Jet.com Employee Reviews

Great idea for a company... horrible management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 26, 2018
Love this type of work.. distribution is an easy job. But the management at this place needs some work like major time. Very young and lack the knowledge. They treat temp workers like they don’t work for the company... and even if you worked direct they still treat like lesser than. They make work stressful because numbers are all that matters... i would think the customers orders matter.. that’s just me. If you like being treated like your work doesn’t matter and you can put up with management that doesn’t do anything.. this job is for you.
Iffy
Picker (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSNovember 30, 2018
When you work there. Specifically if you're a picker. Im sure all management thinks all carts are equal, just grab a cart and fill orders. But lets say you get 6 boxes with single picks. Then must go to racking to fill them. From DA to AZ thats a FAR walk. Your overall picks are gonna fall. We shouldnt solely be based on our ability to grab items per hour. They should be judged on time between picks. Thats why your losing employees to TPH
Pros
Music, fun people
Cons
You can bust your butt and still lose your job.
fun place to work
Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJNovember 15, 2018
nothing bad to sayWorking at Jet everyday there was no surprises in what my responsibility was. I was thoroughly trained in various functions to understand what i had to do for most given task whether it was picking, shipping, inventory control, put away, or dock. The management were fair but stressed the importance of out performing sister locations like the Warehouse in New Jersey as well as completing daily targets. Jet.com once hired on or temp they offered company fun days like going to local college football games or days where lunch was brought from various eateries. Working for Jet.com the most difficult task is working dock during rush hours where shipping ramps up. The enjoyable part of the job was having decent pay and a 3 day weekend.
Pros
fbvdsv
Cons
dfvdsf
Great Culture and Job Growth
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, KSOctober 24, 2018
Jet is a great company to work for if you are looking to grow and advance in your career. They do a lot to show their appreciation for their associates and management, including recognition, parties, and company swag. The expectations are very clear, and the culture is something I have never experienced in my other jobs. I would highly recommend.
Pros
Swag, culture, Pto, leadership
Cons
fast paced, changes due to growth
Straight forward work environment with reasonable goals
Picker/shipper/Dock (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 29, 2018
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
short breaks
Foul and Vile culture
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSSeptember 24, 2018
If you like foul, vile, X-Rated rap "music", N-Word and MF word obnoxious "music" blasted at you 10 hors a day, then you'll love the mind-rotting atmosphere at Jet. If you like non-professional supervisors and managers, you'll like Jet. If you like a company that flies by the seat of it's pants and just "wings it" all the time, then you'll like Jet. If you are college educated and dependable. it doesn't matter because the PJ wearing doofus next to you is going to get promoted before you do. If you like a class system (with no class), then you'll like Jet.
Pros
decent benefits and free food every once in a while
Cons
Too many to list here, See review above
Best job ever
Trainer (Former Employee) –  McCarran, NVSeptember 7, 2018
Jet.com is amazing! First job I ever worked that felt like a second genuine home. The people there became family. Advancement is always an opportunity! Unfortunately, I had to relocate for family reasons, and there wasn't a Jet there... resigning was a hard, emotional choice for me. However returning home, I'm hopeful to return to my home base with my fellow JetHeads!
Pros
Great environment, family oriented, fun, great management system! Very involved with the JetHead Clan, no matter what. Great work is recognized and rewarded. Couldn't ask for a better team!
Cons
None I can really think of... I thoroughly enjoyed my job there. I'd go back in a heart beat!
Fast-paced and Fun Environment
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardner, KSOctober 24, 2018
The company excels in their efforts to create a great culture through work/life balance. The environment is fun, fast-paced and collaborative. Associates are given as much opportunity as Managers to have their opinions heard and implemented throughout the operation.
Pros
Unlimited vacation for Managers, Benefits
Place is toxic
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJOctober 12, 2018
Some good people. Mostly not good people. The place basically operates like a high school. Just make friends with managers who think they are the cool kids and you get promoted. The managers will seriously mock and make fun of you behind your back and to your face. Unless you suck up to one of them, you are just a number. I have never had a manager give a hoot about me in that place. You can't even bring an idea up with them because they look down on you for not being a manager. Some problem solvers are rude and not good at their jobs. The same goes for leads. Terrible place to work. They also tend to hire anyone with a warm body so it is frustrating for the good workers to work with the incompetent.

