch back to original position (still at reduced salary) then out of nowhere, and in the midst of tremendous growth--"we have to let you go"
?!?! Watch your back
Pros
While times were good i loved it
Cons
No warning, in the middle of normal productive day-BAM- you're gone
Excellent place to work, everyone is like Family
MLO (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work, friendly staff, very knowledgeable, Always there to help you with any problems, or issues that may come up. I couldn't ask for a better Mortgage Bank
Pros
All aspects of Management are very helpful, & experienced
Great Work Environment
Credit & Operations (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYJuly 30, 2018
This company is a rare jewel in the mortgage business. Sales and Operations work together to get the job done - imagine that! Everyone, from senior management on down is on the same page, with the same goals. The best part of this job is being able with work with like-minded professionals and have fun at the same time. There are no egos getting in the way. Everyone is valued for their individual contribution to the overall success of our business. It's just a great place to be!
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Keep up the good work.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYMarch 28, 2018
Local mortgage bank where employees and customers come before the bottom line. The owner and managers take pride in making it a place that people enjoy working at. I have been here 7 years and couldn’t be happier.
Pros
Great culture, fast paced but knowledgeable staff and great culture makes it ok and helps the days fly by
What can I say
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Jet Direct is a great place to work and everyone there is friendly and supportive. They have training classes that are given once a month in the form of "Lunch and Learns"
Pros
everyone is great and so are the benefits
Cons
none I can see
Great place to work if you like getting things done without the office politics
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Great place to work if you like getting things done without the office politics and other nonsense that plagues other mortgage companies. Never met owners and senior management that were so down to earth and not on a huge ego trip (while still being incredibly knowledgable). Great environment and an awesome place to grow and thrive. I've been here for a while and the past year or 2 has seen some incredible growth - looking forward to Jet Direct taking off and getting the recognition it deserves. I really love it here.
Pros
Great environment and an awesome place to grow
Cons
None that comes to mind
Jet Direct Is The BEST
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYDecember 18, 2017
I have been employed by Jet Direct for many years. The atmosphere is a great and positive environment where you feel like you are a part of a family that wants you to succeed. You can learn and grow within the company and will be provided with all of the tools & support to do so. The management is professional & strong while always making sure that all of the employees are happy & productive. In my experience that is a standard that is held very high here and as we grow it just keeps getting better and better! I know that I will be here for years to come and look forward to it. It is honestly a breath of fresh air coming to work everyday! ☺
Great Place to Work!
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 4, 2017
The phrase "great corporate culture" tends to be thrown around a lot and it's been my experience that it's seldom true (or at least it's nowhere near as true as senior management tends to think it is - Jet Direct is the exception. Management and the owners let those who excel at their jobs - well, excel! Workers do their job and there is the least amount of office politics that I have ever experienced!
Pros
Great culture, down to earth owners and managers, lots of potential
Cons
none that I can think of
Co-workers were extremely helpful.
Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYMay 23, 2017
Was hired because I wanted to update my skills my and eventually get my DE License.

By the time I left, I learned how to use the Reverse Vision platform, was close to closing 3 Reverse Loans and closed 2 other loans. one was for $424k, and received a check in the amount of $1,000.00.

That is when I left.
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
lack of pay, bad management overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jet Direct Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5