Oh and now they are opening up a new building across the street and not letting anyone in the old building get promoted in that one.
Pros
Idk 3 days off
Cons
Management/leadership
Hiring process
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJDecember 18, 2018
I thought it was rather rude to participate in 2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview along with a plant tour and not even receive a "no thank you" letter or email when I didn't receive the job. I guess that's par for the course as the entire Human Resource staff worked there under 3 months in Pedricktown.
Jet before Walmart
Partner (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 28, 2018
Jet.com was a great place to work for before it was purchased by Walmart. After it was purchased by Walmart, all of the values of the company dwindled. Conversations behind closed doors by our management were prominent and we were constantly left in the dark. Not to mention, the department I worked for was not held to their "standards" and was constantly scrutinized, I no longer felt valued by my employer, forcing me to quit my job.
Pros
Coworkers, Wages
I loved it there
Packer/Box Build/doc (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSJanuary 11, 2019
Jet really appreciate the employees they try very hard to make you feel good and enjoy your work. The people are awesome. It's like no place I have ever worked before I wish I still worked there and the fact that you can move up in the company very fast is so great I miss it there
Pros
The people
Cons
12 hr days
Excellent company with great atmosphere
Tactical Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 11, 2018
A typical day at Jet was almost just like going to your favorite place. They offered many free things for each employee, constantly were celebrating things, gave away free shirts for many events, provided free snacks and drinks in the breakrooms as well as free catered food for special occasions. On top of that, the people are the most relaxed and chill people plus the job itself isn't too bad.
Pros
Food trucks, free Coldstone each month
Productive company and I enjoyed working for them.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJOctober 17, 2018
I would definitely recommend jet to anyone looking for a constant paced work environment that is very friendly and team oriented. The atmosphere is very ecstatic and overall employer and employee friendly.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No smoking on grounds
I met alot of great people at this job.
Package Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJDecember 21, 2018
The best part about working at Jet was they keep you motivated to keep moving by play music that everybody loved. And your breaks are split up into 3. 2 paid 15 minutes and 1 regular unpaid 30 minute. Great atmosphere.
Pros
Pay, enviorment
Cons
Long hrs.
I love Jet!
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, KSOctober 24, 2018
I have been completely satisfied with my choice to work at Jet.com. The culture this company maintains is extraordinary. I have never seen another company put as much emphasis on their engagement in the workplace. We work hard and play hard.
Best warehouse locally
Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJJuly 4, 2018
Jet is one of the best temp/permanent job to work for.
There's a lot of room to grow since we are still expending since the merge with Walmart. the hours are long but getting off 3days makes up for it. Very strict on absents & lateness. If your child or self is in the hospital or doctor appointment, you should be excuse with proper paperwork. Managers are catty in other depts. Alot of drama and power that is taking over certain day to day tasks.
Pros
Free freezer pops & water
Cons
Long hrs
Official response from Jet.com
September 27, 2018

This is fantastic feedback! I am glad you have had such a great experience with us. It is great to see you felt there was a lot of room to grow with us and you enjoyed our freezer pops! Regarding the attendance policy, we recently adjusted the policy based on feedback from our employees. If you have feedback or ideas on our attendance policy, we are all ears! I would also like to get more details about the drama and specific areas of improvements for our management team. If you would like to discuss with me, please reach out and we can set up a time to chat. - Mike T.

Good and Bad
Product Catalog Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 24, 2018
While there was a great culture at jet.com there was a great deal of disconnect between the upper level management and the mid to low level employees.
Benefits
Cons
Trying to be too much at once and not being good at it
An easy-going atmosphere with friendly manangement and co-workers
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 7, 2019
daily work was always very similar so you had time to plan what and how your work day was going to go, management was great and co-workers happy. great workplace.
Jet is a fun and relaxing place to work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSNovember 30, 2018
I would recommend jet to anyone. Jet is a great place to work and I had fun working there the people are awesome to work with and the management is easy going and easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jet.com. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jet.com.

Powered by Comparably